Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 17015
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:43 pm

A top 9 is where it’s at. I was just responding to him playing in the ‘top six’. There’s no reason he can’t get 15 + minutes a night on a 3rd line and anchor the 2nd PP unit and/or fill in on the top unit in case of injury or someone struggling. He’s improved quite a bit but he still struggles in his own end and in the dot.

There’s a lot there to like about the kid though.
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 16476
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Chef Boi RD » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:15 pm

Genius 5th round pick

Benning = greatest Canuck GM ever!
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 11098
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by SKYO » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:47 pm

Doyle Hargraves wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:47 pm
dangler wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:37 pm
Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:42 pm
UWSaint wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:06 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:33 pm
Adam Gaudette has arrived. He was s beast last night, especially on Roussel and Fatburgers goal
But my hope is that he hasn't arrived; that there is more to come. He's decent on the forecheck and in the neutral zone; ideally he will tighten up/smarten up the d-zone game and get as comfortable on wing as at center so that he can slide around the lineup.
Yeah, gotta be happy with the development and play of the Hockey Gaud. I hope he can get stronger, better on faceoffs and become a reliable 2-way guy with more experience. He's already showing a pretty good offensive skillset. I'm hoping he'll be more of a Kesler than a Sutter and push BoHo for minutes on the 2nd line C spot. Man, if Gaud and Petey can continue to get better adding them to BoHo, Sutter and Beags, we might have the best starting centres on a team in the league. :P
Strength's not an isssue
if he can improve on his faceoffs he could easily be top 6
If he wants to play on one of the top two lines here it will be on the wing.
pffft you know how hard it is to convert from center to wing?
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 16476
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Chef Boi RD » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:19 am

Are the Canucks becoming Team America?

Boeser
Gaudette
Miller
Schaller
Motte
Hughes
Demko

On the way

Madden
Rathbone
Lockwood

Dual citizen

Myers
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP
Posts: 9502
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by The Brown Wizard » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:45 am

Chef Boi RD wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:19 am
Are the Canucks becoming Team America?

Boeser
Gaudette
Miller
Schaller
Motte
Hughes
Demko

On the way

Madden
Rathbone
Lockwood

Dual citizen

Myers
Our amateur scouting in college must be better than the CHL
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 16476
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Chef Boi RD » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:59 am

The Brown Wizard wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:45 am
Chef Boi RD wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:19 am
Are the Canucks becoming Team America?

Boeser
Gaudette
Miller
Schaller
Motte
Hughes
Demko

On the way

Madden
Rathbone
Lockwood

Dual citizen

Myers
Our amateur scouting in college must be better than the CHL
There’s been a tectonic shift on where to mine for gold in a mountain of prospects. And it’s quite obvious that Benning and team beat everyone to the punch
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 17015
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:10 am

SKYO wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:47 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:47 pm
dangler wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:37 pm
Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:42 pm
UWSaint wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:06 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:33 pm
Adam Gaudette has arrived. He was s beast last night, especially on Roussel and Fatburgers goal
But my hope is that he hasn't arrived; that there is more to come. He's decent on the forecheck and in the neutral zone; ideally he will tighten up/smarten up the d-zone game and get as comfortable on wing as at center so that he can slide around the lineup.
Yeah, gotta be happy with the development and play of the Hockey Gaud. I hope he can get stronger, better on faceoffs and become a reliable 2-way guy with more experience. He's already showing a pretty good offensive skillset. I'm hoping he'll be more of a Kesler than a Sutter and push BoHo for minutes on the 2nd line C spot. Man, if Gaud and Petey can continue to get better adding them to BoHo, Sutter and Beags, we might have the best starting centres on a team in the league. :P
Strength's not an isssue
if he can improve on his faceoffs he could easily be top 6
If he wants to play on one of the top two lines here it will be on the wing.
pffft you know how hard it is to convert from center to wing?
Lol it won’t happen overnight but that’s the position he’d need to play unless they plan to move Horvat to left wing.
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Micky
MVP
MVP
Posts: 10337
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Micky » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:11 pm

