Hirsch calls NHLers in Europe 'scabs'

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Are the NHL'ers SCABS?

No
40%
Yes
60%

Total votes: 20

SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by SRsez »

The hypocrisy, "Idiot", is that the NHLPA isn't willing to take a significant cut in salaries, yet are willing to play elsewhere for 1/10 the money? That's the crock, and the reason why real hockey fans are actually taking the sides of the owners, despite the fact that it was their stupidity in the first place that caused the problem.

p.s. nice handle - was Der Fuehrer already taken?
Real hockey fans refuse to listen to the Idiot(tm)
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I could only dream that Rome would bump that fat chunk of shit (Pratt) off of the airwaves. :lol:
Krusty
AHL Prospect

Post by Krusty »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:I could only dream that Rome would bump that fat chunk of shit (Pratt) off of the airwaves. :lol:
:cheers: :cheers:
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Nice to see George Laraque speak out against NHL players going over to Europe.... I'm on Georges side... always LOL
cheers
SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by SRsez »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:I could only dream that Rome would bump that fat chunk of shit (Pratt) off of the airwaves. :lol:
Well, you know me Blob, and my affection for all things Romie. I mean how much I love Romie. Who doesn't love Romie? And yet, I completely agree. I'd rather listen to that blathering Yank than the Canadian Idiot.
Dixie
AHL Prospect

Post by Dixie »

I realize that this thread is pretty old...however I am new here and I have been trying to get a feel for the place. I hope you don't mind me posting my opinion on this matter.

Concerning Hirsch calling NHL'ers in Europe "Scabs":

Corey Hirsch himself displaced a Swiss goaltender back down to Tier II when he arrived in Europe last year.

Hirsch was there the entire season last year and only got into 5 games. How many games does he think his limited-talent ass will see this year even without Gerber around?

In labor terms a "scab" is someone who either refuses to join a union or violates a union picket line to continue working. The NHL'ers currently in Europe aren't violating any picket lines.

Concerning the other players that have jetted off to Europe.....it appears to me that a majority of them are going back to their hometown teams/countries. In all honesty, the only league I follow is the SEL. So my view is slanted towards players in the SEL. Players like Forsberg, the Sedin borthers, Alfredsson (who will join after the European All-Stars Tour) and others left their hometown teams right as they were becoming stars. Now the fans are getting an opportunity to see these players while they are still in their prime. These players are giving a little something back to the fans and the teams that helped them reach the pinnacle of hockey....playing in the NHL. As for the rest of the NHL'ers....why not go to Europe?? The fans, the teams....everyone wants them (well, except for players like Hirsch I guess.) Hockey interest is at an all time high in Sweden and ticket sales/revenues are way up. This is definitely good for Swedish hockey and I would assume it is good for hockey all over Europe as well.

And for anyone that is worried about Hirsch, last I heard, his unemployment didn't last long, as he was recently signed by the Kassel Huskies of the German League.

Just my thoughts! :)
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

Maybe a European League should be formed with teams from cities all across Europe etc.. The new NHL ...

Grizz
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Maybe a European League should be formed with teams from cities all across Europe etc.. The new NHL

Not a bad idea. They could also form the European hockey league, modeled after the soccer leagues. Kinda like the champions league of hockey....
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Mozy
MVP
MVP

Post by Mozy »

the NHLers cant be scabs i mean it is clearly just a competition for jobs and if the euro players are going to whine because they are losing their jobs to better players then they should suck it up and get better thats all there is to it and there are no two ways about it
Did you see the pool? They flipped the bitch
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Remember that when replacement players come in to the NHL teams
cheers
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

To add: McCabe and Savard were cut from their European teams in the past week. McCabe because he sucked and Savard because he was fat and slow. Boucher left his because he was only a backup. Turco left for "personal reasons". And Kim Johnsson left his team. All is not so rosey in Europe for these NHLers.
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

tantalum wrote:To add: McCabe and Savard were cut from their European teams in the past week. McCabe because he sucked and Savard because he was fat and slow. Boucher left his because he was only a backup. Turco left for "personal reasons". And Kim Johnsson left his team. All is not so rosey in Europe for these NHLers.
Seems like a few boys are homesick?
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!
Mozy
MVP
MVP

Post by Mozy »

also recenlty bard ricahrds has left russia to come back, but claims that it is for medical reasons
Did you see the pool? They flipped the bitch