Sidney to repeat history in Pittsburgh? The answer is NO!

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Will Sidney Crosby score on this first shift in his first game like Mario did so many years ago?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:51 pm

Yes
12%
No
88%

Total votes: 26

Jack
AHL Prospect

Post by Jack »

question : who did mario score on the first shot? No, i'm not going to search for it, someone must know off the head.

no matter who that goalie might be, it's a bit extreme for Sid to score on, one of, if not THE best goaltender of all time, on the first shot of his first game in the first minute.

Unless this new CBA brings the offense of the game back to the lvl of the 80s, Wayne and Mario's records probably won't be broken until someone decides to create copies of them.

However, IF somehow that happens.... imagine the pressure on Sidney, it'll exponentially increase by huge amount. people will start asking will sidney score 50 in 28 games? (If he played against a Q goalie, maybe)

But it would be damn cool if he did though, it'll get replayed more times then the Bertuzzi incident around the world, (this time, paided by Gary Bettman) :mrgreen:
Mozy
MVP
MVP

Post by Mozy »

brodeur would have to seriously screw up early in the game to allow sid the kid that opportunity, as i said before its not going to happen, the fact that its against the Devils just makes the chances of him scoring on his first shot in his first shift ven les likely to happen
Did you see the pool? They flipped the bitch
Heavy_P
AHL Prospect

Post by Heavy_P »

Scored on Pete Peeters, after stealing the puck from Ray Bourque.
"No, if your jaw were broken, you would'nt be able to talk...and my life would be much easier." - Oracle
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

feritflame wrote:brodeur would have to seriously screw up early in the game to allow sid the kid that opportunity, as i said before its not going to happen, the fact that its against the Devils just makes the chances of him scoring on his first shot in his first shift ven les likely to happen
Well all he needed to do was get under the puck a little more and he would have repeated mario's achievement. Or had a goaltender that isn't as patient as brodeur on that type of move. A strong move off the boards from Crosby. And he hits the scoresheet later on in the game. A decent game for an 18 year old.

I expect that similar to many young players playing in a mans league for the first time that he'll struggle the first half of the year but then things will click and he'll have a strong second half. This kid is determined, crafty, smart, and most importantly either has NHL strength or very very close to it.
VHF
CC Rookie

Post by VHF »

There is way too much Crosby hype everywhere. The kid will probably become a great player. I think it will be more interesting to watch Ovechkin this year as far as impact goes.
it's just a game...dammit!
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

VHF wrote:There is way too much Crosby hype everywhere. The kid will probably become a great player. I think it will be more interesting to watch Ovechkin this year as far as impact goes.
Well keep in mind that ovechkin has been playing against men since he was 16/17 and is now 20 years old. Amazing talent in the both of them but Ovechkin should be a couple of years ahead in development and all things being equal should be the better impact player. That said the support cast Crosby has is going to be nothing but great for him.
Jack
AHL Prospect

Post by Jack »

Ovech will ask for a trade once he realize the Caps are attempting to get a #1 overall pick for next year.

That said, the next few years will be intresting, as Kovalchuk, Ovech and Malkin will make the Russian team, Heatly, Nash, Corsby, will be in the Canadian team,

wow, lots and lots of talent :shock:
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

so the answer was NO :)
Mozy
MVP
MVP

Post by Mozy »

no surprise there...im surprised that he even got the one point that he got, i guess he was lucky that the one goal scored in teh game happened to be one he assisted
Did you see the pool? They flipped the bitch