2018-2019 Playoffs - Round 1

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ESQ
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2797
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: 2018-2019 Playoffs - Round 1

Post by ESQ »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:31 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:24 pm
Fleury is a LOCK. Remember this the HHOF that has slugs like Dick Duff and Clark Gillies in it.
100%. He's 3-4 good seasons away from passing Patrick Roy for wins.

He'd likely get in without any rings (see Luongo, Roberto).
If Luongo gets in, I agree Fleury will get in.

But Osgood started for 2 Cup winners, has 401 wins and has substantially better playoff stats, just sayin'...

User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
Posts: 7236
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: 2018-2019 Playoffs - Round 1

Post by Meds »

Carolina looking badly outmatched against the Caps right now.

User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 8885
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Everywhere

Re: 2018-2019 Playoffs - Round 1

Post by Cornuck »

3-2 now! That bunch of jerks just might pull this off! :D
2019-20 - Playoff Bound

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP
Posts: 18323
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: 2018-2019 Playoffs - Round 1

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

ESQ wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:53 pm
Island Nucklehead wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:31 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:24 pm
Fleury is a LOCK. Remember this the HHOF that has slugs like Dick Duff and Clark Gillies in it.
100%. He's 3-4 good seasons away from passing Patrick Roy for wins.

He'd likely get in without any rings (see Luongo, Roberto).
If Luongo gets in, I agree Fleury will get in.

But Osgood started for 2 Cup winners, has 401 wins and has substantially better playoff stats, just sayin'...
One has nothing to do with the other
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP
Posts: 8362
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:27 pm
Location: Ottawa

Re: 2018-2019 Playoffs - Round 1

Post by Island Nucklehead »

ESQ wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:53 pm
Island Nucklehead wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:31 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:24 pm
Fleury is a LOCK. Remember this the HHOF that has slugs like Dick Duff and Clark Gillies in it.
100%. He's 3-4 good seasons away from passing Patrick Roy for wins.

He'd likely get in without any rings (see Luongo, Roberto).
If Luongo gets in, I agree Fleury will get in.

But Osgood started for 2 Cup winners, has 401 wins and has substantially better playoff stats, just sayin'...
Fleury retires tomorrow and he ends with more wins (regular season and playoffs than Osgood). The 1998 Red Wings also had like 7 HHOFers...

Fleury is 16 wins outside of the top-5 all-time. He should pass Luongo (3rd) before his current deal is up. I don't know how someone top-3 doesn't get in.

I think the number of rings factors in when the determining how quickly one goes to the Hall. With 3 rings, Fleury will go quickly.

User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
Posts: 7236
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: 2018-2019 Playoffs - Round 1

Post by Meds »

Going to OT.....go Canes go.

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 17612
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: 2018-2019 Playoffs - Round 1

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Canes are the better team in this game
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 17612
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: 2018-2019 Playoffs - Round 1

Post by Chef Boi RD »

If Capitals lose that’s 4 division winners ousted in the first round.

#presidentstrophy
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP
Posts: 18323
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: 2018-2019 Playoffs - Round 1

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

RoyalDude wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:20 pm
Canes are the better team in this game
In the overtime they have been
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
Posts: 7236
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: 2018-2019 Playoffs - Round 1

Post by Meds »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:28 pm
RoyalDude wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:20 pm
Canes are the better team in this game
In the overtime they have been
But no finish. The hockey gods will certainly turn the momentum in the second OT frame and Washington will come out and take it.

User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 15666
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: 2018-2019 Playoffs - Round 1

Post by Hockey Widow »

Who predicted the Canes would be in a game 7, never mind OT in game 7? They’ve been the better team in that OT but ya, no finish.

Caps dodged a bullet on that puck over the glass. Should have been a penalty.
The only HW the Canucks need

User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 15666
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: 2018-2019 Playoffs - Round 1

Post by Hockey Widow »

If the Caps score here....what irony.
The only HW the Canucks need

User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 15666
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: 2018-2019 Playoffs - Round 1

Post by Hockey Widow »

Cherry won’t be happy....but I am.
The only HW the Canucks need

User avatar
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP
Posts: 4458
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:33 pm
Location: On wide shoulders...

Re: 2018-2019 Playoffs - Round 1

Post by Carl Yagro »

Has this been one of the most incredible first rounds in playoff history or what?
Try to focus on THIS year...

User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 15666
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: 2018-2019 Playoffs - Round 1

Post by Hockey Widow »

What a first round. Seems like only the Sharks and Boston held home ice advantage. Round two is wide open now.
The only HW the Canucks need

Post Reply