2006-2007 Canucks Roster, Salaries & Info

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred » Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:04 pm

Very helpfull site, but schultz is from Strasburg Saskatchewan
cheers

steeda3
AHL Prospect

Post by steeda3 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:51 pm

jchockey wrote:
steeda3 wrote: There was absolutely no need to offer Luongo that big of a contract that early and he gave up far to much to get him here....He should have made sure, that he resigned all his stars from last season BEFORE he tried to secure Luongo....

Lastly, I can't wait to see what many of you are gonna say when NO ONE can create the chemistry with the Sedins the way Carter did...That man should have been re-signed but Numb Nuts Nonis is a racists and he didn't want to offer Carter a proven 30+Goal scorer 2.5.....Instead he gives it to a BUM by the name of Ryan Kessler when he didn't even score 10 goals and got his arse beat by every fighter he faced on the ice......I can't wait until NUMB NUTS NONIS is fired at the end of the season.
1. If the key to rebuilding a team starts from the net out, as Nonis has repeatedly said (and other "experts" too), then you do sign Luongo first. You may not agree with the moves he has done but Nonis has stuck to his agenda. Kudos to him.

2. Where do you get your info from? Anson Carter has NEVER hit the 30-goal plateau until last year. He is not a proven 30+ goal scorer. The closest he got was 28 back in Edmonton 5 five years ago. If you're gonna go so far as calling Nonis a racist, why not call Doug MacLean one too? Nikolai Zherdev, a 27-goal scorer with more upside than Carter, gets low-balled with offers. And yet MacLean goes out and signs Carter for the same price Zherdev is asking. Does that not make MacLean racist too?

I'd hate to see your face when whoever the Sedins' linemate is hits 30 goals. And in the meantime Carter rots in Columbus and never hits 30 again. And if you're serious about Emery being underpaid and willing to offer him $1 million per year, by all means do so, but remember that he is a backup, drafted in the 4th round, with less than 50 games of experience under his belt. Not to mention one Martin Gerber playing in front of him who helped the 'Canes reach the playoffs.

And I have no idea what articles you read, but Nonis wasn't too thrilled he had to sign Kesler to $1.9 million either. And Kesler did score 10 goals last year, by the way. And oh, did I mention Kesler is not a scrapper either?

1. Nobody on the Canucks team will put up Carter type numbers with the sedins...

2. Carter proved to everybody that he can score goals....He doesn't need the Sedin's....Hell how many times have he scored 20 or more Goals in a season...? Lots...

3. Look at there preseason games.....Lots of easy shots let in by THE INVINCIBLE Luongo.....If the preseason is ANY indication of the regualar season, then the canucks won't win 30 games..and this guy will turn out to be THE BIGGEST BUST IN CANUCKS HISTORY...I honestly believe they simply don't have the talent to put the puck in the net and that my friend is just as important as keeping it out..

Kel
MVP
MVP

Post by Kel » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:44 pm

steeda3 wrote: 1. Nobody on the Canucks team will put up Carter type numbers with the sedins...
Why is that necessary? What if the Sedins themselves score more goal? Basically, the Sedin line will be better if they combine for 73 goals, which is the total of goals the line scored last year with Carter. I have confidence in that.
steeda3 wrote: 3... Lots of easy shots let in by THE INVINCIBLE Luongo.....If the preseason is ANY indication of the regualar season, then the canucks won't win 30 games..
If you pay attention, you'll realize that Luongo improved as the preseason progressed. He mentioned that he knew the tendency of every shooter in the East and would take him some time to learn that in the West. But he's already shown in the latter part of preseason that he could play well with the team in front of him. In fact, preseason is usually not a good indication, and do you remember how the Canucks started last season? They started leading the division and possibly the conference in October.

jchockey
MVP
MVP

Post by jchockey » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:24 pm

steeda3 wrote: 1. Nobody on the Canucks team will put up Carter type numbers with the sedins...

2. Carter proved to everybody that he can score goals....He doesn't need the Sedin's....Hell how many times have he scored 20 or more Goals in a season...? Lots...

3. Look at there preseason games.....Lots of easy shots let in by THE INVINCIBLE Luongo.....If the preseason is ANY indication of the regualar season, then the canucks won't win 30 games..and this guy will turn out to be THE BIGGEST BUST IN CANUCKS HISTORY...I honestly believe they simply don't have the talent to put the puck in the net and that my friend is just as important as keeping it out..
1. Well, Naslund can if he played with the Sedins... If Dan Sedin ups his total to 30 goals and Henrik reaches the 20-goal mark, then Jan Bulis' 20 is enough to make up for it.

2. Prior to Carter joining the Canucks it took him 88 games to score 16 goals. Bulis potted 20 in 73 games - on the third line with less talented linemates.

