Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by Strangelove »

Cherry Picker wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:50 pm Doc’s argument was about virus size. The video explains why this belief of his is faulty. He has the strainer concept in his head. His other statement was masks don’t work.
No, my argument was that facemasks help somewhere between one and ten percent.

http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 67#p404567

Cherry Picker wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:50 pm Unless he’s recently become obtuse, the video explains why at least N95s work.
N95s are not classified as facemasks, they're classified as respirators.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N95_respirator

We were talking about facemasks, not respirators.

So yeah, you're attempting to move goalposts, create strawmen, etc...

Cherry Picker wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:50 pm The virus is attracted to and stick to any cloth material, though not at N95 levels. We can argue that percentage.
According to your beloved CDC (use that Wiki link) all facemasks lower than N95 protect at as little as one percent levels.

(obvious as they rate KN95 at as little as one-percent levels)

Cherry Picker wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:50 pm But it is some percentage above zero. Doc’s already stated the percentage of mask effectiveness is non-zero, so there is no reason not to wear one.
Again, I estimated between one and ten percent....

How many folks out there are using fresh N95s?

(expensive, they “are intended to be disposed of after each use to retain efficacy”)

(cleansing of N95s “destroys their filtering ability”)

("global shortage of N95s")

N95 is classified as a “respirator” not a facemask.

To be legit N95 they "must have headbands instead of ear loops".

“Mask fits are super important”

(must be fully sealed no beard and no gaps whatsoever)

So how many people are using effective N95 respirators? Are you?

The ones labeled "KN95"… “filter out as little as one percent of particulates.”

Facemasks “filter out as little as one percent of particulates.”

I win, you lose, now please run along and don't whine about it...

*The parts in quotation are taken from your video and my Wiki link.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cherry Picker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Cherry Picker »

Thanks for your estimate of 1 to 10 percent. That is not nothing. Other’s estimates are higher.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... 0a8mxZfpCw

“reduced secondary transmission within the households by 79%”
“ greater than 70% reduced risk of acquiring infection”

But regardless of the percentage or stated need for further study. The CDC concludes “Experimental and epidemiological data support community masking to reduce the spread of SARS-CoV-2.”

If some masks are a little as 1% effective and others are as much as 90% protective. They are all better than 0% effective. The scientists at the CDC support Doctor Henry’s order that masks should be worn to protect all citizens. They know more than you. Your guesses have little authority and your complains are selfish and juvenile.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Cherry Picker wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:51 pm Thanks for your estimate of 1 to 10 percent. That is not nothing.

If some masks are a little as 1% effective and others are as much as 90% protective. They are all better than 0% effective.
UMMMM... who said "nothing" or "0%" ??

Great job murdering those imaginary folks in this debate bro! :lol:

CDC is merely reporting on some very small studies done around the globe in that article.

One of the two you chose was on 124 households in Beijing, the other 1000 individuals in Thailand.

Neither study mentions the quality of the masks, but we know Beijing widely uses N95-level quality.

(btw do we trust Beijing studies now?) :wow:

Also, the studies were made exclusively on pre-symptom spreading.

I note the Conclusion doesn’t lend any credence whatsoever to those Asian percentages

… they merely Conclude that masking is much more effective if imposed on the entire community.

(to which I say: DUH)

Cherry Picker wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:51 pm The scientists at the CDC support Doctor Henry’s order that masks should be worn to protect all citizens. They know more than you.
Maybe they agree with me on the "up to 10%" part and figure that's better than your old pal Nothing.

Maybe they disagree with me on the ramifications of 'a sense of false security' and issues related to increased depression.

Cherry Picker wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:51 pm Your guesses have little authority and your complains are selfish and juvenile.
Well I referred to your fave the CDC twice now

... "as little as one percent protection"

... and "cloth masks do not protect you from smoke particles".

(which are twice the size of exhaled breath droplets containing COVID)

Yes the CDC contradicts itself at times on a large complex issue like this, understandable.

As for "selfish and juvenile"... keep up the strawman building and goalpost moving you punk you! :thumbs:

But if the Great Strangelove were childish I daresay he may have compared himself in this debate to Trinity in this clip by now:

____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british- ... -1.5830309
O Canada singer addresses firing by Vancouver Canucks at anti-mask rally

Mark Donnelly sang anthem at event called the Christmas Freedom Rally in Vancouver on Saturday

Donnelly told the crowd that he decided to sing because he questions the "draconian lockdown protocols."

"What was originally sold as 15-day hunkering down sprint for the common good has turned into a 10-month marathon from hell, where the finish line is constantly being moved further into the distance," he said.

He said he doesn't think health officials have done a cost-benefit analysis looking at the harms of the restrictions compared with preventing the spread of COVID-19.

