Been gone for a week...what's up?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Been gone for a week...what's up?

Post by tantalum »

I see bourdon has made it into only one game and only for a few minutes....why? If he isnt going to be played why is he not in the Q?

From what I've been able to see (a few periods of the Colroado and minnesota game) Morrison, Bulis and Cooke have been shite.

The sedins and naslund look great but the sedins can run that line themselves without Naslund. Put Naslund with Morrison and see if they can get some decent $3.2 milllion dolaar play out of Morrison.

Wow does the canuck defence like to watch people stand in front of the net and get 2 or 3 chances.

And the reason I was absent for a week...

One of the newest canuck fans...my brand new baby daughter.
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Been gone for a week...what's up?

Post by Jovorock »

tantalum wrote:
And the reason I was absent for a week...

Congrats Tant, we always have lots of room for another Nuck fan!
the Cunning Linguist
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Cunning Linguist »

Congratulations, tantalum!

Did anyone see MC79hockey's review of the Canucks? He had some pretty scathing things to say about Morrison, and after four games sans Naslund and Bertuzzi, I'm beginning to think he's right.
For a guy who's spent as much as time with Naslund and Bertuzzi as Brendan Morrison has, his PP numbers are terrible. He's a guy who Dave Nonis should have looked to move over the summer - even more than Bertuzzi, his counting numbers are a product of ice time. He's had five full seasons in Vancouver at this point and 1720.80 minutes of PP time in those five years. He's posted 3.25 PPP/60 in that time span, only once beating the 4.0 PPP/60 mark. Bertuzzi over that time period: 4.44 PPP/60. Naslund: 5.61 PPP/60. I'm not enough of a Canucks follower to remember way back when Andrew Cassels was there, if Morrison was getting ice time with the big guys but Morrison's production is unacceptable for a guy getting the PP ice time that he gets. Amazingly, he's signed for another year at $3.2MM.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

CONGRATULATIONS!!

I did notice one thing missing, though... ;)

Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Kel
MVP
MVP

Post by Kel »

Congratulations, Tant!

It's a new season and a new team. I still remember arguing with you about Cloutier and Auld, and in the end suggested that regardless of who's better, the Canucks perhaps should try to spend more cap space on a truly top-10 goaltender, and you agreed. Now, Nonis got the team a top-5 goalie and we are seeing the difference he has made. (I think he stole a point last night for sure, despite being unlucky to have lost the shutout and another point)

Regarding Morrison, yes this guy is pretty disappointing. I remember him being a clutch guy, scoring a bunch of OT, game-winning, game-tying goals at big games. And then I read about how well he did in Europe during the lockout. But it's all downhill since then. He's not playing well enough to justify his salary, but it's hard to find a good 1st/2nd line centre for $3.2million on the other hand. I guess we can wait until other teams start to struggle and pull something like the Joe Thornton deal. (OK, that's exaggeration, but you get the idea.)
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Comgratulation Tant, what a ride kids take you on
cheers
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Grats Tant!
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
WCE
MVP
MVP

Post by WCE »

Congrats on the lil one, Tant!

Well I would slice it up like this:

Luongo has been terrific, and if not for some bad luck he would already have two shutouts. But, his numbers (GAA and Save%) can tell you that story.

I still don't like Naslund on the top line...I'd rather have Cooke-Morrison-Naslund and switch around the wingers with the Sedins until we find a decent fit.

Krajicek has looked good. Bourdon in his debut did not - he needs to go back to Junior. He will get exposed badly at this level at this stage in his career.

Kes got knocked loopy last night, it did not look good.

2-1-1 start on the road is not bad, but there are some visibile issues.
"We Will Rise Again"

- Fan's sign from the final game of the 05/06 season
JonnyLaRue
AHL Prospect

Post by JonnyLaRue »

Congratulations, tantalum!

Hope you are getting some sleep when ever you can

PS I will be getting my own little Canucks fan soon (due in 2 months).
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Congratulations Tant :cheers: Shes a beauty

If Bourdon gets sent down would junior be better than the Moose?

The Canucks seem an injury or two away from some serious depth issues on Defense

I'd like to see Bourdon see some serious ice-time for these first 15 games even if it hurt the team a little bit.
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

tantalum wrote:And the reason I was absent for a week...

Congratulations. I don't have kids but one of my colleagues recently just had a new child as well.

dp
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

Congrats Tant !! What a beauty...want to sign a 15 year contract? I kidd..sorry Mr Snow...
Fitzpatrick has been a nice suprise...does not extend himself to places where he will get beat & has a nice ability to take a bit of a cheap shot.
Bourdon looks a bit frightened, at the same time has done well when scared.
The Sedins look awesome. The other guy on the line could be the other guy on the line. Unfortunately its Naslund. I hope it's a confidence boost to put him on another line. Naslund will not go to the dirty spots like Carter did.
Mitchell is a beauty. Played 26+ minutes against Gaborik/Demitra & did not give up a goal. Mitchell & Ohlund are a great one-two pair.
Krajicek has great wheels & seems to be able to move the puck. Not much of an NHL shot so far. Bieksa has earned some PP time & has shot the puck well but seems to panic a bit with the puck. More confidence will cure that.
Sit back & enjoy Luongo.....he makes beer taste better....& now I know that's possible!!
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

Congratulations !

If you want to keep the theme going, I think "Iridium" is a nice name for a girl. :)
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

tantalum wrote:One of the newest canuck fans...my brand new baby daughter.
Congratulations and welcome. :roll:

I'm sure you'll do everything to take care of her to not get misleaded. Canucks forever. ;) :lol:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
rikster
MVP
MVP

Post by rikster »

Well done Tant...

Good to have you back...

Take care..