2018-2019 Playoffs - Round 1

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Re: 2018-2019 Playoffs - Round 1

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:39 am This Pens/Islanders series has really been a coming out party for Jordan Eberle. Just scored his third goal (5th point).

Free agent this summer.
The Hall trade I understand, a bad influence in a small town, bad in the room, a Nucklehead. Larsen is a dinosaur but the Eberle trade and Schultz trade were a bit hasty but the real killer was the Reinhart trade. So many good prospects available with the first pick (Barzal) they gave up
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:37 am I don’t like Kadri whatsoever but I might want to crosscheck a guy in the grill myself had he gone after my knee earlier in the game. That was a dirty hit by Jake Debrusk. Give Debrusk 2 games and Kadri 4 or 5.
I saw it as an enormous dive.

No surprise Kadri looked at the ref right away, and no surprise he didn't miss a shift.

Then there was Tavares flopping about, and tuna wonders why they don't get calls! :lol:
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

ESQ wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:21 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:37 am I don’t like Kadri whatsoever but I might want to crosscheck a guy in the grill myself had he gone after my knee earlier in the game. That was a dirty hit by Jake Debrusk. Give Debrusk 2 games and Kadri 4 or 5.

No surprise Kadri looked at the ref right away, and no surprise he didn't miss a shift.
That's how I saw it too. On top of the gigantic flop and roll, instead of bracing for and taking the collision like a man, Kadri tried to avoid it.

DeBrusk didn't extend the knee, he was leading with the shoulder.
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Isles are dialed in. Tavares may want to watch this after last nights phone in.
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Post by The Brown Wizard »

Jordan Eberle playing his absolute best hockey in the NHL right now. He looks all world out there. I retract my sam gagner comparison
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:04 am Jordan Eberle playing his absolute best hockey in the NHL right now. He looks all world out there. I retract my sam gagner comparison
Contract year
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Ya really lol.

Another guy who looks unreal is Shultz. His and Letangs' play gives me hope for how young Quinn Hughes shoyld project. I see his future somewhere around those 2 players. Not great shooters but fantastic distributors
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Extends olive branch to the Dude :thumbs:

WTF is going on with Pitt? Crosby and Malkin have been skunked. They aren’t even getting many good looks at Lehner the last two games. Trotz’s Islanders are smothering them and frustrating the hell out of them.

If the Jets flake out here I’d have to think they are going to make some big changes. I picked the Blues but I’d like to see the Jets prevail here.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:24 am

That's how I saw it too. On top of the gigantic flop and roll, instead of bracing for and taking the collision like a man, Kadri tried to avoid it.

I agree with ESQ and Nucklehead, in fact everyone in the entire hockey world seems to agree.

Nobody is talking about suspending Debrusk, seriously wtf Blob? :eh:

Also, Kadri has been fined for embellishment twice in the past, just saying.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Strangelove wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:55 pm
Island Nucklehead wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:24 am

I agree with ESQ and Nucklehead, in fact everyone in the entire hockey world seems to agree.

Nobody is talking about suspending Debrusk, seriously wtf Blob? :eh:

Also, Kadri has been fined for embellishment twice in the past, just saying.
Having now watched it five or six times it’s a minor penalty on Debrusk. Kadri made that look a lot worse than it was. Five games for Kadri maybe six.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

And the stinky fish is telling everyone that gritty, playoff hockey is a myth :roll:

Tampa hasn't been competitive against Tort's in your face, heavy style. Trots defensive system is making Crosby completely invisible... one of the greatest hockey players in the history of the game. Invisible.

Willy and the Leaves are wilting against the Big Bad Bruins (again). Kadri was flopping around and looking to the refs for calls. Babcock is hiding Marner and Matthews is completely MIA.
Try to focus on THIS year...
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Hank wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:30 pm And the stinky fish is telling everyone that gritty, playoff hockey is a myth :roll:

Tampa hasn't been competitive against Tort's in your face, heavy style. Trots defensive system is making Crosby completely invisible... one of the greatest hockey players in the history of the game. Invisible.

Willy and the Leaves are wilting against the Big Bad Bruins (again). Kadri was flopping around and looking to the refs for calls. Babcock is hiding Marner and Matthews is completely MIA.
Id say Marner isnt MIA like AM. Hes creating space and driving the play still. Tavares is still dangerous but they really need some relief from down the roster. The ramped up intensity has left them way behind the shit bears
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:25 pm Id say Marner isnt MIA like AM. Hes creating space and driving the play still. Tavares is still dangerous but they really need some relief from down the roster. The ramped up intensity has left them way behind the shit bears
I meant Babcock is trying to protect his smurf Marner from getting crushed. He can't continue to hide him against matchups because he needs him to drive the offense because AM is nowhere to be found. Marner and Hyman have been good.
Try to focus on THIS year...
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

:crazy:
Lightning on pace for 9 shots this game wtf
Getting old is not for the young...
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

rats19 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:54 pm :crazy:
Lightning on pace for 9 shots this game wtf
Everything will be fine, Coach Cooper just said they've just ran into a little bad luck is all. :lol:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!