World Championship 2024 in Czechia

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Per
MVP
MVP

World Championship 2024 in Czechia

Post by Per »

The whole Team Canada section is gone, so I'll start this thread here instead.

The championships will be held between May 10th and 26th with games in Prague and Ostrava.

Group A:
Canada
Finland
Czechia
Switzerland
Norway
Denmark
Austria
Great Britain

Group B:
Sweden
USA
Slovakia
Germany
Latvia
Poland
Kazakhstan
France

Yeah, at least six nations hardly belong at this level, but it's a way to popularize the sport and spread the gospel in new markets.
Also, in the world championships these nations (in Swedish we refer to them as blueberry nations) have a better shot to challenge the better teams than in the Olympics, when all the best players are able to participate.

I think this year could be a good one though, as it seems there will be quite a few stars attending.

Rick Nash has been named GM and Kyle Dubas assistant GM for Team Canada.
Bedard has already expressed interest in going.

Sweden will have Erik Karlsson, Rasmus Dahlin and Joel Eriksson Ek. Among others.
Hopefully Lekkerimäki can sneak into the roster, but it will probably be mostly NHLers. We'll see.

Canada's first game is against Great Britain! :lol:
Sweden has a tougher start and faces the USA right away on opening night.

https://www.iihf.com/en/events/2024/wm
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Lancer
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: World Championship 2024 in Czechia

Post by Lancer »

My son was listing off the lineup of Team USA. Talk about a stacked team. They should be walking away with it unless their goaltending goes to shit.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Um we are missing the U-18 discussion here. Lots of good to talk about regarding Canadian kids. Bedards cousin McKenna (2026 prospect) is looking very good while punching weigh above his age, he looks like a beauty, he’s racking up the points. Iginla is racking up the goals plus 2025 Canadian kids Martone and Spence are rocking. Martone a huge skilled winger is expected to go top top 2 in his draft class got a hattrick today as well as Spence is racking up the points in the tournament, he’s expected to go top 5 in 2025.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Gavin Mckenna is turning heads at the U-18tourney. He may bd better than Bedard.

https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/news/holy- ... ampionship
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau