Which Board has the best posters?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Which board has the best fans?

Poll ended at Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:38 pm

Calgary Puck
17%
Oil Fans
No votes
Lets go Kings
No votes
Go Habs
No votes
The Feeder (San Jose)
No votes
Penelty Box (Toronto)
No votes
Avalanche Zone
No votes
Lets go Wings
50%
Wild on Ice
17%
Lets go Pens
17%

Total votes: 6

cerios
CC Veteran

Which Board has the best posters?

Post by cerios »

I have been doing something I don't normally do, visit other sites, I don't post because I am not trying to antagonize anyone but I have noticed that there is a very different spirit on each board. I was kind of wondering which board people think has the best posters?

I define Best as a combination of knowledgeable, fair, and classy... Although you may define it differently..

Since it won't let me enter all of the poll options I want (rat bastards) I will restrict it to sites I have visited...
Brian CC
Site Admin

Post by Brian CC »

I may be bias, but I would say this site does. ;)

Where the hell is the option???? 8-)
WCE
MVP
MVP

Post by WCE »

I love this board, it maintains a quality that other canuck's boards lack. Insults and flaming are kept to a minimum (of course it happens, but it for the most part occurs in the midst of a good debate), and there is very little in the way of homeristic trade proposals which are my pet peeve.

As for other boards, I enjoy posting at Calgarypuck. There are some really bright fellars over there, and many are willing to have a good discussion. There is also an air of youth and anti-vancouver sentiment over there that sometimes impedes good discussion (involving Vancouver), but for the most part the long-timers on that board do a great job.

The flames are the team I despise the most in the league, but I figure if you can have a rational discussion with your worst foe, than you are probably on the right track.

One thing I notice on other boards is the status of Jovanoski. I have never seen a player go from being so over-rated to so under-rated. The guy is capable of 30 minutes a game, and puts up great numbers. The canucks wouldn't be playing him that much if he was hurting them more than helping the, as is the popular opinion of many other fans. He turns the puck over, but for the most part his defensive positiong and posture are good (though not great). As well, he brings up the tempo of his game in the playoffs.
"We Will Rise Again"

- Fan's sign from the final game of the 05/06 season
cerios
CC Veteran

Post by cerios »

I may be bias, but I would say this site does.

Where the hell is the option????
This goes without saying, theres a reason this is the only board I post on. Everyones to polite to call me a retard here!
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I've been to Let's Go Kings (LGK) a few times, and the site is hard to naviagate and is really busy. Because of that, I find that to find a decent post it takes a while. Far too much homerism and overall, I would give it a C-.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Brian CC
Site Admin

Post by Brian CC »

Oilfans has some decent fans as well. I find all sites, including this one to be homeristic at times. That's human nature...you defend what you love.

Site's that can continue good discussion despite that, are the ones that rate highly in my book. Mckeen's Hockey is another great site to discuss puck.

Don't limit yourself to message boards either. Tom and Gero's blogs offer great topics and debate as well.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Brian CC wrote:Tom and Gero's blogs offer great topics and debate as well.
That's also something what makes CC very special and unique. :thumbs:

I'm hooking up with WCE's post and sometimes i also read calgarypuck because they also have a very good tribe if you read over the teen anti-Canucks watchwords. :lol:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Broda
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Broda »

I personally think this board has the best input.. plus sure there are homers but still your are going to find them everywhere... i think this board is great.. now if i only had time to post more... im here everyday though... its my internet start up page...
Brian you have done a great job here so far. Keep it up
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

other than ESPN (since Ive known some posters from there for years) this is the only site I post on. I cant give an honest opinion on their posters.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Broda wrote:... plus sure there are homers but still your are going to find them everywhere..
And it's not me. :mrgreen:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 »

I believe the source of myself, The Cunning Linguist, Sk8er, VHF and smAlien should be there: Offthepost.net (where you're all welcome). 8-)
VHF
CC Rookie

Post by VHF »

WCE wrote: As for other boards, I enjoy posting at Calgarypuck. There are some really bright fellars over there, and many are willing to have a good discussion. There is also an air of youth and anti-vancouver sentiment over there that sometimes impedes good discussion (involving Vancouver), but for the most part the long-timers on that board do a great job.
The flames are the team I despise the most in the league, but I figure if you can have a rational discussion with your worst foe, than you are probably on the right track.
I post at Calgarypuck on occasion as well, and there are a few good, objective regular posters there. Unfortunately, they are so out-numbered by immature, overly homeristic, tunnel-visioned Flames fans that I find it difficult to have a proper discussion there without sucking up to them. I realize it's a fine balance when posting in enemy territory's board, but I usually find I'm just wasting my time trying to have a discussion if I want to really speak my mind. For every objective response I get from a good poster at CP, there are 15+ "attacks" back at me.
Jyrki21 wrote:I believe the source of myself, The Cunning Linguist, Sk8er, VHF and smAlien should be there: Offthepost.net (where you're all welcome). 8-)
I couldn't agree with you more. It is probably the most civilized and fun general hockey board with a broad scope of intelligent posters from around the world (but still mostly NA). They have some great, knowledgeable and entertaining posters there.

I voted for Let's Go Wings... they have very knowledgeable posters who really love hockey. Of course they too, like any really busy site, have their share of crappy posters.
it's just a game...dammit!
WCE
MVP
MVP

Post by WCE »

VHF wrote:
WCE wrote: As for other boards, I enjoy posting at Calgarypuck. There are some really bright fellars over there, and many are willing to have a good discussion. There is also an air of youth and anti-vancouver sentiment over there that sometimes impedes good discussion (involving Vancouver), but for the most part the long-timers on that board do a great job.
I post at Calgarypuck on occasion as well, and there are a few good, objective regular posters there. Unfortunately, they are so out-numbered by immature, overly homeristic, tunnel-visioned Flames fans that I find it difficult to have a proper discussion there without sucking up to them. I realize it's a fine balance when posting in enemy territory's board, but I usually find I'm just wasting my time trying to have a discussion if I want to really speak my mind. For every objective response I get from a good poster at CP, there are 15+ "attacks" back at me.
Hey man, I can see where you are coming from. There is defiantley a visible barrier there against Vancouver fans. Not all posters are like that, but as I said, it is visible. However, I try really hard to not let childish bravado and homerism ruin the experience of interconnecting with fans.

I ignore the posters who aren't worth talking too, and you are right, there are many on that board. However, it's a very large community there, so even with the large amount of poor posts (in the eyes of a canuck's fan) there are enough good guys/girls over there to make a trip worthwhile.

At least that has been my experience thus far.

They're our team's most bitter rival, so I am not sure that the dynamic will ever change.
"We Will Rise Again"

- Fan's sign from the final game of the 05/06 season
Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 »

What is up with Flame hate against us? Our team done exactly two things that ever made them look bad in their history: knocking them out of the playoffs in 1994, and winning a fight-filled game 11-0 in 1992.

Other than that, they've had the long end of the stick every time, whether it's Joel Otto kicking the puck in, or last year's playoffs... :?
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

mattola wrote:other than ESPN (since Ive known some posters from there for years) this is the only site I post on. I cant give an honest opinion on their posters.
Speaking of which, what do you think about the state of that message board Mattola? I took a break from posting for a long time, but what I have noticed since checking these sites again is that ESPN has really died. Not sure if it's just me. Always good to read a post from an old-time member but it seems those have become few and far between.