Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Chef Boi RD »

What’s the over under with lazy bones Virtanen’s Krutov Covid hot dog weight heading into the re-opening of the season?

40 lbs over
30 lbs over
20 lbs over
10 lbs over
Even
No under

But more importantly how much weight has Doyle Burritos & Beers McKenzie gained in the same time frame?

10 lbs
20 lbs
30 lbs
40 lbs
60 lbs
90 lbs
Sky’s the limit
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Ill go Virt gained 10 but Blob gained 20
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:27 am Ill go Virt gained 10 but Blob gained 20
From yesterday ; I've seen porkier pictures so I'd say 10 under on Jake. However, the other you speak of, not so much ..keep in mind Jake's photo is new. The other is many moons ago. An age progression shot would be horrifying.......
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

So Doyle...what's the cul-de-sac up to these days? Are we at a toonie yet?
If you need air...call it in
JelloPuddingPop
MVP
MVP

Post by JelloPuddingPop »

Looks like the unofficial has been made official - heading over to HF Forums now to watch the meltdown live...

Judd Brackett not extended:

https://twitter.com/Canucks/status/1266421645897420800
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Micky wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:58 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:27 am Ill go Virt gained 10 but Blob gained 20
From yesterday ; I've seen porkier pictures so I'd say 10 under on Jake.
At least we know Jake is practicing and skating and not sitting around chomping down burgers all day. :P
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Brendan Batchelor:
Reading between the lines, GMJB seems to be saying that Judd Brackett wanted total autonomy over the draft.
Benning spoke about chain of command and not knowing of an organization where the Head of Amateur Scouting doesn't have to report to the GM or AGM.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

F*ck Brackett !! Get lost !! Hit the road !! Not a team guy !!

Wanted total autonomy, what a joke. End of the soap opera.

Great day for a party !!!! Image

This team's drafting nor scouting will be hurt by this ...
SKYO wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:42 am Brendan Batchelor:
Reading between the lines, GMJB seems to be saying that Judd Brackett wanted total autonomy over the draft.
Benning spoke about chain of command and not knowing of an organization where the Head of Amateur Scouting doesn't have to report to the GM or AGM.
They did offer him a 2 year extension to keep things the way they have been. He turned it down.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:51 pm
Strangelove wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 1:55 pm How would there be "far more access" if they are not allowed any physical access? :eh:
There hasn't been in person, face to face interviews for ages.
UMMMM. Exactly. :wow:

Micky wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:51 pm If you cannot see or understand there would be more access if they were in
town then I can't help you.
Well everything I've read, says the media will be denied access.

Micky wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:51 pm If you can't understand why the team and / or, individual players would be more accommodating to a wider spectrum
of media and reporters locally, etc.
What I'm suggesting is that the team/players will continue to be prohibited from in-person interviews.

Micky wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:51 pm Jim knows. He as much as said it.
Link? :lol:

(and if it's a video I want a time-mark of the exact moment he says it)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

"As A Mod", you should make better use of your time.
For the last time, I am not talking about in person interviews. Your adding false content as usual.
Twisting words for your own agenda which seems to be demeaning me, for whatever reason.
There would be more access to a wider group of reporters if they were here.
That is my opinion. You have a different one, give it a rest! But quit saying I am saying in person.

I'm thinking a select few only will get their interviews from the US.

Oh, and -- listen to see if it's there yourself :lol:
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:09 pm Oh, and -- listen to see if it's there yourself :lol:
That's not how it works Mick.

You claimed Benning said:

"the team and / or, individual players would be more accommodating to a wider spectrum of media and reporters locally, etc."

I called bullshit, so now you need to put up or shut up.

Micky wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:09 pm "As A Mod", you should make better use of your time.
Part of a Mod's job is to call out bullshit.

What kind of a site would we have if it was full of bullshit Mick?

Micky wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:09 pm For the last time, I am not talking about in person interviews. Your adding false content as usual.
Twisting words for your own agenda which seems to be demeaning me, for whatever reason.
I'm not twisting words, in fact I'm striving for facts and clarity... "as usual". :scowl:

"in-person" was the issue in our conversation FROM THE BEGINNING:
Micky wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 12:04 am
Strangelove wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 12:57 pm
Micky wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 12:22 pm
Iain MacIntyre@imacSportsnet
Early stages, but Canucks considering moving training camp to US to avoid 14-day quarantine for players returning to Canada.
11:02 AM · May 27, 2020
Bit of a blow to local media and the interviews they would be getting for the fans around here
but the rules are the rules / at this point in time.
No in-person interviews will be allowed, so what difference does it make as far as that goes?
It will make a big difference. If they were here, there would be far more access.

.....................................................................................................

Micky wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:09 pm There would be more access to a wider group of reporters if they were here.
That is my opinion.
Oh, NOW it's merely your opinion!

But you claimed GMJB said it... wow Mickster, just wow. :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

https://russianmachineneverbreaks.com/2 ... play-plan/
Transcript: Gary Bettman and Bill Daly talk details behind the NHL’s 24-team playoff, return-to-play plan

May 27, 2020 2:08 pm

Gary and Bill, once you return, have you decided anything according to the broadcast and the media side of the business, like will we be able to attend in one of the hub cities, or we won’t be as reporters able to get into those buildings to follow what’s going on?

GARY BETTMAN: From a TV standpoint, we will probably create an international feed for everyone who’s broadcasting out of there. And we’re going to have to make arrangements with broadcasters to determine whether or not they might want personnel in the building far away from the ice or whether or not they want to do it remotely, and we’ll work with that.

And with respect to all media, that’s something we’re going to have to work on and make arrangements — although whether it’s media or anyone else, non‑essential personnel, and I’m talking about players, trainers and coaches, beyond that — there aren’t going to be a lot of people on the event floor coming anywhere close to the players once we do this.

I understand that everybody has a job to do, but we’ve got to keep the players safe and healthy if we’re going to be able to see this through. And the more people that they can have contact with, the greater the risk becomes.
FFS we all know about how the players would have to be separated from their families if this thing proceeds.

(you yourself have commented on this Mick)

But you think somehow it would be cool for them to cozy up to reporters?

Think Mick, think!

You started this debate by stating unequivocally that "local media would have far more access" if Van were a hub city.

You were wrong. (smile)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Seems to me they can still do media scrums but remotely or over the phone. Just like the Premiers do everyday right.
The only HW the Canucks need
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Gomer will be chasing the players around and harassing them. Let it go buds :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 5:00 pm Gomer will be chasing the players around and harassing them. Let it go buds :lol:

COVID19 as portrayed by Sylvester Enzio Stallone.
____
Try to focus on someday.