Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Micky
MVP
MVP
Posts: 13223
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:27 am
Location: Richmond, B.C.

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Micky »

March 2nd 2015 Baertschi was traded to Van. His first interview, (before he even arrived), he threw the Flames org. under the bus
for mismanaging him and not giving him a fair shake.
"evolution"

User avatar
Micky
MVP
MVP
Posts: 13223
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:27 am
Location: Richmond, B.C.

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Micky »

Some of us wanted to see three scoring lines. Is this what coach Green is doing?

Lines in morning skate:

Pearson-Horvat-Leivo
Miller-Pettersson-Virtanen
Roussel-Gaudette-Boeser
Schaller-Beagle-Sutter

Hughes-Myers
Fantenberg-Tanev
Benn-Stecher
"evolution"

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP
Posts: 11773
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by The Brown Wizard »

micky107 wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:19 am
Some of us wanted to see three scoring lines. Is this what coach Green is doing?

Lines in morning skate:

Pearson-Horvat-Leivo
Miller-Pettersson-Virtanen
Roussel-Gaudette-Boeser
Schaller-Beagle-Sutter

Hughes-Myers
Fantenberg-Tanev
Benn-Stecher
The sharks like to rough it up on the walls. Spreading out the push back while also spreading out the O. Sharks dont have that great of a bottom 6. Theyve lose games because of it regularly this year
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP
Posts: 19471
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

I like the looks of those lines. A lot.


I’d think on putting MacEwen in for Schaller but that’s pretty solid nonetheless. I expect Travis to gives these combinations at least three shifts together before he goes back to what he knows.
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”

User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 11895
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Topper »

The Brown Wizard wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:25 am
micky107 wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:19 am
Some of us wanted to see three scoring lines. Is this what coach Green is doing?

Lines in morning skate:

Pearson-Horvat-Leivo
Miller-Pettersson-Virtanen
Roussel-Gaudette-Boeser
Schaller-Beagle-Sutter

Hughes-Myers
Fantenberg-Tanev
Benn-Stecher
The sharks like to rough it up on the walls. Spreading out the push back while also spreading out the O. Sharks dont have that great of a bottom 6. Theyve lose games because of it regularly this year
Sutter to centre, Macewen in on wing instead of Gaudette shifting outside.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP
Posts: 11773
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by The Brown Wizard »

Topper wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:46 am
The Brown Wizard wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:25 am
micky107 wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:19 am
Some of us wanted to see three scoring lines. Is this what coach Green is doing?

Lines in morning skate:

Pearson-Horvat-Leivo
Miller-Pettersson-Virtanen
Roussel-Gaudette-Boeser
Schaller-Beagle-Sutter

Hughes-Myers
Fantenberg-Tanev
Benn-Stecher
The sharks like to rough it up on the walls. Spreading out the push back while also spreading out the O. Sharks dont have that great of a bottom 6. Theyve lose games because of it regularly this year
Sutter to centre, Macewen in on wing instead of Gaudette shifting outside.
Hmmm. Can Big Mac go toe to toe with Kane though? He should be able to hang on and not die at least...

I would think this is an option. Give AG a night off and bring him back in vegas
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
Micky
MVP
MVP
Posts: 13223
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:27 am
Location: Richmond, B.C.

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Micky »

Topper wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:46 am
The Brown Wizard wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:25 am
micky107 wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:19 am
Some of us wanted to see three scoring lines. Is this what coach Green is doing?

Lines in morning skate:

Pearson-Horvat-Leivo
Miller-Pettersson-Virtanen
Roussel-Gaudette-Boeser
Schaller-Beagle-Sutter

Hughes-Myers
Fantenberg-Tanev
Benn-Stecher
The sharks like to rough it up on the walls. Spreading out the push back while also spreading out the O. Sharks dont have that great of a bottom 6. Theyve lose games because of it regularly this year
Sutter to centre, Macewen in on wing instead of Gaudette shifting outside.
Pre-game; Green and Sutter >> https://www.nhl.com/canucks/video/prega ... /c-4828584

I think Sutter just has to get up to speed. Wouldn't surprise me to see him back at center if all goes well for him.
So Virtanen is bringing speed that Brock can't offer right now and Brock is to be a sniper on the energy line?
I think Green said the PP wouldn't change.
"evolution"

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP
Posts: 19471
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

Lol at pulling Gaudette out of the lineup
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”

User avatar
Micky
MVP
MVP
Posts: 13223
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:27 am
Location: Richmond, B.C.

