Marcus Captain?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

ververgaert wrote:Bure by far had the most talent. Gary Smith is on the short list as well. Don't get me wrong Naslund is a good player but Bure had way more talent.
Now there's a name I remember! You're getting old Ververgaert.

dp
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

ververgaert wrote:How do we know that Bert brought that Grizz? Don't you think the media brought that instead? Same result, destoyed a good team but I don't think Bert is the main culprit.

In three years a leader will have emerged from the newer players. I don't think looking that far ahead is needed now.

The coach of the Canucks agrees with you on your third point and so do I.
Never said Bert was the "main" culprit ... I think certainly though he was part of the problem ... it wasn't news that Crow and Bert didn't get along and its not news that Naslund and Bert were good friends ... kinda puts Naslund in the middle a bit doesn't it ... having to choose sides. Mental stress with the tension of that could easily affect his play and leadership decision making.

As far as the media bringing that ... I guess that depends on an individuals view of the media ... our poster Media Man here has been up front with his comments regarding the Nucks and situations surrounding Bert ... from what I have seen his info has been quite accurate and reliable.
However not everyone may agree with me on that and therefore the spin on the "Bert disrupting the team situation" may be related to what a person wants to believe or how they view the media as an accurate and reliable source of info. My opinion is just an opinion ... and personally I think Berts troubles and tightness with Naslund affected Naslunds ability to properly lead the team. I am very much interested to see how things run this year.

Regarding a new leader in the next three years ... I think you are right ... a new leader will emerge from the current crew ... but having said that and realizing that likely Naslund will likely or possibly be gone at the end of 3 years(ish) ... I wouldn't necessarily be waiting until then... I would be feeling out a new leader and looking for a transition within the next two.

Grizz
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

ververgaert wrote:I don't believe that for one second. The cancer in the dressing room was the media after every game.
I respect your opinion on that ... so we'll say its a fair comment ... i am also willing to debate it though ...

.. my question to you then is on what basis do you think that the Media has hyped everything up and that they are the main problem as opposed to Bert or anyone else being a problem ? Are you saying then that there were no problems or that it was at the very most just minimal ... and that the media blew everything out of proportion ??

Grizz
WCE
MVP
MVP

Post by WCE »

Grizzly wrote:
ververgaert wrote:I don't believe that for one second. The cancer in the dressing room was the media after every game.
I respect your opinion on that ... so we'll say its a fair comment ... i am also willing to debate it though ...

.. my question to you then is on what basis do you think that the Media has hyped everything up and that they are the main problem as opposed to Bert or anyone else being a problem ? Are you saying then that there were no problems or that it was at the very most just minimal ... and that the media blew everything out of proportion ??

Grizz
Blaming the media is a pretty weak excuse.

If the media was able to cripple the team and cause it fold down the stretch, then that speaks to the character inside and outside of the room in the Canuck's organization.

I for one don't think that it is the case. There were a myriad of factors that sank the ship so to speak, and the media isn't very high up on my list.
"We Will Rise Again"

- Fan's sign from the final game of the 05/06 season