Which Board has the best posters?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Which board has the best fans?

Poll ended at Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:38 pm

Calgary Puck
17%
Oil Fans
No votes
Lets go Kings
No votes
Go Habs
No votes
The Feeder (San Jose)
No votes
Penelty Box (Toronto)
No votes
Avalanche Zone
No votes
Lets go Wings
50%
Wild on Ice
17%
Lets go Pens
17%

Total votes: 6

Mooger35
CC Veteran

Post by Mooger35 »

rockalt wrote:Always good to read a post from an old-time member but it seems those have become few and far between.
A few of us are still there. :)

For hockey talk this site is superior.
Peter: Just don't forget our deal, Lois. I sit through this and later tonight I get anal. You hear me? No matter how neat I want the house you have to clean it.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

rockalt wrote:
mattola wrote:other than ESPN (since Ive known some posters from there for years) this is the only site I post on. I cant give an honest opinion on their posters.
Speaking of which, what do you think about the state of that message board Mattola? I took a break from posting for a long time, but what I have noticed since checking these sites again is that ESPN has really died. Not sure if it's just me. Always good to read a post from an old-time member but it seems those have become few and far between.
I sort have stopped posting there as well. It seems everytime you make a comment, some homer is there simply to flame you. Real discussions are few and far between.

That, and the damn site crashes on me every 2 or 3 posts....
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Harold
CC Veteran

Post by Harold »

I used to enjoy Calgarypuck just because it was such a busy board and there was a multitude of hockey talk there. However, I became disenchanted and gave up on the site. I know that Vancouver is a hockey rival, but I found the anti-Vancouver sentiment a little too strong for my tastes. I can stand a little smack-talk, but when I see constant posts insulting and making personal attacks against the fans, that is too much. An example would be an entire thread that they devoted to why Vancouver fans are not very intelligent. How can you take such an arbitrary group, such as fans of a specific professional hockey team, and objectively rate their intelligence? It is amateur, and is akin to school-yard taunts. Likewise, the constant inflammatory refernces to the city as "hongcouver" or "wancouver".

It seems that the posts and the people making them on that board will never change. There is at least always one Bertuzzi thread going on the first page of threads. I remember during the summer, or early in the preaseason counting and seeing five separate Bertuzzi threads on the first page alone. Isn't it a Calgary Flames fan forum? Why focus so much on a player for an opposing team? After seeing that I scrolled over the to Avalanche board and saw no such quantity of Bertuzzi-hate posts.
The Steve Moore incident happened over a year and a half ago, yet it is still front page news for the Calgarypuck faithful. Even the talk of the "no goal" in game 6 of the Stanley Cup finals (which was discussed ad nauseum) has died out, yet the Steve Moore incident persists.

A couple weeks ago I saw one of the board vets write a long diatribe about the Bertuzzi incident, and why it shows Naslund has no leadership and how the team will never win because of it, and then finished off by insulting the Vancouver fans. Again, how does this further the enjoyment and knowledge of the Calgary Flames for this fan? This is one incident, but it occurs frequently and is an illustration for me of why I no longer spend my time on that board. The same old line is advanced time after time, and anyone who deviates from that position is ridiculed and insulted. And over what? A sport that we all love; that we all have in common an interest and devotion to our own favourite teams, yet this common ground seems to be ignored.

Anyways, to summarize, Canucks Corner is my choice! :D
Brian CC
Site Admin

Post by Brian CC »

All I can say is if they hate you, they fear you. ;)
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Calphuck used to be good back when it spun out of the Rivals days. But it has gone steadily downhill and continues to do so...atleast it was the last time I was there and basically got kicked off for getting into it with Bingo on an issue of banning people (he admitted in an e-mail to me that he banned fans from other teams for less offences than flames fans on teh board...i called him on it and he didn't like it). I know my brother was also a long time poster there (and flames fan) and got sick of the immaturity of the board and also doesn't go there anymore (he also wasn't impressed with how Bingo acted towards me) thoug he still participates in the fantasy hockey league. He says nothing has change on that board and it continually gets worse. They basically troll there own board.

As far as quality of discussion it always depends on who is participating in the thread but as a whole i think this site has some very high quality discussions and has very little to no crap to wade through to get those discussions.
WCE
MVP
MVP

Post by WCE »

Until the Bertuzzi incident fades out of memory, I am not really sure that things will change.

It's a damn shame too, because there are some fantastic posters on that board who know their hockey, and my hockey knowledge is dwarfed in comparison.

But I'm not into the pot-shot game, at least not full-throttle all the time.

I think when posting over there you have to avoid the threads dedicated to Bert, because you aren't going to change anyone's mind, especially not those who espouse the extreme viewpoints.

*Christ Tant, that was a long time ago...I had forgotten about that.
"We Will Rise Again"

- Fan's sign from the final game of the 05/06 season
VHF
CC Rookie

Post by VHF »

WCE wrote: I think when posting over there you have to avoid the threads dedicated to Bert, because you aren't going to change anyone's mind, especially not those who espouse the extreme viewpoints.
Unlike you last night :lol: ;).

Interestingly, there seems to be more Canuck fans on that site lately... some of them feeding the fire on such threads.
it's just a game...dammit!
WCE
MVP
MVP

Post by WCE »

VHF wrote:
WCE wrote: I think when posting over there you have to avoid the threads dedicated to Bert, because you aren't going to change anyone's mind, especially not those who espouse the extreme viewpoints.
Unlike you last night :lol: ;).

Interestingly, there seems to be more Canuck fans on that site lately... some of them feeding the fire on such threads.
Ha, well consider that a refresher course. ;)

Tough life when you get sucked in by trolls, but there are lessons to be learned.
"We Will Rise Again"

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I really thought hard about digging up my password or re-registering my handle on that board , but I'd have more luck getting my two year old to recite the Gettysburg Adress than talking any sense to that group of infants. Between Reggie Dunlop, Kermitology and Bingo there might be enough brain cells there to arm the average ape, but I seriously doubt it. Far and away that is the biggest group of idiots I hav ever come across on any message board in any sport. :lol:
WCE
MVP
MVP

Post by WCE »

I have never had any problems Kermitology or Bingo. Both have been pretty reasonable I would say.

Reggie is a blight on that board, and drags it down. It's posts like his that give calpuck a bad name in some circles.
"We Will Rise Again"