Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Micky
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020 and Shakespeare

Post by Micky »

RoyalDude wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:25 am For 2017-18 season they sent him to Finland to play hockey with men under the tutelage of Sami Salo for maturity development but Blob screams “bust!”
He didn't want to go back to Junior so through the help of his agent and the Canucks, they made an arrangement with a Finland
team where Salo happened to be.
I remember saying at the time, "good, he'll learn more there and at the same time, put a little scratch in his pocket.
It doesn't matter, carry on. ;)
Last edited by Micky on Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

micky107 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:59 am
RoyalDude wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:25 am For 2017-18 season they sent him to Finland to play hockey with men under the tutelage of Sami Salo for maturity development but Blob screams “bust!”
He didn't want to go to the minors so through the help of his agent and the Canucks, they made an arrangement with a Finland
team where Salo happened to be.
I remember saying at the time, "good, he'll learn more there and at the same time, put a little scratch in his pocket.
It doesn't matter, carry on. ;)
Nobody wanted to send him back to London. His last season there he was disinterested - hence “lack of maturity” which has always been hus issue which seemingly seems to be the same complaints with Laine and Puljujarvi
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Post by The Brown Wizard »

I heard tckatchuk carried juolevi in his draft year...

:P
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

RoyalDude wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:46 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:39 am I have never once said bust... but nice straw man

So is the medial staff incompetent?

In 2017/18 he went to Finland AFTER CAMP.
“Medial staff incompetent”?

What the fuck are you talking about?

“Went to Finland after camp”

Yes I know Blob. His maturity was way behind the curve and wasn’t ready for the NHL and because of that they didn’t want to send him back to play with teenagers”

If 6th overall pick Cody Glass doesn’t make the Knights starting line up this fall after 3 camps by your logic “done’!” “bust!”

If Ollie had not missed last season due to knee surgery he would have been a call up when you consider Brisebios was called up. But keep on twisting it to fit your Narrative Bubble Tea
Show me where I said he’s done or he’s a bust.

One of your crew said he didn’t have three healthy training camps. If that’s the case why did he fully participate in all three camps and play exhibition games all three years? Instead of being a troll and twisting the debate on its ear, how bout answer the fucking question?

Again are the medical staff incompetent for letting an injured player participate?

Do you think he wasn’t healthy for all three camps?

RE Glass. Vegas was/is a top 5 team in the league. Vancouver was a bottom 5 team in the league. One team is tougher to make than the other. I’ll let you figure out which one.
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:18 am

RE Glass. Vegas was/is a top 5 team in the league. Vancouver was a bottom 5 team in the league. One team is tougher to make than the other. I’ll let you figure out which one.
Sure, and playing defence in the NHL as a teenager is even easier on teams that are not in the top 5 where they can be sheltered

Blob hates Benning
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob did you honestly expect a young 18 year old Juolevi to make the NHL straight out of the draft? Just stop it

Regarding 2018-19 camp he had zero off season training but was healthy enough to tend camp. HD was always going to Utica to get caught up physically. Just stop it

2017-18. Again, not ready just like 6th overall pick Cody Glass not being ready after his 2nd camp. Just stop it
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Lmao never change. The ostrich stick his head in the sand once again. Bravo! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:18 am
RoyalDude wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:46 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:39 am I have never once said bust... but nice straw man

So is the medial staff incompetent?

In 2017/18 he went to Finland AFTER CAMP.
“Medial staff incompetent”?

What the fuck are you talking about?

“Went to Finland after camp”

Yes I know Blob. His maturity was way behind the curve and wasn’t ready for the NHL and because of that they didn’t want to send him back to play with teenagers”

If 6th overall pick Cody Glass doesn’t make the Knights starting line up this fall after 3 camps by your logic “done’!” “bust!”

If Ollie had not missed last season due to knee surgery he would have been a call up when you consider Brisebios was called up. But keep on twisting it to fit your Narrative Bubble Tea
Show me where I said he’s done or he’s a bust.

One of your crew said he didn’t have three healthy training camps. If that’s the case why did he fully participate in all three camps and play exhibition games all three years? Instead of being a troll and twisting the debate on its ear, how bout answer the fucking question?

Again are the medical staff incompetent for letting an injured player participate?

Do you think he wasn’t healthy for all three camps?

You think he was 100% healthy after having that back surgery? You can be cleared to play and not be 100% recovered. Also that knee thing was something that had been ongoing for awhile. Last camp he was at he definitely was not 100%. Most likely his lack of willingness to engage physically in the ahl was also part of his previous injury. This training camp should be different, from the sounds of it he’s damn close to 100%.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:53 am
You think he was 100% healthy after having that back surgery? You can be cleared to play and not be 100% recovered. Also that knee thing was something that had been ongoing for awhile. Last camp he was at he definitely was not 100%. Most likely his lack of willingness to engage physically in the ahl was also part of his previous injury. This training camp should be different, from the sounds of it he’s damn close to 100%.
Discectomy recovery is one year, Blob knows that, he's just having a tough time with all of Benning's good moves this off season and the impending NHL debut of Juolevi.
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

So the medical staff IS incompetent.

I rest my case.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:11 am So the medical staff IS incompetent.

I rest my case.
Lol sorry blob, I guess I really hit a nerve. :lol:

Edler was back on the ice in, what, 4 months? And not nearing 100% for a year. That's standard for discectomies as well, and again you obviously know that, but talk about your straw man - can't deal with being wrong, so goes after the medical staff?!
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Where have I been proven wrong in this thread?

Hit a nerve? Yeah no... sorry Sparky :lol:

BTW my previous response was more directed to Dick. I get all you puppets mixed up sometimes
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Post by The Brown Wizard »

So what if Razor Thin Olaf underwhelms again at camp?

What then? Does Blob stand on the roof yelling "atoadatoe"? Will everyone admit hes right?

My opinion on the kid is and has been that i dont see much if anything that tells me the guy will hold a regular spot on an NHL defense. Possible 6 or 7 slot guy?

His draft day projection was Ollie Maata who i think is unsigned right now...thats pretty concerning
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

.If it's reality check time, IMO, Juolevi, even with an excellent camp and coinciding preseason, will not make
the opening night roster, barring a trade, (ie Tanev), or two, ?
He will still have to put his time in with Utica. At least 2 or 3 really strong and consistent months before he is even considered for a call up
due to injury..
50/50 chance he becomes an NHL regular. That's where I'm at right now.
Not very decisive? Ya, I know...
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Has Blob lost the plot regarding Juolevi?

Displaced Aggression - when getting angry at the player drafted by the Canucks because the player he wanted (The Turtle) wasn’t drafted by the Canucks. See Madden vs Wise. See Hague vs Lind. See Ritchie vs Virtanen. See Woo vs Wilde. See Glass vs Pettersson. See Hughes vs Dobson. See Boeser vs Konecny
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.