Pratt and Taylor or Marjanovich

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Pratt and Taylor or Marjanovich; who would you rather listen to

Pratt and Taylor
47%
Marjanovich
53%

Total votes: 30

Cooke is God
AHL Prospect

Pratt and Taylor or Marjanovich

Post by Cooke is God »

Here we go, I think we should settle this. Who would you rather listen to Pratt and Taylor (Team 1040) or Bob "The Moj" Marjanovich (Mojo 730)
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

glad i saw this

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Glad I saw this before I leave for my two-week vacation. What the hell do you think? On the TEAM, we actually entertain our listeners. Whether it's the 'Daily High-Five' or 'Pratt's Rant' or our numerous guests and theme shows, more listeners tune into 'Pratt and Taylor' than Bob Marjanovich's 'Sportszone'. Bob has this idea that he can bribe listeners and give out 'schwag' with silly sports trivia segments. We know better - entertain and inform the sports listener. You be the judge.

DP
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
Cooke is God
AHL Prospect

Post by Cooke is God »

yeah because Id really like to listen to Pratt's rant... wait no Id rather hear the noise my ass makes after eating a can of beans
yammi
CC Veteran

Post by yammi »

Most definitely the Moj !!!

Pratt has to be one of the most irritating people on radio, and my opinion of Taylor has gone down significantly since he joined that show (and particularly since those two pinheads started going non-stop for Bertuzzi's blood after the Moore incident).

If the new member of this group with the nickname DavidPratt really is Pratt, then the quality of debate on this site is sure to decline (although at least he cannot be the same bombastic, pompous ass he is on the radio and get away with it unchallenged here).
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I'll take Dan Patrick and Rex Dibble orJim Rome over any of the nauseating ,unfunny, uninformed, unknowdgeable idiots that permeate the Vancouver airwaves . Thanks a lot Rob Gray for putting Brook Wart's dead air smack in the middle of my work day . :evil:
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Jim Rome=lame

I like the Moj myself.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
WCE
MVP
MVP

Post by WCE »

Uh oh...

The blobcat will defend it's young (ie, Rome) to the death Clambake...

You just opened up a can of worms... ;)
"We Will Rise Again"

- Fan's sign from the final game of the 05/06 season
Paul De Bron
AHL Prospect

Post by Paul De Bron »

Guys, that ain't the real Dave Pratt.
adios, muchachos!
Paul De Bron
AHL Prospect

Post by Paul De Bron »

huh! who knew? It's not Dave Pratt, but while talking to some colleagues today, I find out that it IS a member of the local sports media.

He's well known, and does a helluva Pratt impression. Have fun figuring it out.
adios, muchachos!
Triplets
AHL Prospect

Post by Triplets »

Moj without a doubt.
Pratt is one of the most irritating people on radio, and NOT entertaining in any way or form.
Canada is a country whose main exports are hockey players and cold fronts. Our main imports are baseball players and acid rain.
Pierre Trudeau - Prime Minister of Canada 1968-1979
Krusty
AHL Prospect

Post by Krusty »

yammi wrote:Most definitely the Moj !!!

Pratt has to be one of the most irritating people on radio, and my opinion of Taylor has gone down significantly since he joined that show (and particularly since those two pinheads started going non-stop for Bertuzzi's blood after the Moore incident).

If the new member of this group with the nickname DavidPratt really is Pratt, then the quality of debate on this site is sure to decline (although at least he cannot be the same bombastic, pompous ass he is on the radio and get away with it unchallenged here).
Gotta agree with you on this. My opinion of Taylor since he joined Prattt has dropped significantly.

Does Pratt actually go to any sporting events? I think he just phones Gallagher for his material :?
Pick_My_Nose
CC Rookie

Post by Pick_My_Nose »

I got close friends in the Sports Media, and they tell me, they haven't seen Pratt at a single sports venue since he started his gig with the TEAM. I've met the Moj a few times and found him to be really cool and full of stories. But the problem I have with Moj's show, is every time I tune him in, he's talking NFL football. That's even when the Canucks are playing. I mean, I get enough NFL when the stations go to their American programming after 6:00. I'm Canadian. I want hockey, hockey, CFL, maybe some NFL and MLB, and more hockey. I know it's tough since there's no NHL going on. But don't they pay these guys the big bucks to be creative?

Also, as someone who's stuck in his vehicle for most of the day, driving around, I really wish one of these stations would give us listeners something new. Here's a funny story. I'm listening to Mojo in the morning, Kelly Hrudey's on with McKeachie, during the World Cup. That afternoon, the Moj has Hrudey on again. So when he went to commercial, I flipped over to the Team, and heard Taylor state they were, "Just waiting to hook up with Kelly Hrudey from HNIC." Three times in a day! Now that's rediculous.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm waiting for some new talent. Blake Price isn't bad, but he has the same guests everyone else does. Brook Ward just likes to hear himself talk. Barry McDonald's gone AWOL, and unfortunately Rick Ball can't carry the ball alone! (no pun intended). Arthur Griffiths' show isn't even worth talking about, it's so bloody painful. A friend of mine that works for CORUS told me that Bro Jake and Neil McCrae are pulling down $1,500 a show to do their Monday, hour long drunk fest at the Yale brewing pub. Dan Russell, is he done promoting his show yet for its 20th anniversary?

It's time for some new talent with some new ideas. There's some talent over at CKWX even though they only update scores, Jeff Paterson at NW is good. Has anyone else noticed that all of MOJO Radio's spares are T.V. Guys? Is there no one in radio these days that's good enough or creative enough to step into a talk show, and bring something new to the table?

As for what I'd like......I'd like to see a pair of hosts put together a local show along the lines of what Dan Patrick does. Something that's different, light hearted and entertaining, rather than having Pratt shove his bullschtik down my throat. :mex:
You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose. But never, EVER, pick your friend's noses!!!!! BOOGER!!!
Krusty
AHL Prospect

Post by Krusty »

"Barry McDonald's gone AWOL"

I'm curious, What happened to him?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Krusty wrote:"Barry McDonald's gone AWOL"

I'm curious, What happened to him?
Knowing B-Mac as I do, I'm sure he's found a new mirror that he can't get away from. He's more self absorbed than a water and paper towel sandwhich. :lol:
Pick_My_Nose
CC Rookie

Post by Pick_My_Nose »

Actually, from what I heard from my buddy, B-Mac suffers from severe depression. He fought it a couple of years ago, and seems to have relapsed. Gotta feel for him right now.
You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose. But never, EVER, pick your friend's noses!!!!! BOOGER!!!