Pavel Bure

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

lil-scarface
AHL Prospect

Pavel Bure

Post by lil-scarface »

Is it wrong for me to love this guy, because i think he is absolutely amazing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KmoI6oJuyLY
Carlos
tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

who hasnt seen this video by now
BELIEVE.

"we did a fucking great job"
Jonathan Toews
Meerschaum
MVP
MVP

Re: Pavel Bure

Post by Meerschaum »

lil-scarface wrote:Is it wrong for me to love this guy
Well, if they ban same sex marriage . . . technically, yes. It would be wrong.
Modo vincis, modo vinceris.
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by The_Pauser »

I hate Pavel Booooore. Hated him ever since he held the team/city hostage a few years back. If he ever came back here, likely the 2010 Olympics as the builder of the Russian national team, I'll boo him out of the building.
Nanaimo_Nuck
CC Rookie

Post by Nanaimo_Nuck »

The_Pauser wrote:I hate Pavel Booooore. Hated him ever since he held the team/city hostage a few years back. If he ever came back here, likely the 2010 Olympics as the builder of the Russian national team, I'll boo him out of the building.
You are ridiculous.
hench
AHL Prospect

Post by hench »

Bure is probably the best natural goal scorer, and best skater that the league has yet to see. but his attitude gets him the name of a selfish whiney bitch. but ya, id still resign him in a heart beat...oops forgot...we have a cap now...damn...means we couldnt afford him newayz.
Kel
MVP
MVP

Post by Kel »

The_Pauser wrote:I hate Pavel Booooore. Hated him ever since he held the team/city hostage a few years back. If he ever came back here, likely the 2010 Olympics as the builder of the Russian national team, I'll boo him out of the building.
Well, Bure wasn't well received before his holdout, otherwise he wouldn't have requested a trade in the first place. He worked under a GM who didn't want to sign his contract. He was accused of faking injuries. He was accused of threatening to hold out during the Cup run. He's reportedly linked to criminals in Russia. I mean, why would he want to stay? Then, he waited at least one whole season after the team agreed to trade him and nothing happpened. It's not right for him to hold out with a contract, but he did sacrifice his salary during that time to get what he was promised by the Canucks management.
Maple-Greek
AHL Prospect

Post by Maple-Greek »

By far, the best player to ever wear a Canucks jersey.
Tukaram
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Tukaram »

Maple-Greek wrote:By far, the best player to ever wear a Canucks jersey.
Yep.
ververgaert
MVP
MVP

Post by ververgaert »

He wanted out because he was at odds with management and the media and the fools that buy their crap went for his throat and did it with out showing the least bit of respect for him whatsoever. Don't believe me? find the piece on the top 25 canucks and watch Bure's , Jim Robson spells it out for you.
Don Cherry for Prime Minister
Patch
AHL Prospect

Post by Patch »

Anyone know when and why he changed his 10 for 96?

Patch
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Patch wrote:Anyone know when and why he changed his 10 for 96?

Patch
Isn't that the year he got citizenship? Or something along those lines?
NKCTB7
AHL Prospect

Post by NKCTB7 »

Who would'nt walk off the job if their employer didn't pay them! The Canucks signed the contract which clearly stated that he was to be paid, even in the event of a lockout.Then they refused to pay. Not to take anything away from Ovechkin and Crosby but, Pavel, in my mind, is still the most exciting player with unbelievable skating ability , that i have ever seen. I have yet to see anyone skate as fast as he did with the puck, and make everyone look like they were standing still.
"I'm looking forward to making a run for the Stanley Cup with Vancouver"...Roberto Luongo
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Patch wrote:Anyone know when and why he changed his 10 for 96?

Patch
Isn't that the year he got citizenship? Or something along those lines?
It was the date he defected from Russia.

September ( 9th month) Six ( Six day of the month)
*CanucksForLife*
CC Veteran

Post by *CanucksForLife* »

That's bull. If you watch that video, he is working his butt out there to make your city winners. And he did a great job of that. Thats just bs.
I Hart Luongo.