"As someone known for singing our great national anthem, I'm standing up against what I feel is tyranny, plain and simple," he said to applause and cheers from the crowd.

Donnelly said his firing is censorship by an institution that he's followed for 50 years and been publicly associated with since 2001.

"Sports figures, entertainers, politicians, et cetera, can stand for anything as long as it supports the narrative. You can support rioting, looting, destruction of livelihoods and reputation, but take a position against the narrative and you are worthy of exile or worse."

Donnelly said he hasn't had direct contact with Aquilini or the Canucks and if he is no longer with the team, a phone call would have been a more respectful way to find out his reasons for taking part in the rally.

He had hoped the ownership and management of the Canucks would have had the "courage to support the freedom to express [a] science-based position that is for the greater good of the country," he said.
As I said, fuck you Frances...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Mask or not. Donnelly is a shitty and lazy singer. Glad he’s gone.

Let’s take the political bullshit elsewhere shall we. There’s an eyesore of a thread begging for it.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
griz
CC Veteran

Post by griz »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:46 pm https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british- ... -1.5830309

Mark Donnelly sang anthem at event called the Christmas Freedom Rally in Vancouver on Saturday

Donnelly told the crowd that he decided to sing because he questions the "draconian lockdown protocols."

"What was originally sold as 15-day hunkering down sprint for the common good has turned into a 10-month marathon from hell, where the finish line is constantly being moved further into the distance," he said.

He said he doesn't think health officials have done a cost-benefit analysis looking at the harms of the restrictions compared with preventing the spread of COVID-19.

"As someone known for singing our great national anthem, I'm standing up against what I feel is tyranny, plain and simple," he said to applause and cheers from the crowd.

Donnelly said his firing is censorship by an institution that he's followed for 50 years and been publicly associated with since 2001.

"Sports figures, entertainers, politicians, et cetera, can stand for anything as long as it supports the narrative. You can support rioting, looting, destruction of livelihoods and reputation, but take a position against the narrative and you are worthy of exile or worse."

Donnelly said he hasn't had direct contact with Aquilini or the Canucks and if he is no longer with the team, a phone call would have been a more respectful way to find out his reasons for taking part in the rally.

He had hoped the ownership and management of the Canucks would have had the "courage to support the freedom to express [a] science-based position that is for the greater good of the country," he said.
Donnelly is a hero.

Aquilini represents the very corporations liberals claim to despise.

Anyone who has not woken up to this Orwellian or Huxley attempt by now is likely not going to. Cognitive dissonance and Stockholm syndrome running rampant. Covid-1984.

I hope Mr Donnelly will sing at freedom rallies across Canada.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:46 pm https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british- ... -1.5830309

Amen to that.

Go fuck yourself Fresco
el rey del mambo
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Fuck Mark Donnelly as a singer, catholic, and his motherfuckin' crew!
And if you wanna be down with Donnelly, then fuck you too!
-2Pac

-But I digress.....

HEY! - Linus Karlsson and 16 points in his last 11 games.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Last edited by Megaterio Llamas on Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
el rey del mambo
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

CanucksCorner Mods

Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cherry Picker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Cherry Picker »

Sorry, had to report Mr. Strangelove to the medical board for doing harm.
Even with his numbers 1% fewer deaths in the states = 2800 saved lives.
10% fewer deaths in the states = 28000 lives. And that’s with his weakass 1% to 10% range.
They took away his doctor’s license, and should no longer be referred to as Doc.
Sorry Mr. Strangelove. Had to do it.

Anti-maskers don’t get to do exactly what they want at all times it’s fucking tyranny, regardless of public health. Horgan right up there with Attila the Hun. Poor muffins have to wear a mask - oh the humanity.

On the news tonight when they reported this story they showed the exact opposite of what Donnelly reported. The minister said it would be a marathon not a sprint. Donnelly was blowing smoke up yer ass.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

griz wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:19 pm Anyone who has not woken up to this Orwellian or Huxley attempt by now is likely not going to. Cognitive dissonance and Stockholm syndrome running rampant. Covid-1984.
Welcome back Griz - we missed ya!
Cherry Picker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Cherry Picker »

Seems a tad hyperbolic to compare pandemic responses in BC to dystopian novels, but whatever, his life could be a lot worse than mine. I might be suffering from Stockholm syndrome, but it has nothing to do with putting on a mask in public, and a lot to do with following the Canucks.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Cherry Picker wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:31 pm Sorry, had to report Mr. Strangelove to the medical board for doing harm.
:lol:
I wonder...if you filed a complaint against one Dr Strangelove with the CPSBC, how would they respond

I bet they would suggest you learn to stop worrying and love the bomb
If you need air...call it in
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I detest the larger issue of personal time actions affecting employer decisions.

Slavery meets 1984
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.