Page 3 of 17

Re: 2018-2019 Stanley Cup Finals

Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 7:43 am
by RoyalDude
And how come the Bruins returned to the finals the next two seasons after winning it in 2011 and the Gillis Canucks got shit kicked to the curb in the first round of the playoffs in the next two seasons after losing in the finals in 2011

Benning knows hockey

Re: 2018-2019 Stanley Cup Finals

Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 7:44 am
by Blob Mckenzie
Cornuck wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 7:40 am
So another thread devolves into. Gillis/Benning rehash.... How surprising.

Let's try to keep this one on topic.
That was the Benning Army that got the ball rolling

Re: 2018-2019 Stanley Cup Finals

Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 7:47 am
by Reefer2
RoyalDude wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 7:43 am
And how come the Bruins returned to the finals the next two seasons after winning it in 2011 and the Gillis Canucks got shit kicked to the curb in the first round of the playoffs in the next two seasons after losing in the finals in 2011

Benning knows hockey
Its all Gillis's fault.

Re: 2018-2019 Stanley Cup Finals

Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 10:10 am
by ESQ
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 1:00 pm
If they win I’d let Marchand make the 1st round pick in front of the Canucks fans while kissing his newest cup ring and chugging a bottle of whiskey.
Topper wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 9:27 pm
But you hate Benning.
The truth comes out - blob is actually a Bruins fan.

It all makes sense now - Benning was dead to him as soon as he left the Black and Gold, he hates all canuck players, he cheers against the canucks, he doesn't watch the canucks once he's seen them out of the playoff picture and no longer a threat to his beloved B's.

Don't worry Blob, there's a place for you.

Re: 2018-2019 Stanley Cup Finals

Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 10:20 am
by Strangelove
ESQ wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 10:10 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 1:00 pm
If they win I’d let Marchand make the 1st round pick in front of the Canucks fans while kissing his newest cup ring and chugging a bottle of whiskey.
Topper wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 9:27 pm
But you hate Benning.
The truth comes out - blob is actually a Bruins fan.

It all makes sense now - Benning was dead to him as soon as he left the Black and Gold, he hates all canuck players, he cheers against the canucks, he doesn't watch the canucks once he's seen them out of the playoff picture and no longer a threat to his beloved B's.

Don't worry Blob, there's a place for you.
By Jove, Holmes, I do believe you've done it!

And here, all this time, I thought he was a Flames fan...

Re: 2018-2019 Stanley Cup Finals

Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 11:11 am
by Blob Mckenzie
Hey ESQ does doc tickle your rib cage with his arm so far up your ass? I hope he takes his rings off at least. :lol:

Re: 2018-2019 Stanley Cup Finals

Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 12:02 pm
by Meds
Strangelove wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 10:20 am
ESQ wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 10:10 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 1:00 pm
If they win I’d let Marchand make the 1st round pick in front of the Canucks fans while kissing his newest cup ring and chugging a bottle of whiskey.
Topper wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 9:27 pm
But you hate Benning.
The truth comes out - blob is actually a Bruins fan.

It all makes sense now - Benning was dead to him as soon as he left the Black and Gold, he hates all canuck players, he cheers against the canucks, he doesn't watch the canucks once he's seen them out of the playoff picture and no longer a threat to his beloved B's.

Don't worry Blob, there's a place for you.
By Jove, Holmes, I do believe you've done it!

And here, all this time, I thought he was a Flames fan...
No shame in the former. Great shame in the latter.....that's a low blow Doc.

I've always loved the pack mentality of Boston teams, nobody messes with anyone without being swarmed by 4 or 5 other guys. It creates a culture where they all play for each other, and even when there's a douchebag like Marchand on the team, he's still part of the team. They play an aggressive, physical, take no prisoners, style of hockey that his heavily dosed with talent.

I used to consider Boston one of my top 5 teams up until 2011. They still aren't far out of that mix these days.....except if they're playing the Canucks. In that event they are my most hated team. :P

Re: 2018-2019 Stanley Cup Finals

Posted: Mon May 20, 2019 12:59 am
by Hockey Widow
Bob, Bill ,Barclay Plager, Red Berensen, 67-70, three times a brides maid. Will this be their year? Hope I don't jinx them.

I almost died when I realized how long ago it was. I still remember those teams.

Re: 2018-2019 Stanley Cup Finals

Posted: Mon May 20, 2019 10:12 am
by RoyalDude
Even though I’m no fan of the Blues and Bruins I think it’s going to be a war if those two meet in the finals

The Sharks are done, stick a fork

Re: 2018-2019 Stanley Cup Finals

Posted: Mon May 20, 2019 10:17 am
by Uncle dans leg
RoyalDude wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 10:12 am
Even though I’m no fan of the Blues and Bruins I think it’s going to be a war if those two meet in the finals

The Sharks are done, stick a fork
You were right about the blues wearing them down.

