Unacceptable

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Will the Canucks go and a four game loosing streak?

Poll ended at Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:59 pm

yes
60%
no
40%

Total votes: 10

Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

Getting a someone else in there (Lalime for example) just for a change isn't necissarily the best move. Change for changes sake can often come back to bit you in the ass.
I totally agree with you here and i am not suggesting for a second that we go and band-aid the situation ... that also would be foolish. (Lalime btw is a complete NO for me).

I just think that a move does need to be made for a legit #1 ... and yes it may be part of the core we have to trade to get it ... but shouldn't your goaltender also be part of the core ??
Getting a band-aid solution isn't what we need. If we're going to make a splash by getting our all-star goalie, we're going to have to be committed to that guy and realize that a big piece has to be moved off of our team. Conversely, if our guys can step up and start being responsible in their own end and helping out Auld/Oulette/Cloutier then we don't have to make such a drastic move
I think that if our guys could step it up and be more responsible it would definitely not shine such a bright light on our goaltending problems ... no doubt that is also an issue that needs to be addressed... however regardless of how much our guys do step up, I don't believe that we will go deep into the playoffs without more than "just ok" or "just average" goaltending.
And Auld _has_ been solid.
In my mind he has been only average ... but I'll agree to disagree with you on this .... no big deal its just a difference of opinons.
You want to upgrade? Explain who we're going to land, who we're going to give up and how we're going to fit it under this years cap.
Thats a good question ... and I am not sure I have the answer .. as i mentioned above though ... I do think that we will have to give up a core guy to get a quality goaltender. ie Jovo ... and that unfortunately may be the only way we do free up cap room.

I just don't think that leaving the situation and hoping that Auld "does the trick" for us is the answer. And Kowch I am not saying you are either ... I think we both agree that we need to explore possiblities and alternative options. The depth however to finding the answer to those options or possibilities is the issue we seem to disagree on.

I have followed Van for over 30 years and I guess I am just tired of waiting until another time or for another day ... starting to sound like the leaves ... "this is the year ... blah blah blah .... " !!!!

Grizz
Tretiak
AHL Prospect

Post by Tretiak »

i've never really seen too much flack given to ottawa goaltending...for the past 3-4 hockey seasons they always look like they're going to steamroll the nhl, but always flop in the playoffs against the leaves....

the kings have been the same way...it's been one lousy goaltender after another. potvin was supposed to be the man..but he was lousy, then checkmanik proved there's always somebody worse out there...

as far as vancouver goes...with all the goaltenders they've gone through since mclean left, i'd say cloutier's been their best bet..irbe bounces around from one team to the other, and essensa isn't somebody who's going to get you passed teams in the playoffs.. weeks can be a brilliant goaltender when he's on his game, but those games are too far and few in between..

but they better hope cloutier gets back, because auld's a sinking ship.
Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 »

Tretiak wrote:i've never really seen too much flack given to ottawa goaltending...
My old roommate was a Senator fan (as are a bunch of Ottawans I know out here)... believe me, the Sens have mirrored Vancouver in numerous ways for a few years now, especially with the crease issues and the fan reaction.
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

Jyrki21 wrote:
Tretiak wrote:i've never really seen too much flack given to ottawa goaltending...
My old roommate was a Senator fan (as are a bunch of Ottawans I know out here)... believe me, the Sens have mirrored Vancouver in numerous ways for a few years now, especially with the crease issues and the fan reaction.
There was actually alot of flak given to Ottawa when they bowed out of the playoffs the last few years... Lalime was raked ... probably a little quieter now with Hasek I bet ... no excuses this time.

Grizz
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Tretiak wrote: the kings haven't had a solid goaltender since kelly hrudey...
ROTFLMAO!!!!

Damn...
I spilled my coffee and baileys....
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Madcombinepilot wrote:
Tretiak wrote: the kings haven't had a solid goaltender since kelly hrudey...
ROTFLMAO!!!!

Damn...
I spilled my coffee and baileys....
:lol: At least he was a good looking "tender".
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Tretiak
AHL Prospect

Post by Tretiak »

Hollywood got them to the finals, that's good enough for me...he's no rogie vachon, but the kings haven't had squat since the early 90's...potvin couldn't play good for two straight games, checkmanik's the worst goaltender i've ever seen...and you come to this season.