Burrows signed, King refuses offer and walk out

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

The_Pauser wrote:One guy no one talks about playing with the Sedins could be Marc-Andre Bernier. This guy is big and strong against the boards. He's a mini-power forward and has the ability to get those garbage goals at the side of the net a la Anson Carter.

He could be a sleeper to watch out for.
chance are that Bernier will have trouible making the Moose this season, he played in the ECHL last year, sent down by the Moose. Not good for a 2nd round pick
cheers
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Yeah I was going to say the same thing. Bernier best solidify a position in the AHL before anyone think she's NHL ready. He was an ECHLer last year and not a good one (only 6 goals and 23 points in 44 games).

People are excited over some nice scrimmages he's had with other prospects (many at the same level he is at). While Bernier has good hands and a nice shot this is exactly what he does at that level....he teases with a nice few game streak and then you get nothing for weeks. That was his QMJHL career signature.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

What exactly is a 'Mini-power forward'???
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Madcombinepilot wrote:What exactly is a 'Mini-power forward'???
Guy who tries to play a power forward game but ends up getting hurt all the time against gorwn up competition???