Whats the deal with eastvander? He looks like a scrub in the playoffs...glad he didnt sign on in van after all

Re: 2018-2019 Stanley Cup Finals

Posted: Mon May 20, 2019 10:25 am
by RoyalDude
The Blues and Bruins deserve it. They have great balance throughout the line-up, goaltending, drffnce, centres, wingers, size, speed (although these two teams are not what I call fastest teams around) and the right sprinkle of small skilled guys. I give the Blues the slight edge. They both play a similar game

Funny how the Bruins have sustained being a Have team since 2011. It does help that their two best players Marchand and Beregeron were youngens in 2011. The Canucks had zero in the way of the next wave like Marchand and Beregeron after the core group of Sedins, Kesler, Burrows, Bieksa etc. This is where Gillis dropped the ball, making a retool on the fly with the next Mgmt group a hopeless situation even though it was demanded by ownership, current contracts and dictated by the market and gate receipts. It does help getting lucky drafting Pasternak and McAvoy where they did, after bypassing on Connor, Barzal, Chabot and Boeser for Debrusk, Zenyshyn and Zboril. But like Pastrnak and McAvoy for the Bruins the stars aligned for the Canucks with Boeser, Pettersson and Hughes. They just don’t have star players in their prime like Marchand and Beregeron leading the way for them thanks to Gillis providing zilch in that department.

Kane has gone completely cold. Can’t seem to do much.

Re: 2018-2019 Stanley Cup Finals

Posted: Mon May 20, 2019 10:30 am
by micky107
RoyalDude wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 10:25 am
Kane has gone completely cold. Can’t seem to do much.
He was terrible last game. Running around like a zombie.

Re: 2018-2019 Stanley Cup Finals

Posted: Mon May 20, 2019 12:05 pm
by Blob Mckenzie
Uncle dans leg wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 10:17 am
RoyalDude wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 10:12 am
Even though I’m no fan of the Blues and Bruins I think it’s going to be a war if those two meet in the finals

The Sharks are done, stick a fork
You were right about the blues wearing them down.

Whats the deal with eastvander? He looks like a scrub in the playoffs...glad he didnt sign on in van after all
You wonder how many of these guys are hurting this time of year. It’s a war of attrition going three or four rounds deep.

Re: 2018-2019 Stanley Cup Finals

Posted: Mon May 20, 2019 12:28 pm
by RoyalDude
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 12:05 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 10:17 am
RoyalDude wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 10:12 am
Even though I’m no fan of the Blues and Bruins I think it’s going to be a war if those two meet in the finals

The Sharks are done, stick a fork
You were right about the blues wearing them down.


Whats the deal with eastvander? He looks like a scrub in the playoffs...glad he didnt sign on in van after all
You wonder how many of these guys are hurting this time of year. It’s a war of attrition going three or four rounds deep.
Probably has something to do with it but still don’t think its enough to get by the Blues. Pavelski may not be 100% but he’s old like one knee Thornton is. Karlsson is Mr Glass now, Sami Salo style. Only so much Couture and Burns can do

Re: 2018-2019 Stanley Cup Finals

Posted: Mon May 20, 2019 2:42 pm
by Reefer2
RoyalDude wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 10:25 am
The Blues and Bruins deserve it. They have great balance throughout the line-up, goaltending, drffnce, centres, wingers, size, speed (although these two teams are not what I call fastest teams around) and the right sprinkle of small skilled guys. I give the Blues the slight edge. They both play a similar game

Funny how the Bruins have sustained being a Have team since 2011. It does help that their two best players Marchand and Beregeron were youngens in 2011. The Canucks had zero in the way of the next wave like Marchand and Beregeron after the core group of Sedins, Kesler, Burrows, Bieksa etc. This is where Gillis dropped the ball, making a retool on the fly with the next Mgmt group a hopeless situation even though it was demanded by ownership, current contracts and dictated by the market and gate receipts. It does help getting lucky drafting Pasternak and McAvoy where they did, after bypassing on Connor, Barzal, Chabot and Boeser for Debrusk, Zenyshyn and Zboril. But like Pastrnak and McAvoy for the Bruins the stars aligned for the Canucks with Boeser, Pettersson and Hughes. They just don’t have star players in their prime like Marchand and Beregeron leading the way for them thanks to Gillis providing zilch in that department.

Kane has gone completely cold. Can’t seem to do much.
Its all Gillis's fault.