Who has been our MVP?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Who has been the Canucks' MVP this season?

Markus Näslund
No votes
Henrik Sedin
38%
Daniel Sedin
4%
Anson Carter
26%
Alex Auld
21%
Sami Salo
4%
Mattias Öhlund
2%
Tyler Bouck ;)
2%
Other (explain your selection)
2%

Total votes: 47

jchockey
MVP
MVP

Post by jchockey »

For me it came down to Henrik and Carter.

I went with Henrik. He kills penalties and is enjoying a superb year. I think this is the year we've all been waiting for since the day we drafted them.
Kitscanucks
AHL Prospect

Post by Kitscanucks »

If you can't pick both sedins you have to PICK Hank as the MVP.

Playing great at both ends of the ice - career totals for him and his wingers, best PP center we have had probably ever and this year is completely reliable and KILLS penalties. He does everything for this team as #1 Center.
Meerschaum
MVP
MVP

Post by Meerschaum »

I've gotta go with Hank too.

Same point total as Markus (71), but Henrick is a plus 15 to our Captain's minus 13. And Hank kills penalties . . .

Honorable mentions to Markus, Carter, Auld and . . . wait for it . . . Ruttu.
Modo vincis, modo vinceris.
trevor corey
MVP
MVP

Post by trevor corey »

I went with Carter because without his eight game winning goals we would not be in the play-off race. Unlike King the twins are not just bouncing pucks off him into the net.
He is a smart player who gets to where he needs to be for them. Carter also has fed a few to the twins.
The bro line is our MVP but the twins need each other and Carter needs the twins and the twins need Carter.
Ohlund is the teams workhorse and deserves more than just honorable mention.
Carney is a gift from Burke, too late in the season to be MVP.
"put some Preperation H on the guy and he'd disappear"
Brian Burke
gobi
MVP
MVP

Post by gobi »

If Auld would stop letting in those weak goals (ie, the goal last nite) then he will get my vote for MVP. As it stands now, I vote for Hank. If I could I would vote for the whole brother line.
Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 »

Speaking of the Brothers Line, I decided they deserved a little recognition as a formal unit, so I gave them a little gift on Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brothers_Line
Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Sid Dithers »

I voted for Hank. He's done a tremendous job at both ends of the ice and done it as the team's defacto #1 centre. Terrific year by a very complete player.
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!
MarkMM
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by MarkMM »

Sid Dithers wrote:I voted for Hank. He's done a tremendous job at both ends of the ice and done it as the team's defacto #1 centre. Terrific year by a very complete player.
I just about pissed myself over your sig!
Mark
Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Sid Dithers »

MarkMM wrote:
Sid Dithers wrote:I voted for Hank. He's done a tremendous job at both ends of the ice and done it as the team's defacto #1 centre. Terrific year by a very complete player.
I just about pissed myself over your sig!
:D I could also use this too...
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!
tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

:lol: Absolutely love the Pics! I love hockey jokes that arent at the Cauncks expense!
BELIEVE.

"we did a fucking great job"
Jonathan Toews
mindbender
CC Rookie

Post by mindbender »

I love Carter and the Sedins and the way they have played this year but in reality, weren't we expecting the Sedins to finally break out and have a season we have wanted for the past couple of years now? Carter has been the perfect fit and a nice surprise but I don't see how we could pick anyone other than Auld. This guy was supposed to be our back-up goalie. He was forced into not only the starting role for the entire season but also very little help from any back-up goalie and some truly dreadful defending until recent games. He "has" stolen some games for us this year and he has 30 wins. Would Clouts have had 30 wins with this same terrible D? I doubt it. Auld is the man for MVP in my book.
mindbender
CC Rookie

Post by mindbender »

I love Carter and the Sedins and the way they have played this year but in reality, weren't we expecting the Sedins to finally break out and have a season we have wanted for the past couple of years now? Carter has been the perfect fit and a nice surprise but I don't see how we could pick anyone other than Auld. This guy was supposed to be our back-up goalie. He was forced into not only the starting role for the entire season but also very little help from any back-up goalie and some truly dreadful defending until recent games. He "has" stolen some games for us this year and he has 30 wins. Would Clouts have had 30 wins with this same terrible D? I doubt it. Auld is the man for MVP in my book.

P.S. What is wrong with this website these days? Every post takes forever to go through and sometimes posts two or three times. I know I'm not the only one having trouble with this as I've seen several identical posts on a a few occasions lately.
Momesso
CC Veteran

Post by Momesso »

Since I couldn't split the vote between the twins, I went with Auld too. Just because he's done so much more than expected, in a year when we were decimated on the back end, and have been letting 35 shots through on a regular basis. He's got a long ways to go, though. He's been letting in too many softies.

But where would we be without the twins too? IMO the official MVPs on the last game of the year, will be given to both twins.

They could also win Most Improved as well. Or Auld. Or Allen. Or Salo.

Unsung hero: Allen?

Best rookie: Kesler (who else is there? Oh yeah, burrows, bieksa).

Other awards:

Most frustrating player who cruises around making fancy drop passes and doesn't bother to go to the net or backcheck: Todd Bertuzzi (still wins though showing signs of being interested lately)

Taking the most dumb holding penalties, especially at this crucial time of the year: Brendan Morrison.

Needs to have his "emotion" chip repaired: Markus Naslund.

Most dumbass giveaways by a newly acquired so-called veteran defenceman: Eric Weinrich.
Eyes on the Prize
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

mindbender wrote: Would Clouts have had 30 wins with this same terrible D? I doubt it. Auld is the man for MVP in my book.

P.S. What is wrong with this website these days? Every post takes forever to go through and sometimes posts two or three times. I know I'm not the only one having trouble with this as I've seen several identical posts on a a few occasions lately.
I see no reason why Clouts wouldn't be able to do the same with the terrible D. He's only posted 3 consecutive 30 win seasons with a team prone to monumentous defensive lapses. I'm not suggesting that Cloutier is an all-star by any stretch but I don't think it's fair to say that he couldn't put up the same numbers as Auld this year. Auld has been spectacular, relative to expectations. The truth is, however, that he put up similar numbers to Cloutier, which is essentially a middle-of-the-road goalie. The one thing he's got going for him is that he doesn't have a history of playoff meltdowns (knock on wood).

As for the website, I think the problems are due to the high frequency of hits it gets. Like Brian was mentioning earlier, the site is growing too big for its server (or something to that effect, I'm no computer whiz). That's too bad too because upgrading will be expensive.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

I voted for Anson Carter just because he is the most unpredictable player surprising with his performances. Who had thought about that regarding his previous seasons ?

ps: As for the double posts, there's also a delete buttom up on the right side of each posting, just use it. ;)
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'