Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Island Nucklehead »

With a $2.4M base salary next year, Baertschi could be attractive for some teams, particularly if the Canucks retain.
If Ferland's career is done, that frees up $3.5 in LTIR possibilities. I could see Stetcher being allowed to walk a la Hutton, with his money going to a small raise to keep Tanev.

Eriksson's deal is clearly the worst of the bunch cap-wise, but (as Doc likes to point out) he's only due $5M after July 1st. Someone like Ottawa/Carolina/Arizona may want his contract to inflate their cap. The ideal situation would be for him to ride off into the Swedish Sunset in August, with a handshake agreement that the Canucks won't chase him for his $3M signing bonus. He could probably make as much money ($5M over two years) playing in Europe.

The $10.3M dedicated to Roussell/Sutter/Beagle is pure dead weight. These guys can all be replaced internally. It'll be tough to move any of them without retaining/taking back an equally unattractive contract in return. This money should be going to guys like Virtanen and Gaudette, and we'll need it to keep Markstrom.

Next year is a huge opportunity to ice what could be the deepest roster this core will see. After that, it's Petey/Hughes extension time and at that point you're going to be in tough to retain players as they hit free agency.
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Post by The Brown Wizard »

Ok my weekend pity bender has come to a crashing fucking end finally. I never chug piss unless I'm watching the kind of implosion we got to enjoy this past 3 games.

Fuck around what happened to Demko? Seriously every goal was bad.

Can someone summarize wtf happened to daming-gay? Was he letting flubbers in too or was i too ripped already? It was blur of anger and tilted shit beer cans
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

Travis Green might want to rethink the theory of NOT using his most mobile defense man in the latter part of critical games because
he's young and in his first year.
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

What did Robert Duvall say with bombs blowing up all around him? “Charlie Don’t Surf!”? Reefer can you confirm this? Anyhow ole Chef here is standing tall on a stormy beach worrying about fuck all
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:37 pm What did Robert Duvall say with bombs blowing up all around him? “Charlie Don’t Surf!”? Reefer can you confirm this? Anyhow ole Chef here is standing tall on a stormy beach worrying about fuck all
Are you wearing stilts or heels? Cuz you are not a tall man my friend
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Post by The Brown Wizard »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:37 pm What did Robert Duvall say with bombs blowing up all around him? “Charlie Don’t Surf!”? Reefer can you confirm this? Anyhow ole Chef here is standing tall on a stormy beach worrying about fuck all
You arent concerned by any of this? You must've been fuckin hammered when the games began then
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Meds wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:10 am According to Doc all of those are solvable issues via trade.
Wouldn't you agree?

Meds wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:10 am All I’m saying is that Elmer can find a way out of this mess.
Ahhh good, you do agree. :mex:

All decent non-budget teams end up in a "cap crunch".

And they make the hard-choice moves necessary to alleviate dat dere.

Funny thing is some of the same people who complain about the "cap crunch"

... would be screaming bloody murder if we weren't spending right up to the cap.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:42 pm
You arent concerned by any of this? You must've been fuckin hammered when the games began then
You don't love the smell of napalm in the morning Wiz? :eh:

Canucks are just creating a little drama tis all, and drama is what sports are all about.

Relax, everything's gonna be just fine...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Strangelove wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:52 pm

Funny thing is some of the same people who complain about the "cap crunch"

... would be screaming bloody murder if we weren't spending right up to the cap.
People are fine with the Aquilinis spending money. They aren’t cheap owners regarding player personnel. I think some folks would like to see the cap managed a bit better.

There are reasons why they are looking at a cap crunch. And it’s not just because they spend right to the cap.
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Lol now apparently Travis won’t speak to Jeff Paterson. What a fucking knob. Questions too tough for him I guess. Fucking pussy.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:18 pm Lol now apparently Travis won’t speak to Jeff Paterson. What a fucking knob. Questions too tough for him I guess. Fucking pussy.
He’s just following Trump’s lead.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Per wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:27 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:18 pm Lol now apparently Travis won’t speak to Jeff Paterson. What a fucking knob. Questions too tough for him I guess. Fucking pussy.
He’s just following Trump’s lead.
:lol:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:10 pm I think some folks would like to see the cap managed a bit better.
Not a prob until 1.5 years from now.

So relax, haven't ya heard, "Necessity is the mother of invention".

Yuge that he has key players for the future on good deals:

Horvat, Boeser, Miller. Pearson.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Strangelove wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:06 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:10 pm I think some folks would like to see the cap managed a bit better.

The cap management needs to improve
Nobody is panicking... cool story though. But there will be some major movement this summer. Elmer has his work cut out for him if he’s still here
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:26 pm
Strangelove wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:06 pm

The cap management needs to improve
It needs to improve within the next 1.5 years.

And it will.

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:26 pm Nobody is panicking... cool story though.
Well you post about it constantly.

That makes it appear to be panic, but hey I'll take your word for it. :mex:

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:26 pm But there will be some major movement this summer.
Duh.

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:26 pm Elmer has his work cut out for him if he’s still here
:lol: Keep dreaming Blobster!
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!