2023 Draft Class

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: 2023 Draft Class

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:52 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:46 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:39 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:27 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:20 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:18 pm I wonder which pick Blake will miss on next
Blake should hire Benning as his director of amateur scouting. I’m serious.
Jimbro lives in Oregon somewhere. I can see the Kraken bringing him aboard
Maybe he can entertain fans crushing hotdogs between periods
C’mon Doyle why are you so anti-Benning?
It enraged him that Jimmy can talk all slow like yet pull off these amazing genius-like trades and picks. It confounds the poor guy!
He’s 2 for 10 in trades and made two horrific top 6 picks. Real fucking wizard. :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

:lol:

His moves were so brilliant that people didn't even realize how genius they were

Like Nikola Tesla ...his greatness wasn't recognized til he was long gone
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:52 pm It enraged him that Jimmy can talk all slow like yet pull off these amazing genius-like trades and picks. It confounds the poor guy!
Yeah, Jimmy is a hustler....
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:05 pm :lol:

His moves were so brilliant that people didn't even realize how genius they were

Like Nikola Tesla ...his greatness wasn't recognized til he was long gone
I’m just happy he’s long gone. Others…. Not so much.

He was a boil on the ass of the franchise for long enough.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:38 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:23 am 19 goals 20 assists in Bedards last 16 games.
Was in the city that Rhymes with Fun, and watching Bedard is a treat. If he plays anywhere near you, Make the trip to watch him. It’s worth it.
Hoping they open up the dub next season and we see him in Kelowna!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Bedard is going to kill it. Just hope he gets a bit taller. Otherwise the sky’s limit. At worst this is a Brad Marchand level player.

I thought Wright was going to be a great player, but this kid blows him away.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:42 pm Bedard is going to kill it. Just hope he gets a bit taller. Otherwise the sky’s limit. At worst this is a Brad Marchand level player.

Bigger ceiling than Marchand, Doyle. He’s somewhere between Patrick Kane and Sidney Crosby.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:42 pm Bedard is going to kill it. Just hope he gets a bit taller. Otherwise the sky’s limit. At worst this is a Brad Marchand level player.

Wrights still a good player, Doyle. He started slow but is getting back to where he was. Apparently he’s getting extra attention from opposing teams this year. I’m still picking him 1st overall
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Watch out for Ontario kid - Fantilli. Super talent, probably goes 3rd overall after Bedard and Michkov. The top 10 of 2023 is insane , mostly dominated by Canadians
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:48 pm

Bigger ceiling than Marchand, Doyle. He’s somewhere between Patrick Kane and Sidney Crosby.
I meant his floor is Marchand-?if he didn’t really pan out.

I see a lot of Sid in his game. Built like a tank too.

He will end up in Arizona in time to take the league by storm when the Pigmsn signs there.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Would you trade Quinton and Elias for the right to pick this kid in 2023?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

An observation… Dallas is killing at the draft the last decade. They got three franchise pieces in one draft. And a good middle six forward. 2017 was kind to them. Roope Hintz…? Like wtf? and their first picks from 2021 are ripping apart the OHL and WHL.

It will be interesting to track the new administration’s picks.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:56 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:48 pm

I meant his floor is Marchand-?if he didn’t really pan out.

I see a lot of Sid in his game. Built like a tank too.

He will end up in Arizona in time to take the league by storm when the Pigmsn signs there.
I see a combination of Crosby and Kane in Bedard

You know full well Arizona is tanking and loading up on picks and prospects to line up with pigmans arrival. Toronto needs to make a decision fast with Matthews. He may get the surprise Gretzky LA trade sooner than we think.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:05 pm Would you trade Quinton and Elias for the right to pick this kid in 2023?
The Michkov KHL angle is interesting. The kid is a supreme talent as well but may drop due to the Russian angle with the likes of Fantilli, Ritchie, Yager, Benson, Dvorsky all sitting there at 2nd pick
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Good points … but Dallas might have 3 of the best 20 picks in that draft. They violated the draft The one people said sucked. They rebooted or rebuilt their team that day.