.
Goldobin most likely to start next game,.......................................in Utica.

bye-bye.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Brendan Batchelor

Lines at #Canucks Friday practice:

Pearson-Horvat-Leivo
Miller-Pettersson-Boeser
Roussel-Gaudette/SutterVirtanen
Schaller-Beagle-Ferland/MacEwen
Eriksson

Hughes-Myers
Benn-Tanev
Fantenberg-Stecher
Chatfield
"evolution"

User avatar
Micky
MVP
MVP
Posts: 10337
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Micky » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:41 pm

.
We are getting healthier. Soon everyone is back. Moves will have to occur. Motte not that far away either.
When that happens, I would like to see;

Eriksson be sent down this time. Goldobin is already gone. They will most likely send Zack back.
Jake would never clear waivers and now Adam would not either.
You could even send Tim Schaller down. He has 4 goals and no assists and a minus 9.
"evolution"

User avatar
Micky
MVP
MVP
Posts: 10337
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Micky » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:46 pm

Ferland going to be more cautious about getting into fights that aren't important.
Here's the quote; https://twitter.com/patersonjeff/status ... de%3Dfalse Make your assumptions.
"evolution"

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP
Posts: 9502
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by The Brown Wizard » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:17 pm

micky107 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:46 pm
Ferland going to be more cautious about getting into fights that aren't important.
Here's the quote; https://twitter.com/patersonjeff/status ... de%3Dfalse Make your assumptions.
Hes a much better hitter/forechecker/agitator than scrapper anyway. His role should be to drive other teams nut and have them chase him around. The Canucks hated that guy and it worked beautifully in getting a better team off their game.

Keep McEwan to fight and demote air-ick-son for life
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 22802
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Strangelove » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:01 pm

:?:
micky107 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:41 pm
.
We are getting healthier. Soon everyone is back. Moves will have to occur. Motte not that far away either.
When that happens, I would like to see;

Eriksson be sent down this time. Goldobin is already gone. They will most likely send Zack back.
Jake would never clear waivers and now Adam would not either.
You could even send Tim Schaller down. He has 4 goals and no assists and a minus 9.
If we send Eriksson and MacEwen down when everyone is healthy we will have 14 forwards = what we're running with.

(when Graovac comes off IR, he gets waived, clears of course)
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 17015
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:25 pm

I’d love to see Louis get sent down

Jesus Christ Mickey they aren’t going to try to send down Jake or Gaudette. Pull your head out of your ass and start fighting for some air.
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Micky
MVP
MVP
Posts: 10337
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Micky » Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:56 am

^^^^^^^^^ I know Doyle.

Saturday vs Sabres;
12:30 PM: Warm-up begins - the Flying V Jersey returns. The Canucks will be wearing their famous yellow flying V jerseys during warm-up for the first time since the 80s. The jerseys will be auctioned on VanBase.ca in support of the Canucks for Kids Fund.

1:02 PM The Canucks take the ice. The Black Skate jerseys and uniforms will be on display for the second game this season.

1:05 PM: 80s Pre-Game Ceremony. Prominent 80s Canucks alumni will participate in a special pre-game ceremony that you won't want to miss.
"evolution"

User avatar
Micky
MVP
MVP
Posts: 10337
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Micky » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:31 pm

.
The day before we rake the leaves;

Lines at #Canucks Monday practice:

Pearson-Horvat-Leivo
Miller-Pettersson-Boeser
Roussel-Gaudette-Virtanen
Sutter-Beagle-Ferland/Schaller
Eriksson

Hughes-Myers
Fantenberg-Tanev
Chatfield-Stecher

Benn did not practice today because he was not feeling well, said Coach Green.

Sutter is close to returning and could play tomorrow.
12:35 PM · Dec 9, 2019
"evolution"

Post Reply