Inside Scoop: The Sunday Province's dirt on the Canucks

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

The_Pauser wrote:Either way. I stress this. You heard it first from The Pauser. Pick up tomorrow's province. It'll be something you wont want to miss.
YAWN.

dp
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Badfish wrote:
Absolutely! Tony "the cold stench of death" Gallagher
As for the Pauser - Dude.... 63 posts in 2 days? and you come in here with your first post slaggin bert, and spouting off like you're the next Pratt, just what this board does NOT need!

I'm sorry to be so harsh but there's been a steady influx of this type it seems lately :cry:
HEY!! What would you suggest? The same old boring stuff? Every now and then you need someone stirring the pot with a big fat spoon.

You got a problem with that?

As for 'the Pauser' I only have one thing to say: there's only room for one Pratt on this board and it isn't him.

dp

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

Hey, ok I'll admit I'm not your biggest fan DP, (nor am I your biggst critic) but my post wasn't a direct shot at you. I was just a little unimpressed with my first impression of Pauser, after hearing him on sportstalk a few times, and then his initial cannonball into our quiet forums :)

I've changed my tune though, and yes, perhaps it was just his initial excitement at joining and having allot to say. The best part about this forum is the opinions of the people in it, and the debates that follow, so I apologize to you both.

That being said, I think nuckfan in TO put it perfectly:
what I'm more interested in is backing up a posted opinion with logic. I think that he'd come across a lot better if he just backed up his points and forgot about trying to come across as someone who's connected with any "inside source"
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Badfish wrote:Hey, ok I'll admit I'm not your biggest fan DP, (nor am I your biggst critic) but my post wasn't a direct shot at you. I was just a little unimpressed with my first impression of Pauser, after hearing him on sportstalk a few times, and then his initial cannonball into our quiet forums :)
I understand where you are coming from regarding the Pauser. I will say this about 'stirring it up' - there's nothing wrong with debating and discussing issues around the Canucks - as long as there is some logic to them and the discussion doesn't get personal.

dp

Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

Well as someone who drops into every Canuck discussion board I can find, I will say this for the Pauser, he always has an opinion. Hey Pauser I was reading something on another board and they said the Pauser was banned, is this why you are here now? I read the article and couldn't understand why the moderaror said you are banned.
Jester
AHL Prospect

Post by Jester »

Because he's a Pauser Poser. Much like DP is a Double Penetrator. ermm.. uh... David PRATTender? ;)
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Jester wrote:Because he's a Pauser Poser. Much like DP is a Double Penetrator. ermm.. uh... David PRATTender? ;)
That's right. By the way, nice avatar. Do you think you could have chosen one that wasn't so.....cozy?

dp

Jester
AHL Prospect

Post by Jester »

DavidPratt_ wrote: Do you think you could have chosen one that wasn't so.....cozy?

dp
8-) I wish it was cozier.
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Jester wrote:
DavidPratt_ wrote: Do you think you could have chosen one that wasn't so.....cozy?

dp
8-) I wish it was cozier.
I'm sure you do. Maybe you should replace Linden and Mclean with you and the Pauser.

dp

DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Re: Inside Scoop: The Sunday Province's dirt on the Canucks

Post by DavidPratt_ »

The_Pauser wrote:
yammi wrote:
The_Pauser wrote:With my very 1st post
I gotta ask ... are you THE pauser ... the one we've been hearing on Vancouver local radio for the past decade or so getting brushed off by Dan Russell and others?
Didn't take long for someone to ask this. If I tell you that I am THE Pauser I may face constant scrutiny. If I tell you that I'm not THE Pauser, then I may face constant scrutiny about taking the name. I'm just going to answer back with a "No Comment" and let people think whatever they want.
I know for a fact that the 'REAL' Pauser lives in a trailer home underneath the Alex Fraser Bridge near Surrey. The trailer park doesn't have Internet access, so I'm wondering how this 'Pauser' can post messages on here.

Just kidding.

dp

randymeeks
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by randymeeks »

Does anyone have a link to this story? I would love to read it but can't due to the fact that I don't live in Vancouver.
38 years without a Stanley Cup and counting.
MarkMM
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by MarkMM »

HappyCanuck wrote:Well as someone who drops into every Canuck discussion board I can find, I will say this for the Pauser, he always has an opinion. Hey Pauser I was reading something on another board and they said the Pauser was banned, is this why you are here now? I read the article and couldn't understand why the moderaror said you are banned.
I think it had something to do with Pauser going off on some of the noobs who posted comments and questions of questionable value, and then going off on the moderators for their lack of moderating these posts.
Mark
MarkMM
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by MarkMM »

randymeeks wrote:Does anyone have a link to this story? I would love to read it but can't due to the fact that I don't live in Vancouver.
I think this is it...

http://www.canada.com/theprovince/news/ ... 75&k=36588

And TSN's take...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=177111&hubname=nhl
Mark
randymeeks
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by randymeeks »

Thanks... I phoned up my father in the Vancouver area when I found out about this article and asked him if he had the article but he told me he had cancelled the newspaper subscription just a while back.
38 years without a Stanley Cup and counting.
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by The_Pauser »

MarkMM wrote:
HappyCanuck wrote:Well as someone who drops into every Canuck discussion board I can find, I will say this for the Pauser, he always has an opinion. Hey Pauser I was reading something on another board and they said the Pauser was banned, is this why you are here now? I read the article and couldn't understand why the moderaror said you are banned.
I think it had something to do with Pauser going off on some of the noobs who posted comments and questions of questionable value, and then going off on the moderators for their lack of moderating these posts.
As far as my critics here go...you people can kiss my hairy white butt. Why? Because I dont care.

Mark hit the nail bang on. I got sick of noobs signing up for the other board, starting massive posts with no substance to it, thus crapping on the boards, and the mods doing absolutely nothing about it. So I took liberties in my own hands and what do you know, it seems as if the mods would prefer noobs to crap all over their boards with questionable posts than a guy who dedicated countless hours and over 2000 posts in a year who actually added some good hockey talk.

Oh well...Brian is a much better mod than you know who and that's all I got to say about that.

If anyone has anything further to discuss on this please PM me or post it in the Bar and Grille...it's taken too much space on the hockey talk board here than it should have.