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Micky »

.
Knew this was coming but it still hurts when it's made official.
Brendan Batchelor
The #Canucks have placed Micheal Ferland on long term injured reserve.
12:03 PM · Dec 14, 2019
"evolution"

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 26606
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Strangelove »

micky107 wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:43 am
March 2nd 2015 Baertschi was traded to Van. His first interview, (before he even arrived), he threw the Flames org. under the bus
for mismanaging him and not giving him a fair shake.
Got a link there Mr Links? :)

https://calgaryherald.com/sports/hockey ... er-canucks
“Between me and my agent, the goal was to find a solution, ‘How do I get to play in the NHL?’ ” said Baertschi following a whirlwind afternoon of phone calls and planning after receiving a phone call from Treliving. “We were just trying to find a solution and for me, personally, in Calgary at some point it just didn’t seem to work anymore. But it wasn’t like we called and were like, ‘OK. We want to get out of here.’

“It wasn’t like that.”

“Brad Treliving is a guy you can work with,” he said. “He listens. He understands. And, you’re trying to find the solution together. (Monday) the solution was for me to try and get a fresh start somewhere else.

“I give (Treliving) tons of credit. I respect that man. He wasn’t going to stand in my way.”

“I was drafted by Calgary, I love it there,” Baertschi said. “That’s something I want to say. It was really important to me. I really appreciated the support in Calgary … fans always cheered for me and were there for me. I think the whole organization has done an unbelievable job and where they’re at right now is great for them. I wish the Flames best of luck but for me, it’s time to move on.”


“I just felt like at some point, I wasn’t really part of the big plan anymore,” Baertschi said. “So, we were trying to find a solution together and that’s what we did. In hockey, sometimes you just have to realize you have to move forward. The last few years weren’t great but they were good to me as a learning process . . . for me, I just felt like a fresh start might have been the best thing.

“Yeah, those first few years weren’t great, but I learned something from it. Now, it’s just time to move on.”
Yeah, I don't see it there Mickster.

It's a damn shame concussions derailed Baer's career...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Micky
MVP
MVP
Posts: 13223
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:27 am
Location: Richmond, B.C.

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Micky »

Strangelove wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:38 pm

Yeah, I don't see it there Mickster.
Never "imply" I make stuff up. Or I'll ******* ******* *** as you once so elegantly put it. :)
I was waiting in the car for my kid is why I remember. On 1040 back then, bout 11am, might have even been Taylor?
"evolution"

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 26606
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Strangelove »

micky107 wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:02 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:38 pm

Yeah, I don't see it there Mickster.
Never "imply" I make stuff up. Or I'll ******* ******* *** as you once so elegantly put it. :)
I was waiting in the car for my kid is why I remember. On 1040 back then, bout 11am, might have even been Taylor?
Sorry, gotta call total bullshit on that one bro...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP
Posts: 11773
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by The Brown Wizard »

I simply found these drugs and was on my way to the authorities upon the time of my arrest
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 26606
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Strangelove »

Micky: "MacIntyre fabricated an interview with Jim Benning (no evidence)"

Micky: "Baertschi ripped the Flames (despite evidence to the contrary above)."

Micky: "HOW DARE YOU DOUBT ME!! I'm as honest as the day is long!"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Micky
MVP
MVP
Posts: 13223
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:27 am
Location: Richmond, B.C.

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Micky »

Strangelove wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:04 pm
micky107 wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:02 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:38 pm

Yeah, I don't see it there Mickster.
Never "imply" I make stuff up. Or I'll ******* ******* *** as you once so elegantly put it. :)
I was waiting in the car for my kid is why I remember. On 1040 back then, bout 11am, might have even been Taylor?
Sorry, gotta call total bullshit on that one bro...
Fuck off. Now you officially called me a liar. I'm not. You on the other hand,
"evolution"

Post Reply