Trade Deadline, Feb.25, 2019 ?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Re: Trade Deadline, Feb.25, 2019 ?

Post by Rumsfeld » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:21 pm

Let's trade more draft picks. Elmer loves that shit.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society

SKYO
CC Legend

Re: Trade Deadline, Feb.25, 2019 ?

Post by SKYO » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:46 am

RoyalDude wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:14 am
theman wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:06 am
I don't think we should be buyers at the deadline. Obviously most of MDZ, Pouliot, Gagner and maybe Granlund will be shipped out for picks. The only guy of value I can see being traded is Sutter. Doubt they move either Edler or Tanev now. I also think Edler will be re-signed now.
You gotta keep Edler and Tanev.

Sutter is the one I’d be moving

MDZ, Pouliot, Gagner, Schaller, Granlund, Biega are on their last legs, won’t get much for them

Stecher, Nilsson and Sutter are who you’re trading if you want decent assets in return
You keep your centers, they are really hard to replace and you need them to help reduce the damage when/if injuries occur.

Plus wingers come and go, sans your top 1 or 2 snipers.

I see MDZ and Gagner(w/salary retention) traded.

Unless JB and another GM wanting to shake things up badly and hold multiple picks have a lot of dialogue starting now till the TDD,
to make one of those multi-player traded like the Jets and Sabres did awhile back. (Kane + Bogo for Stafford + Myers ++)
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."