3. If Luongo handed made a bunch of big stops the Canucks could've easily finished 0-8 in preseason play. I don't know what games you've been watching/listening but he did save our asses a number of times. There's a reason why he's been pegged as Canada's future #1 should Brodeur retire.

VHF
CC Rookie

Post by VHF » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:53 pm

I updated the Team Salary and Roster  to include the aquisition of Sabourin as well adding the Team Picture and other tweaks. This should represent the opening night roster, except for, perhaps, the lines & pairings..

MarkMM
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by MarkMM » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:10 pm

VHF wrote:I updated the Team Salary and Roster  to include the aquisition of Sabourin as well adding the Team Picture and other tweaks. This should represent the opening night roster, except for, perhaps, the lines & pairings..
Interesting how Aquaman is in the picture, but not Mr. McCaw.

Great site, btw.
Mark

dallasdman
CC Rookie

Post by dallasdman » Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:47 pm

Wow Great work!!. very detailed and very cool..

Look forward to seeing what else you got up your sleeve.

:cheers:
THE ZAMBONI STOPS FOR NO ONE !!!

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot » Thu May 17, 2007 2:51 pm

VHF,

Just curious as to when (if ever) you were planning on updating the site...

no pressure, just curiosity...
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.

Puck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Puck » Fri May 18, 2007 8:58 am

steeda3 said:

"1. Nobody on the Canucks team will put up Carter type numbers with the sedins...

3. Look at there preseason games.....Lots of easy shots let in by THE INVINCIBLE Luongo.....If the preseason is ANY indication of the regualar season, then the canucks won't win 30 games..and this guy will turn out to be THE BIGGEST BUST IN CANUCKS HISTORY..."

Wow, as I paged through this topic to get to the new stuff, I happened to read steeda3's comments. I respect that he was steadfast in his convictions, but did he ever get it wrong!

Pyatt 23 goals
Carter 11 goals (didn't play 82 games, but pro-rated it's still 14)
Luongo... I don't need to discuss how he did

Hindsight is of course 20-20.

stevethiessen
MVP
MVP

Post by stevethiessen » Fri May 18, 2007 11:12 am

That's the problem with posting... once you hit "post" it's out there, and for a good long while too...

I got a good laugh out of this--if anything it should promote cooler heads, and actually thinking things through.

Emotional posts don't age very well...

On the flip side, Emery at 1M would be a pretty good bargain... but still no Luongo.

orts
CC Veteran

Post by orts » Fri May 18, 2007 11:24 am

Puck wrote:steeda3 said:

"1. Nobody on the Canucks team will put up Carter type numbers with the sedins..."

I respect that he was steadfast in his convictions, but did he ever get it wrong!
Well, really, nobody on the team did put up Carter-type numbers with the Sedins. Carter scored thirty goals; Pyatt didn't fit with them as consistently as Carter did, and not all of Pyatt's goals were with the Sedins, as I recall.

That's not to say that Pyatt didn't do well in general, or that Carter had anything but a crappy year this year, but I do think that Carter's 2005-6 chemistry with the Sedins was unparalleled in the 2006-7 group. Its strengths are just different.

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck » Fri May 18, 2007 11:35 am

Also, Carter wasn't facing the first line checkers was he?
2018-19 - The Road to 82

Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji » Thu May 24, 2007 2:26 pm

orts wrote:
That's not to say that Pyatt didn't do well in general, or that Carter had anything but a crappy year this year, but I do think that Carter's 2005-6 chemistry with the Sedins was unparalleled in the 2006-7 group. Its strengths are just different.
Well said. I couldn't agree anymore.

In my opinion, Nonis would be NUTS to NOT go after Carter in the off-season (and similarly, Carter would be NUTS not to look to re-sign in Vancouver).

1) Carter will be had for cheap.
2) Carter now knows (and appreciates) that he's the bitch in the relationship with the Sedin's and Nonis.
3) Carter's chemistry with the Sedin's is excellent. It is PROVEN. Being a right handed shot, this could mean a few more "timely" goals on the POWER PLAY. If the Canucks had any semblance of a power play this past post season, then they couldt've been preparing for the Sens as we speak. :P

randymeeks
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by randymeeks » Thu May 24, 2007 5:46 pm

3) Carter's chemistry with the Sedin's is excellent. It is PROVEN. Being a right handed shot, this could mean a few more "timely" goals on the POWER PLAY. If the Canucks had any semblance of a power play this past post season, then they couldt've been preparing for the Sens as we speak.
Anything that will get Linden off the power-play should be looked at.

It will be interesting to see what kind of money Carter will want for this season.
38 years without a Stanley Cup and counting.

VHF
CC Rookie

Post by VHF » Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:50 pm

I have been updating and expanding my website during this free agency period and will go online with the new look soon. I'll keep you posted.

For a brief snapshot of the Canucks salary/cap hit so far, check here