Canucks 2019-2020 line-up

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Post Reply
User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 15345
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Canucks 2019-2020 line-up

Post by Hockey Widow » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:12 am

Question? If Ericksson gets his bonus July 1st and then retires, do we still have a cap hit on him this season? If yes, how much?
The only HW the Canucks need

Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1517
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:48 am

Re: Canucks 2019-2020 line-up

Post by Diehard1 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:25 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:12 am
Question? If Ericksson gets his bonus July 1st and then retires, do we still have a cap hit on him this season? If yes, how much?
No, if he retires his whole cap hit is gone. It's only if a player signs his deal over age 35 that you keep the cap hit.

Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1517
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:48 am

Re: Canucks 2019-2020 line-up

Post by Diehard1 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:29 pm

Another report, this one from Irfaan Gaffar of Sportsnet, that he thinks Myers will definitely sign here at 7 years, $7 million per. That's another Loui Eriksson contract and if it happens will be awful as soon as it's signed.

My hope is that it's a 6 year term max, and it's closer to $6 million a season. I could stomach that, but making Myers one of the top 15 highest paid dmen in the league is not smart management if the $7 million deal comes to fruition.

BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1546
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: Lower left-hand corner

Re: Canucks 2019-2020 line-up

Post by BladesofSteel » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:35 pm

Don't believe the hype

User avatar
Reefer2
MVP
MVP
Posts: 5039
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Re: Canucks 2019-2020 line-up

Post by Reefer2 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:00 pm

Diehard1 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:29 pm
Another report, this one from Irfaan Gaffar of Sportsnet, that he thinks Myers will definitely sign here at 7 years, $7 million per. That's another Loui Eriksson contract and if it happens will be awful as soon as it's signed.

My hope is that it's a 6 year term max, and it's closer to $6 million a season. I could stomach that, but making Myers one of the top 15 highest paid dmen in the league is not smart management if the $7 million deal comes to fruition.
I am believing this and now coming to terms with it.

User avatar
Micky
MVP
MVP
Posts: 10337
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Canucks 2019-2020 line-up

Post by Micky » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:06 pm

Ya; 7 for 7? this boy will be off the wagon. That's a disaster.. In fact, I would call that one of the most desperate signings
in all-time Canuck history.
There's been some crazies but gees.
I freakin hate this time of year.
To me, Myers is worth 5.5 for 6 for six years with all the protection he wants. That's a contract.
But NO, not at FA time. :twisted:
"evolution"

User avatar
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP
Posts: 3421
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:54 am
Location: Saskatoon, Sk.

Re: Canucks 2019-2020 line-up

Post by Madcombinepilot » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:34 pm

I get real entertainment value how some people hear a rumor, take it as fact, expand upon it to truly wallow in self created negativity and bullshit and THEN blame a GM for a bad thing that never happens.

happens to ALL GM's in EVERY league in EVERY sport...




ah, good times, good times....
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.

User avatar
Micky
MVP
MVP
Posts: 10337
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Canucks 2019-2020 line-up

Post by Micky » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:40 pm

Madcombinepilot wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:34 pm
I get real entertainment value how some people hear a rumor, take it as fact, expand upon it to truly wallow in self created negativity and bullshit and THEN blame a GM for a bad thing that never happens.

happens to ALL GM's in EVERY league in EVERY sport...




ah, good times, good times....
You'd think they'd get paid better for all the abuse... :lol:
"evolution"

User avatar
Jovocop
CC Legend
Posts: 3779
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: Canucks 2019-2020 line-up

Post by Jovocop » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:47 pm

JB might not get what he wants anyway. That is why we should not worry too much until July 1.
@DhaliwalSports

Source - Hearing the rumoured Tyler Myers deal with #Canucks is far from done and Myers has more teams than Vancouver out there to meet with. One meeting doesn’t mean deal is done, It’s a process.

User avatar
Micky
MVP
MVP
Posts: 10337
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Canucks 2019-2020 line-up

Post by Micky » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:53 pm

Ricks getting famous. I mean more famous.
Loving every minute of it I bet.
"evolution"

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 22802
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Canucks 2019-2020 line-up

Post by Strangelove » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:00 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:43 am
But Myers is tall. He’ll be the new Zdeno Chara for some folks on this here message board
Funny, I don't see anyone fawning over Myers, how many fingers am I holding up?
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 22802
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Canucks 2019-2020 line-up

Post by Strangelove » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:02 pm

Diehard1 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:53 am
Strangelove wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:38 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:30 pm
Look what it cost the Leaves to get rid of Marleau who had one year left and is a better player.
Yeahno, Marleau is completely done.

Loui is a still a decent 3rd-liner/PK-guy on some teams.

Also any team that traded for Marleau had to buy him out.

Also, Dubas.
Different situations - the Leaves have a top young player they need to sign and zero cap space. The Nucks have the cap space to bury Loui if needed. They aren't in a bind like the Leaves were - at least they won't be until the new contracts for Quinn and Petey come up in 2 years.
Thank you for pointing out yet another reason why Blob is wrong in his comparison of dumping Loui to dumping Marleau.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 22802
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Canucks 2019-2020 line-up

Post by Strangelove » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:04 pm

Madcombinepilot wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:34 pm
I get real entertainment value how some people hear a rumor, take it as fact, expand upon it to truly wallow in self created negativity and bullshit and THEN blame a GM for a bad thing that never happens.
It's worse than that, Blob just shit Reefer's pants (again).
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 17015
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks 2019-2020 line-up

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:20 pm

Madcombinepilot wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:34 pm
I get real entertainment value how some people hear a rumor, take it as fact, expand upon it to truly wallow in self created negativity and bullshit and THEN blame a GM for a bad thing that never happens.

happens to ALL GM's in EVERY league in EVERY sport...




ah, good times, good times....
Nobody’s blamed anyone. Some of us have seen the track record and automatically assume the worst. :lol:
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 17015
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks 2019-2020 line-up

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:25 pm

Diehard1 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:53 am
Strangelove wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:38 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:30 pm
Look what it cost the Leaves to get rid of Marleau who had one year left and is a better player.
Yeahno, Marleau is completely done.

Loui is a still a decent 3rd-liner/PK-guy on some teams.

Also any team that traded for Marleau had to buy him out.

Also, Dubas.
Different situations - the Leaves have a top young player they need to sign and zero cap space. The Nucks have the cap space to bury Loui if needed. They aren't in a bind like the Leaves were - at least they won't be until the new contracts for Quinn and Petey come up in 2 years.
Yes they are different situations. Marleau is only signed for one more year, while the Air Thief is signed for three. Sure he is only owed 9 million over three years but he still is owed 18 on the cap. No GM is likely to piss away 6 million of cap annually on a player to throw three hits and play some of the most uninspiring hockey anyone has ever seen. Not without a significant sweetener. That lazy prick is poison to young players and any team that takes him on would appear to have little interest in winning anytime soon. These clowns that think he can be traded for an asset on his own are out to lunch.
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

Post Reply