Mick's thread full of links (21/22) CLICK AT YOUR OWN PERIL

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Mick's thread full of links (21/22) CLICK AT YOUR OWN PERIL

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:32 pm
Vin Tanner wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:28 am Take it to the Gomer pig pen.
Posts moved... Blob, when you're right, you're right.

Micky please don't clutter up the Around the League thread with minor stories.
Sometimes Gomer needs a swat on the snout with a rolled up newspaper. Sometimes we need to wrap the newspaper around a small piece of pipe and hit him in the beak. He’s not too sharp but maybe one day he will grow out of it….. or end up in a home. :look:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Another loss. Something just doesn't look right!

"evolution"
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Micky wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:16 pm Another loss. Something just doesn't look right!

Mr Aquilni should consider rotating alumni as assistant coaches until he finds a winning formula.

Let's see what Keke Mortson and Sheldon Kannegiesser can do...
el rey del mambo
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

https://twitter.com/NHLBlackhawks/statu ... 1%3Fs%3D21
The Chicago Blackhawks have relieved Jeremy Colliton, Tomas Mitell and Sheldon Brookbank of their coaching duties and have named Derek King Interim Head Coach, effective immediately. Anders Sorensen will serve as Interim Head Coach of the Rockford IceHogs beginning tonight.

Marc Crawford, Jimmy Waite, Matt Meacham and Dylan Crawford will remain on the Blackhawks coaching staff in their current positions. Additionally, Chris Kunitz will remain in his role as Player Development Advisor with the Blackhawks.
There's more...
"evolution"
Lancer
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Micky wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:23 pm https://twitter.com/NHLBlackhawks/statu ... 1%3Fs%3D21
The Chicago Blackhawks have relieved Jeremy Colliton, Tomas Mitell and Sheldon Brookbank of their coaching duties and have named Derek King Interim Head Coach, effective immediately. Anders Sorensen will serve as Interim Head Coach of the Rockford IceHogs beginning tonight.

Marc Crawford, Jimmy Waite, Matt Meacham and Dylan Crawford will remain on the Blackhawks coaching staff in their current positions. Additionally, Chris Kunitz will remain in his role as Player Development Advisor with the Blackhawks.
There's more...
Marc Crawford is still employed???

Guy has more lives than a cat.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Lancer wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:18 pm Marc Crawford is still employed???

https://www.saltwire.com/halifax/sports ... st-383853/
Former Canuck Harold Druken posted on Facebook Tuesday that he was pleased his former coach was being investigated by the Chicago Blackhawks over his past behaviour.

“I wouldn’t let Marc Crawford coach my dog!!

He spoke later on Newfoundland TV , calling Crawford “hands down the worst human being I’ve ever met.”

He said the coach would kick and hit him and would also verbally berate him in front of team management.

“He was absolutely ridiculous.”

Sopel said he had been kicked and choked by Crawford, that the coach would grab the back of his jersey while he was sitting on the bench and would pull him back.
Yeah, apparently after that investigation in late 2019, Crow simply issued a public apology... and that was that. :eh:
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:35 pm

Former Canuck Harold Druken posted on Facebook Tuesday that he was pleased his former coach was being investigated by the Chicago Blackhawks over his past behaviour.

He spoke later on Newfoundland TV , calling Crawford “hands down the worst human being I’ve ever met.”

He said the coach would kick and hit him and would also verbally berate him in front of team management.

Sopel said he had been kicked and choked by Crawford, that the coach would grab the back of his jersey while he was sitting on the bench and would pull him back.
Yeah, apparently after that investigation in late 2019, Crow simply issued a public apology... and that was that. :eh:
Maybe JB can threaten the players that Crow is coming back if they don’t play better. Not the choking and other shit but this team that could use a coach that might kick their ass a little. Not physically but mentally.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

2Fingers wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:50 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:35 pm

Maybe JB can threaten the players that Crow is coming back if they don’t play better. Not the choking and other shit but this team that could use a coach that might kick their ass a little. Not physically but mentally.
:lol: I dunno Fingers, you cleaned it up but it still doesn't feel 100% politically correct.

Maybe threaten them with a noted hardass coach who doesn't have a history of assault on his players?

LMAO.
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Doc I am just a frustrated fan, this team should have more wins than loses and blame TG. I have been on record that I wanted him gone last season but he came back and now signed for 2 years.

I just don’t blame the coach but there is something really wrong on the team and it is up to the coach to figure it out. The biggest thing to me is his inability to adjust the PP, bottom 5 last year and same so far this season. Supposedly has some say on the players so got what he wants and now can’t get them to gel as a team. Last year we blamed it on the bubble and little to no preseason, this year on the turnover. When do we blame the coach?

After this it then falls onto the players so JB may need to get on the phone and swap a player for an equal player on another team. Probably too soon yet to do that but to save this season changes may be required.

I’m getting too old to write off another season.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Yeah I think we're all ready for a coaching change Fingers, but l don't want the devil to be the new guy. :wink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Has Manny Malhotra had enough practice in Hog Town? Would he contribute something pacing the Canuck's bench as an assistant?
Oh, never mind. I guess they have contracts too.
Seriously though; At this point, the players are missing a message, or are they making one of their own?
"evolution"