Ryan Kesler

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

How many Goals will Kesler Score?

0-15
74%
15-20
23%
20+
3%

Total votes: 31

mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Ryan Kesler

Post by mattola »

With so much talk about our new High Profile Player Matt Cooke. I thought a change of pace in order. Anyone want to talk about Ryan Kesler?

1. What will he do?
2. What role will he have?
3. How many Goals will he score?

1. I think hell perform well but will be underused unless we get some injuries.
2. I think he will be in the checker role with being utlized on the odd PP and during some non key faceoffs.
3. Im thinking no more than 15 if he gets some decent minutes which he probably wont so Im more realistic at 8-10
the Cunning Linguist
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Cunning Linguist »

Given that it's likely that there will be a lot more PP opps, I don't think 15-20 goals are out of the question...
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

the Cunning Linguist wrote:Given that it's likely that there will be a lot more PP opps, I don't think 15-20 goals are out of the question...
wouldnt that be nice from a 3/4th line player. would be a solid start. Im excited to see him play most of everyone on our squad that doesnt play on the WCE :)
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

I am really looking forward to seeing him play this year ... Vancouver needs to find a real gem in one of their drafts ... not sure how reasonable that is with him but my fingers are crossed.

Grizz
Heavy_P
AHL Prospect

Post by Heavy_P »

I think anywhere around the 13-15 mark is reasonable. He's a more defensively responsable player, so I think that will be his role.
"No, if your jaw were broken, you would'nt be able to talk...and my life would be much easier." - Oracle
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

He will be playing on the 4th line, or perhaps the third line (in a checking role)

I will be amazed if he gets more than 10, and anything more than that would be a bonus.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 »

the Cunning Linguist wrote:Given that it's likely that there will be a lot more PP opps, I don't think 15-20 goals are out of the question...
I do, because I don't think Crawford will ever play him in any offensive situations. I've found Crawford to have some Quinn-like tendencies with regards to getting young guys in the fold.
westvandal
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by westvandal »

Kesler on the 4th line = 75 9 14 23
3rd line = 77 13 18 31

In all likelyhood it will be combination of both...so somewhere in between the two projections.

hehe........I know they're just projections, at least I don't charge 10 bucks for mine :roll: *cough*.
E1-E4 = I made it up.
E5 = Found it on tsn.
Kickassguy
AHL Prospect

Post by Kickassguy »

I think he'll be centering the 3rd line before long. I'll say around 14 goals.