The Korg Line

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

The Korg Line

Post by Madcombinepilot »

I have been thinking of a name for the 'Swedish Touch' line (as they are being called). My problem is while accurate, it is hard to be proud of a line name that makes it sound pink, frilly and slightly homosexual... So with much hard Brainey activity stuff happening in my head, and a vast ammount of atrificial intelligence booster (Rum), I have it!

The Korg line (Swedish for basket, seeing as we have all our Swedish
eggs in one)

In a drunken stupor after Friday's come back, I asked a local expert (read: next drunk down the bar to my left) if he knew Swedish.... Would you believe he did?!?!?
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Not bad but i would like "The Tre Kroners Line" better.

Cheers.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

The reason you guys don't like the name 'Swedish Touch' is that, while you are great fans and excellent posters, you're not in Vancouver.

'The Swedish Touch' is also the name of one of Vancouver's longest established.....ahem...."massage parlours". So, far from being homosexual, it's humerously salacious.

I admit 'Korg' sounds cool and macho (and makes sense), but 'The Swedish Touch' is just too funny to lose.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

'The Swedish Touch' is also the name of one of Vancouver's longest established.....ahem...."massage parlours". So, far from being homosexual, it's humerously salacious.
well now.... why didn't someone say so??? and why didn't we go check out some of these local landmarks when we were there for the meet and greet?
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
ververgaert
MVP
MVP

Post by ververgaert »

If they were the Surrey Canucks I guess we'd call them the Alley cats line. After our rub and tug beside the 'bird.
Don Cherry for Prime Minister
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

I really think naming a line has to come naturally....this just seems a tad laboured....and some of the suggestions are really weak....ie IKEA, Volvo....nothing like going for the completely obvious. French Connection, Legion of Doom, Kraut, Kid....those ones just worked and came naturally....lets face nothing has come naturally w/ naming this line. There was never any need to name Gretzky or Lemieux's lines. West Coast Express was gay too.
WCE
MVP
MVP

Post by WCE »

ClamRussel wrote:West Coast Express was gay too.
:blush: - Where were you 6+ years ago when I chose my handle??? Asshole! ;)

To be honest, I really don't care what they are called as long as they can find some chemistry. Cycling doesn't play to Naslund's strong points, and I would like to see him maybe shy away from it a bit more and look for open spots. The twins are good enough to find him.

But that is something that will come with time as they try and figure one an other out. Despite Naslund's immense talent, he is the one who is going to have to change his game to fit the twins, not the other way around.

Daniel will also have to take on the role of goal scorer more so this year. He needs to be a trigger man as well in order to give this team another true scoring threat.
"We Will Rise Again"

- Fan's sign from the final game of the 05/06 season
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

ververgaert wrote:If they were the Surrey Canucks I guess we'd call them the Alley cats line. After our rub and tug beside the 'bird.
Funny you know, a friend of mine is from Surrey. We could call them "The Bansal Line".

God damn the indians... :lol:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 »

WCE wrote:But that is something that will come with time as they try and figure one an other out. Despite Naslund's immense talent, he is the one who is going to have to change his game to fit the twins, not the other way around.
And that's precisely why I want this experimented ended sooner rather than later. Put Bulis with the Twins and let him get going, and have Näslund play with Morrison again, and have two legitimate scoring lines.

I agree that Näslund has to change his games to become the new Anson Carter, and that's not something that one of the planet's best scorers should be seeking to do. Hell, it violates economic theory. It's like taking a masterful French chef and asking him to cook Japenese. He could probably still pull it off better than most non-chefs, but wouldn't you rather him as the French one where he's earned his reputation?
MarkMM
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by MarkMM »

Madcombinepilot wrote:
well now.... why didn't someone say so??? and why didn't we go check out some of these local landmarks when we were there for the meet and greet?
http://www.theswedishtouch.com/

:roll:
Mark
Nanaimo_Nuck
CC Rookie

Post by Nanaimo_Nuck »

The Swedish Touch... Maybe they could become business partners with the Canucks....
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Hey Mcp, i changed my mind, The Swedish Touch sounds great. :mrgreen:
Tukaram
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Tukaram »

Swedish Touch sounds classy, but those "in the know" will appreciate the name more. :lol:
SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by SRsez »

WCE wrote:
ClamRussel wrote:West Coast Express was gay too.
:blush: - Where were you 6+ years ago when I chose my handle??? Asshole! ;)

:lol: :lol:

That was funny.
Real hockey fans refuse to listen to the Idiot(tm)
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

They sell jerseys, too! Could be a good item if the name catches on. :)

Maybe they could become business partners with the Canucks
Funny you should mention that, the Las Vegas Wranglers work with one of the strip clubs in town. The girls hand out flyers when you go in a game.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."