Quinn Hughes time begins!

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 14864
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Quinn Hughes time begins!

Post by Chef Boi RD » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:34 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:20 am
I’m fairly certain most of the posters in this thread haven’t seen Rasmus Dahlin play a shift of hockey
So you fellow west coaster Canuck fan like us can confidently claim to have watched Dahlin play more games than us and have viewed him enough to claim that Hughes will never be better or as good as Dahlin?
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 14864
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Quinn Hughes time begins!

Post by Chef Boi RD » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:42 am

Remember Blob preferred - Bouchard (boy is he ever looking like another shitty pick by Edmonton) and Dobson instead of Hughes.

Blob loves DeBrincat - 5’-3” - 120 lbs.

Should we draft Caufield? Or a behemoth slug like Dach (the next Gaunce)? DeBrincat says no to the behemoth. Quinn Hughes says “you got that right, Caulfield!”
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15180
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Quinn Hughes time begins!

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:58 am

I preferred Bouchard?

Provide proof.

I absolutely like Dobson and I like what Hughes brings. I would have been happy with either though I do have concerns about size.

I’ve watched Dahlin more than a dozen times. He will be a multiple Norris Trophy winner.
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP
Posts: 914
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:14 am

Re: Quinn Hughes time begins!

Post by Richardstroker69 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:47 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:20 am
I’m fairly certain most of the posters in this thread haven’t seen Rasmus Dahlin play a shift of hockey
I’ve watched him lots. Quinn has the mobility to open up the ice and the hockey sense and vision to put the puck on the open mans stick. He’s another Elias Pettersson. Once he gets some chemistry with brock Elias and the other forwards watch out. I’m all in on the Hughes hype train.

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP
Posts: 914
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:14 am

Re: Quinn Hughes time begins!

Post by Richardstroker69 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:48 am

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:34 am
Richardstroker69 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:26 pm
Benning does it again, Hughes will be the best player of his draft year. Two years in a row.
:lol: great start... but it’s one game in garbage time.
Exactly, imagine how good he’ll be when it’s must win situations!

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15180
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Quinn Hughes time begins!

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:16 am

Richardstroker69 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:47 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:20 am
I’m fairly certain most of the posters in this thread haven’t seen Rasmus Dahlin play a shift of hockey
I’ve watched him lots.
With a Labrador wearing a blue vest?
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 10725
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Quinn Hughes time begins!

Post by Topper » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:13 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:20 am
I’m fairly certain most of the posters in this thread haven’t seen Rasmus Dahlin play a shift of hockey
No surprise you missed the 43 minutes he played against the Canucks this season.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15180
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Quinn Hughes time begins!

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:25 am

Topper wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:13 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:20 am
I’m fairly certain most of the posters in this thread haven’t seen Rasmus Dahlin play a shift of hockey
No surprise you missed the 43 minutes he played against the Canucks this season.

Did I? You guys infatuation with how much I watch is rather creepy.
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Cherry Picker
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 875
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:56 am

Re: Quinn Hughes time begins!

Post by Cherry Picker » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:15 am

Hughes has those Crosby toes. After he came out from his bounce past to himself off the back of the net, he spun out to the front with both toes pointed outward Crosby style when he took the shot that led to Boeser’s goal. He has great skating and edge work. Yah his size might lead to him getting out muscled at times and lead to defensive issues, but his skating could make him an offensive nightmare for other teams to cover. He could be a Paul Coffey or Phil Housely type defenseman very soon, the type of defenseman the Canucks have never had. That’s very exciting.
We are all Jim Benning.

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 14864
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Quinn Hughes time begins!

Post by Chef Boi RD » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:49 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:58 am
I preferred Bouchard?

Provide proof.

I do have concerns about size.

Blob LOVES DeBrincat - 5’-6” - 160 lbs
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 14864
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Quinn Hughes time begins!

Post by Chef Boi RD » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:51 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:58 am


I’ve watched Dahlin more than a dozen times.
Show your math!

Which games?
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP
Posts: 914
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:14 am

Re: Quinn Hughes time begins!

Post by Richardstroker69 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:04 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:51 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:58 am


I’ve watched Dahlin more than a dozen times.
Show your math!

Which games?
Kudos! It’s guys like the dude, strangelove, topper, and meds that are the lifeblood of these forums, the ability to show their math is what makes this the best Canucks forum on the internet

User avatar
Reefer2
MVP
MVP
Posts: 4830
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Re: Quinn Hughes time begins!

Post by Reefer2 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:54 pm

Richardstroker69 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:04 pm
RoyalDude wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:51 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:58 am


I’ve watched Dahlin more than a dozen times.
Show your math!

Which games?
Kudos! It’s guys like the dude, strangelove, topper, and meds that are the lifeblood of these forums, the ability to show their math is what makes this the best Canucks forum on the internet
Sure puppet.

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15180
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Quinn Hughes time begins!

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:56 pm

Reefer2 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:54 pm
Richardstroker69 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:04 pm
RoyalDude wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:51 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:58 am


I’ve watched Dahlin more than a dozen times.
Show your math!

Which games?
Kudos! It’s guys like the dude, strangelove, topper, and meds that are the lifeblood of these forums, the ability to show their math is what makes this the best Canucks forum on the internet
Sure puppet.
I don’t think he’s a puppet but he sure enjoys licking a few asscracks
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Reefer2
MVP
MVP
Posts: 4830
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Re: Quinn Hughes time begins!

Post by Reefer2 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:59 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:56 pm
Reefer2 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:54 pm
Richardstroker69 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:04 pm
RoyalDude wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:51 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:58 am


I’ve watched Dahlin more than a dozen times.
Show your math!

Which games?
Kudos! It’s guys like the dude, strangelove, topper, and meds that are the lifeblood of these forums, the ability to show their math is what makes this the best Canucks forum on the internet
Sure puppet.
I don’t think he’s a puppet but he sure enjoys licking a few asscracks
Puppet or "friend" but he sure seems to follow RD around a lot, with just enough disagreement to throw you off thinking he is a "puppet". Anyways he and others are always a good read.

Post Reply