Karlsson, Myers, None or ... ? Poll

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

UFAs and the Canucks D

Sign Karlsson - no matter what it takes!
37%
Sign Myers or another top UFA Dman
33%
Don't sign any UFA Dman
7%
Make a trade or two for more bodies on the blueline
15%
Just play the rookies - they'll get the job done
7%

Total votes: 27

ESQ
MVP
MVP

Re: Karlsson, Myers, None or ... ? Poll

Post by ESQ »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:15 am no team can have 3-4 guys making more than 8 million a year and 2 guys making more than 10 and still ice a competitive team.
That's true, except for every Cup champion and finalist for the past decade.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

ESQ wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:46 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:15 am no team can have 3-4 guys making more than 8 million a year and 2 guys making more than 10 and still ice a competitive team.
That's true, except for every Cup champion and finalist for the past decade.
ummmm... The Capitals have 0 players over 10 million, and only 1 or 2 over 8 last year there big fella..

I mean, if you want to convert the salaries to Canadian dollars, perhaps your getting close, but really.... :drink:
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:31 pm Lol at Doc for being so holier than thou. Calls people every name in the book, alcoholics, bald, fat etc. Broompushers etc etc...

Too funny :lol:
Oddly it looks like you remembered all the names hes called you :lol:
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:34 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:31 pm Lol at Doc for being so holier than thou. Calls people every name in the book, alcoholics, bald, fat etc. Broompushers etc etc...

Too funny :lol:
Oddly it looks like you remembered all the names hes called you :lol:
“Do as I say, not as I do”. Yeah he’s something, must be quite the father :roll:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:53 pm
Reefer2 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:34 pm If JB can get EK and another top 4 defender then I will buy everyone a JB is a Genius button.

He would have to work it out on how to make it happen but a few ideas jump out, get rid of Sutter/LE and Tanev/Edler to make it work. Unless we can make it work now? Bear needs to retire - would be great to have him play all 82 games but he seems to be 1 hit away from a significant life impacting injury.
So your solution is to move out a #1 and a #2 dman and bring in two top-4 dmen! :lol:

You also say we need to move out $20M (Sutter/LE/Tanev/Edler) in salary "to make it work". :hmmm:

Ummmmmm. We'll likely have $20M in cap space without moving out a single one of those guys.

But nope, somehow you've gotten it into your head that there's a huge cap crunch coming next season.

I keep telling you you're wrong about that (I have even provided numbers a few times).

I've asked you to show your math and each time *poof* you're gone.

I hope it's your wife who manages the money in your household.

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/canucks

There are none so blind...
Lol - sure