Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

dangler
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by dangler »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:30 am Edler and Hambone are injured so who are the subs? If both cant go tonight itll most likely be Benn in for Hambone but does Greeny throw Wrathbone in there on the left side or back to Juolevi? Fuckin 'ell!
Any details on their injuries yet?
The way Hamonic played last night he won't be any great loss.
But we need the eagle
Lowered expectations
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Post by The Brown Wizard »

Meds wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:47 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:30 am Edler and Hambone are injured so who are the subs? If both cant go tonight itll most likely be Benn in for Hambone but does Greeny throw Wrathbone in there on the left side or back to Juolevi? Fuckin 'ell!
Benning should have put a claim in for Honka. I think he's a step up skill-wise from our other D on the Taxi Squad. Might be nice to have him for the second PP unit too.
Fuck Honka! The Wrath of Bone is upon us
Ah fuck this place cracks me up
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:56 am
Benning should have put a claim in for Honka. I think he's a step up skill-wise from our other D on the Taxi Squad. Might be nice to have him for the second PP unit too.
Sounds like a Lesbian convention topic.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

:lol:

Theyre still pissed that all their appliances are shaped like male genitalia
Tciso
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tciso »

Topper wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:04 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:56 am
Sounds like a Lesbian convention topic.
Maybe we can convince the league to let him wear the flying "V" jersey every night. It will be an inside joke for fans.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

dangler wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:49 am
Any details on their injuries yet?
The way Hamonic played last night he won't be any great loss.
But we need the eagle
Seems pretty mysterious but "The Province " is saying upper body. The thought is Benn would take that spot. If Hamonic cannot play either, they do have options but there sure isn't much NHL experience there. Province article .Apparently, if they wanted Jack Rathbone, Eriksson would have to be put back on the taxi squad.
"evolution"
Tciso
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tciso »

Micky wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:15 am Apparently, if they wanted Jack Rathbone, Eriksson would have to be put back on the taxi squad.
That seems like a win-win. At this point, Loui isn't much more useful than one of the seat warmers they use at the awards shows when the stars have to take a piss.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

I just hope Elmer stands down and resists making a move if they tumble down the standings. I’m fear him trading away the 2021 1st or Podkolzin to save his own skin.
We wan out of da time- James Elmer Benning
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:47 pm I just hope Elmer stands down and resists making a move if they tumble down the standings. I’m fear him trading away the 2021 1st or Podkolzin to save his own skin.
Ya thats a worry. Hes been making progressively smarter decisions as hes gone along so there's hope hes figured it all out.

If this defensive mess goes much longer then he'll have to make a coaching change. At this stage its becoming a reality
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

If they’re going to hire a coach, hire a fucking good one. Spend some money- get a guy like Gerard Gallant.
We wan out of da time- James Elmer Benning
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:25 pm If they’re going to hire a coach, hire a fucking good one. Spend some money- get a guy like Gerard Gallant.
Hell yeah get Gallant before Seattle hires him.
Cory Micalef, a fellow P.E.I. resident who played junior hockey with Gallant in Sherbrooke, Que., and in the NHL with the Detroit Red Wings, says Seattle or any NHL team would be lucky to have Gallant.

"He wins everywhere he goes," Micalef said. "He brings people together, the players play for him."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/prince-e ... -1.5852043
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
Megaterio Llamas
CC Legend

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Аrpon Basu
@ArponBasu

Claude Julien says Joel Armia has been diagnosed with a concussion.

https://twitter.com/ArponBasu/status/13 ... 56225?s=20
el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
CC Legend

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Don't know how I overlooked this.

It's Mr Aquilini's opening night address to the fans;

el rey del mambo
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:29 am
Аrpon Basu
@ArponBasu

Claude Julien says Joel Armia has been diagnosed with a concussion.

https://twitter.com/ArponBasu/status/13 ... 56225?s=20
That doesn't mean it was a dirty hit. People can get concussions from falling off the john. Claude is just going by the test protocol they have in the dressing rooms. I guess he flunked it so he has one. :look:
"evolution"
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

SKYO wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:18 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:25 pm If they’re going to hire a coach, hire a fucking good one. Spend some money- get a guy like Gerard Gallant.
Hell yeah get Gallant before Seattle hires him.
Cory Micalef, a fellow P.E.I. resident who played junior hockey with Gallant in Sherbrooke, Que., and in the NHL with the Detroit Red Wings, says Seattle or any NHL team would be lucky to have Gallant.

"He wins everywhere he goes," Micalef said. "He brings people together, the players play for him."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/prince-e ... -1.5852043
No harm in Jim having an unpublicized discussion about fishing and stuff on the old telephone. As long as Aqua is invested in improving even under shitty financial conditions, why not? Travis is OK and people are liking the younger coach thing but his best players---Pettersson, Hughes, Boeser, Horvat and Miller were going to be great with any coach. Not sure Travis is getting his message through to a number of the others.
Gallant is a good coach with a track record including player improvement.
"evolution"