2020 NHL OFFSEASON

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Re: 2020 NHL OFFSEASON

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Fingers, you’re on to something. Your wingman - Doyle, not so much regarding Olli 6-3” 200 lbs Juolevi not to be confused with Noah 6’-4” 183 lbs Dobson
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:17 pm Fingers, you’re on to something. Your wingman - Doyle, not so much regarding Olli 6-3” 200 lbs Juolevi not to be confused with Noah 6’-4” 183 lbs Dobson
Juolevi is nowhere near the player Dobson is.
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
Megaterio Llamas
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Exposing Myers and his big contract is something I hadn't considered. That's a tantalizing idea, I wonder if Seattle would bite?
el rey del mambo
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Post by The Brown Wizard »

What about his modified NMC? Doesn't this mean he needs to be protected?
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:16 pm What about his modified NMC? Doesn't this mean he needs to be protected?
It expires after this next season, same with Ferland I think. I’d see how the year plays out before I left him unprotected. It is food for thought though.
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:51 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:17 pm Fingers, you’re on to something. Your wingman - Doyle, not so much regarding Olli 6-3” 200 lbs Juolevi not to be confused with Noah 6’-4” 183 lbs Dobson
The book isn’t written
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:39 pm Exposing Myers and his big contract is something I hadn't considered. That's a tantalizing idea, I wonder if Seattle would bite?
They could prefer to snag a younger goalie out a team like Columbus, Winnipeg, Colorado, or a different expensive proven vet goalie like Fleury, Varlamov, in which case the Canucks' next best player to draft will definitely be a d-man.

Seattle has to draft a certain amount of salary as well (I think they have to be at the floor by the end of the draft or something?) so wouldn't shy away from Myers' cap hit, i don't think.
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:24 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:51 pm
The book isn’t written
Which book? The one that says Dobson is a far superior, younger prospect who has a shit ton more value. Yeah that book is definitely written.
Megaterio Llamas
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

ESQ wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:58 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:39 pm Exposing Myers and his big contract is something I hadn't considered. That's a tantalizing idea, I wonder if Seattle would bite?
They could prefer to snag a younger goalie out a team like Columbus, Winnipeg, Colorado, or a different expensive proven vet goalie like Fleury, Varlamov, in which case the Canucks' next best player to draft will definitely be a d-man.

Seattle has to draft a certain amount of salary as well (I think they have to be at the floor by the end of the draft or something?) so wouldn't shy away from Myers' cap hit, i don't think.
The big guy could be an attractive floor piece :)
el rey del mambo
Tciso
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tciso »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:16 pm What about his modified NMC? Doesn't this mean he needs to be protected?
We don't have to protect NTC players, just NMC. So, for the Canucks, the only one is Edler, but his contract expires. So, unless JB goes and signs a few NMC contracts, we are not forced to protect anyone.

However, if CC wants to expose a few of our posters to be drafted by the Kraken's fan club, I would relish the idea of coming up with our protected list. hehehehe
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

Man I'd love to free up cap to sign Vatanen, fellow Fin, the wily 8yr vet would be a good partner for Olli, two strong puck rushers who can play the puck while having IQ smarts, especially as a 3rd pairing that can move up into the top 4 if needed.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Hey...what are the chances that Sven Bearchtshi comes in and wins that 2nd line wing job by default? Could he rekindle the chemistry he once had with a young Bo Horvat?

He would be in his last contract year so theres that, ya never know. Once upon a time he was a quick not fast guy with decent hands. It would sure be a massive help for Benning and Co.
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:24 pm Hey...what are the chances that Sven Bearchtshi comes in and wins that 2nd line wing job by default? Could he rekindle the chemistry he once had with a young Bo Horvat?

He would be in his last contract year so theres that, ya never know. Once upon a time he was a quick not fast guy with decent hands. It would sure be a massive help for Benning and Co.
I can see him outplaying rookies Hoglander and Lind, just due to experience and desperation to back in the NHL.

The more likely spot though is Bart on the 3rd with Gaudette and Motte, I see Motte earning a 3rd line spot with his untapped scoring potential, kinda like a less psychotic Matt Cooke.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:24 pm Hey...what are the chances that Sven Bearchtshi comes in
3%

Unless he blows everyone away, Baertschi looks done in Vancouver. He was even behind Loui on the team’s depth chart. Not showing up for the bubble was him putting in his own final nail on the Canucks. I think they’d go with depth prospects Gadjovich, Michaelis, or Jasek before he gets another chance.
We are all Jim Benning.
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Cherry Picker wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:54 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:24 pm Hey...what are the chances that Sven Bearchtshi comes in
3%

Unless he blows everyone away, Baertschi looks done in Vancouver. He was even behind Loui on the team’s depth chart. Not showing up for the bubble was him putting in his own final nail on the Canucks. I think they’d go with depth prospects Gadjovich, Michaelis, or Jasek before he gets another chance.
Oh ya. Of course...forgot that juicy little nugget.

Its going to be a decidedly different look next season, especially if they leave those 2 bottom pair d and the top 6 winger slots open for internal competition.