Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:16 pm I’d rather have OEL than John Tavares
Tavares has 5 years left, OEL has 7. Tavares is a ppg guy. Thing is, you are such a massive troll, if this doesn’t work out, you’ll say you never wanted him anyways. If he signs, we will have to listen that it was a wicked signing for the next seven years. You are up and down like a whore’s pants with Elmer’s dink in your mouth . Make a fucking stand on those razor thin chicken strings.
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Tavares is a year older than OEL and signed a 7 year contract with the Leaves when he was 28. Tavares cap hit is $2.75 million more than OEL’s cap hit. Tavares is a failed playoff performer. I’m sorry but I will take the stud D-man for $2.75 million less cap hit
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:51 pm Tavares is a year older than OEL and signed a 7 year contract with the Leaves when he was 28. Tavares cap hit is $2.75 million more than OEL’s cap hit. Tavares is a failed playoff performer. I’m sorry but I will take the stud D-man for $2.75 million less cap hit
He’s a few months older and they were taken in the same draft. Tavares has two years fewer on his contract. Tavares cost the Leaves nothing but money. Seriously do you believe the nonsense you spew?
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Post by The Brown Wizard »

Tavares crys himself to sleep into his laughs pillow every night. Tavares loves Tavares.

Tavares sucks
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:03 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:51 pm Tavares is a year older than OEL and signed a 7 year contract with the Leaves when he was 28. Tavares cap hit is $2.75 million more than OEL’s cap hit. Tavares is a failed playoff performer. I’m sorry but I will take the stud D-man for $2.75 million less cap hit
He’s a few months older and they were taken in the same draft. Tavares has two years fewer on his contract. Tavares cost the Leaves nothing but money. Seriously do you believe the nonsense you spew?
Tavares is 10 months older than OEL and signed a 7 year contract with Toronto when he was 28. OEL is 29 and 7 years left on his contract at a cap almost $3 million less than Tavares

So you’d rather have 30 year old Tavares (born September 1990) at $11 million per over 29 year old OEL (born July 1991) at $8.25 million per?
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:05 pm Tavares crys himself to sleep into his laughs pillow every night. Tavares loves Tavares.

Tavares sucks
He’s extremely overrated. OEL is exactly what the canucks are missing.
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Post by The Brown Wizard »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:10 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:05 pm Tavares crys himself to sleep into his laughs pillow every night. Tavares loves Tavares.

Tavares sucks
There are maybe 5 or 6 dmen league wide that are potentially available for acquisition right now that possess this level of skill and talent. This one wants to don the stinky whale.

Sounds like a pretty good situation to me
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:09 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:03 pm
Tavares is 10 months older than OEL and signed a 7 year contract with Toronto when he was 28. OEL is 29 and 7 years left on his contract at a cap almost $3 million less than Tavares

So you’d rather have 30 year old Tavares (born September 1990) at $11 million per over 29 year old OEL (born July 1991) at $8.25 million per?
Five years left vs seven years Mr Dumb Dumb. One guy is still producing, while one is not. Do you need someone to tie your bib?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:14 pm One guy is still producing, while one is not.
So now he's washed up? :lol:

What are you drinking tonight Hargraves?
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Strangelove wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:16 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:14 pm One guy is still producing, while one is not.

I now said he was washed up? Seriously do you ever get tired of making shit up?
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:13 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:10 pm

Tavares sucks
There are maybe 5 or 6 dmen league wide that are potentially available for acquisition right now that possess this level of skill and talent. This one wants to don the stinky whale.

Sounds like a pretty good situation to me
Everyone witnessed with their own eyes against the Knights in the playoffs that our defence requires the most work. OEL would put this team over that hump and into the conversation of “cup contender! OEL is a no brainer. He’s the answer. Miller sewed up the forward portion of the lineup. OEL will be the Miller of defence

No brainer

Again I’m not even thinking twice on who I’d rather have between OEL and Tavares and I believe BW, you and I are on the same page. I cannot say the same for our good friend Blobbee McDoylez
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:40 pm Some people can’t handle a rebuild.. especially the last year of it. They push their chips all in a year or 2 early for a couple shots at the playoffs, instead of patiently building a 8-10 year contender.

As much as I want a cup, I would rather contend for 8-10 years like Boston, Chicago, Tampa, Pittsburg, etc.. rather than peak for a year or 2 and settle in to another 5 year rebuild.
Pens and Chicago - the 3x champs in the modern cap era, won their first championship while their franchise stars were on their ELC's.

2009 ELC: Malkin, Letang. Crosby 1st year on 2nd contract.

2010 ELC: Kane, Toews.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:19 pm
Strangelove wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:16 pm

I now said he was washed up? Seriously do you ever get tired of making shit up?
Okay, Mr. Hargraves, tell us what you meant by the guy is "not producing".

Soon Hargraves will be saying OEL is worse than Hitler lol...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Lol Dude obviously picked up a flap at the Bear. This shit is hilarious. SKYO comparing a cap structure to selling dream catchers at the reserve and Doc doing a doc ... Hargraves is out. :lol:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:26 pm Hargraves is out.
Out cold. :mrgreen:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!