Rebooted Around the League - 23/24

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Rebooted Around the League - 23/24

Post by Hockey Widow »

I think the West is set for the 1st round with the Dallas OT win. Our game has some meaning in that we could secure home ice advantage over the Jets in case we end up meeting them at some point. But I'd be tempted to put both Juulsen and Friedman in. I'd also put Aman and PDG in. I'd start DeSmith. But that is just me. We will see what the team wants to do.

I dont for one second believe Demko needs the game to be ready for the playoffs.
The only HW the Canucks need
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Hockey Widow wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:06 pm I think the West is set for the 1st round with the Dallas OT win. Our game has some meaning in that we could secure home ice advantage over the Jets in case we end up meeting them at some point. But I'd be tempted to put both Juulsen and Friedman in. I'd also put Aman and PDG in. I'd start DeSmith. But that is just me. We will see what the team wants to do.

I dont for one second believe Demko needs the game to be ready for the playoffs.
If you are resting regular skaters then you give DeSmith the game. I completely agree.....after last night Demko doesn't need the game to ready his head. The flip side to this is that if you sit some of the top dogs and play Demko, and the Jets roll out their full roster and our AHL squad gets lit up, then you run the risk of Demko having a bad game (though not his fault) between his ears immediately before the puck drops for round 1. Better to let him start the post-season on the back of a 39/40 save performance.
Lancer
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Lancer »

I don't think Tochet is in the 'rest'em ahead of the playoffs' school of coaching - at least not this year. Besides, I don't think they play until Sunday so that is a decent amount of rest before Game 1. The only reason I would see him resting some skaters - I can imagine the likes of Cole or Myers getting the Press Box in that case - is either they have older legs or he doesn't want to risk injury to key players. Winnipeg has its heavy hitters, and they won't be in a mood to lay off either.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

Lancer wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:24 am I don't think Tochet is in the 'rest'em ahead of the playoffs' school of coaching - at least not this year. Besides, I don't think they play until Sunday so that is a decent amount of rest before Game 1. The only reason I would see him resting some skaters - I can imagine the likes of Cole or Myers getting the Press Box in that case - is either they have older legs or he doesn't want to risk injury to key players. Winnipeg has its heavy hitters, and they won't be in a mood to lay off either.
I think Tockey's main intertest is going to be getting in games for players who aren't in the starting 18 skaters Friedman, Aman, and PDG (if they are healthy) to get them games. Keeping depth ready is important. Demko will play if he wants; no way he's getting held out if he tells the coach he wants to get another game in. As for who gets held out to make room for the extras, I think this only has to do with "rest" if a guy is dinged up -- and even then, I'm not sure its better to have that player sit (as opposed to controlling minutes), because you are giving Nashville a lot of information with who you sit.
Hono_rary Canadian
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I think Salt Lake is getting a loaded young team with a shitload of cap space and more good prospects on the way. Has the league addressed a possible realignment? Josh Doan is going to be a good player. Called that a few years ago. Six 20 goal scorers and Dylan Guenther with 18 in 45 games. Good, young, mobile defense and Ingram looks to be a competent goalie.

Dallas looks like a fucking wagon. Deep D and adding Tanev was brilliant. Had they called up Stankhoven earlier they probably have nine 20 goal scorers. Heiskanen is a top 5 D man. They are big, mean enough and have a great goalie. The West will be a war.

The Pigman hit the bar 20 times this year. Say want you want but he is in his own class when it comes to lighting the lamp. He may challenge Ovi one day.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Lancer wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:51 am
Strangelove wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:53 pm First round matchup: Leaves vs Bruins :D
One of the few exceptions where I will park my hatred of all things Bruins, just to cheer for them to stomp on the Leaves. :twisted:
But, I am still cheering for Marchand to lose a few chicklets.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:46 am The Pigman hit the bar 20 times this year. Say want you want but he is in his own class when it comes to lighting the lamp. He may challenge Ovi one day.
Difference is if you start hitting the Pigman he fades away whilst Ovie does the opposite.

Ovie is a beast... Pigman; not.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Off the bar and in, off the bar and out

Butt some folks know far more about bars than I do.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mëds wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:55 pm Well, Matthews finishes the season with 69.

Toronto finishes by being blown out by Tampa.

Gotta think big changes coming when they exit stage left in the first round again.

Though not sure what they’ll do… all 4 of their big ticket forwards have full NTCs.….and Tree really screwed them over because he gave Nylander a NMC for the last year of his current deal as part of the extension signed this January. And he has scored at just under 1.0ppg since signing the contract that was rewarding him for early production of around 1.25 ppg.

As an aside, somewhere in Abbotsford there is a Doktor with a world record shit eating grin on his face tonight. :lol:
Jawohl !
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/stat ... 6140894431

https://twitter.com/leahmerrall/status/ ... 0335856801

When the Yotes left Gila River Arena they left behind Shane Doan’s retired number banner.

Eventually Gila River Arena called the Yotes to come and pick it up.

The Yotes never responded, so GRA tossed it in a dumpster.

An arena employee pulled it out of the dumpster and took it home.

Today, years later, he gave it to Shane Doan.

That's garbage!
____
Try to focus on someday.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

What's Shane Doan going to do with it now? Surely he won't give it back to the organization!

Hang it in his living room? Or in his window like a Confederate flag lol?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

5thhorseman wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:22 pm What's Shane Doan going to do with it now? Surely he won't give it back to the organization!

Hang it in his living room? Or in his window like a Confederate flag lol?
It's his couch blanket. He chills out baked watching cartoons under it
If you need air...call it in
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Get Bettman to autograph it then send it to the HHOF.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Picker of Cherries
CC Rookie

Post by Picker of Cherries »

Vegas gets caved by the Ducks and Kings were winning 3-1 and just needed a point to play the Oilers instead of Stars. But now they’re losing 4-3 with a few minutes left. Shocking if both the playoff bound teams lose out.
“Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the war room.”
- President Merkin Muffley
Picker of Cherries
CC Rookie

Post by Picker of Cherries »

Chicago took an over the glass penalty and LA pulled their goalie to tie it 4-4 inside two minutes. With that point they get the Oilers. Vegas chokes and gets Dallas…nice final game of the regular season.
“Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the war room.”
- President Merkin Muffley