Trade Deadline, Feb.25, 2019 ?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: Trade Deadline, Feb.25, 2019 ?

Post by Hockey Widow »

micky107 wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:04 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:28 am
They were never more than a game or two over .500.

Playing great they were! Taking the league by storm. All those vets leading the way, especially Sutter. :lol:
That reminds me of a rule amendment to the expansion draft protection team lists I was thinking about last time.
Personally, I think teams should be able to expose players who's no trade clauses are or have become modified.
Players with NTC can be exposed.
Players with modified NMC can be exposed.

The only players that can’t be exposed are players with full NMC, no modification.
The only HW the Canucks need

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:54 am
The losses are a blessing. Three straight wins and posters here are spinning cartwheels and eagerly anticipating the GM going to market to purchase a few rentals.
There he goes again: Blubbo the walking strawman factory! :lol:

Yes Blubbo, you're a genius compared to your strawmen...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob the Pro Tankist getting a taste of the Pro Tank world where you toss out Vets for picks, promote your uncooked prospects and watch the losses mount year after year ala Oilers and too never improve even after - 4 first overall picks (one of them McJesus, two 3rd overall picks, one 6th overall pick and two 10th overall picks in the last decade and all this with another top lottery coming in 2019. Tanking the only way to fly “trade all your vets at the deadline for picks” he cries!
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

RoyalDude wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:41 pm
Blob the Pro Tankist getting a taste of the Pro Tank world where you toss out Vets for picks, promote your uncooked prospects and watch the losses mount year after year ala Oilers and too never improve even after - 4 first overall picks (one of them McJesus, two 3rd overall picks, one 6th overall pick and two 10th overall picks in the last decade and all this with another top lottery coming in 2019. Tanking the only way to fly “trade all your vets at the deadline for picks” he cries!
Amazing story
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Let me ask you Guzzler, how have the Canucks been playing since Edier, Tanev, Sutter and Baertschi went down with injuries? They were in a wild card position we’re they not, no?

Bubbles Full Tank miserable Oiler hockey on display.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:33 pm
Given where we are in the standings, Benning could be forgiven for holding pat. I’d personally like to see Edler moved for futures, but given the trade protection that would be a tough sell with a disappointing return. It would have significant impact in the room, so if we’re still sitting in that 9-11 hole I’d be fine with him letting the players decide.

No buying.
I concur good sir, I think with Edler wanting another full NTC and Benning not wanting to do that, Edler might just say ok I'll waive my current NTC and agree to a trade so he can get his long term contract with a NTC elsewhere, the time is ripe for a move, the team could use more picks + prospects.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

RoyalDude wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:27 pm
Let me ask you Guzzler, how have the Canucks been playing since Edier, Tanev, Sutter and Baertschi went down with injuries? They were in a wild card position we’re they not, no?

Bubbles Full Tank miserable Oiler hockey on display.
The wheels were falling off long before the injuries.

The games get tougher after Christmas and especially after the ALL STAR break. Clearly this is lost on you.

They aren’t good or deep enough. Pull your head out of Docs ass and start fighting for some air
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

theman
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by theman »

SKYO wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:37 pm
Island Nucklehead wrote:
Given where we are in the standings, Benning could be forgiven for holding pat. I’d personally like to see Edler moved for futures, but given the trade protection that would be a tough sell with a disappointing return. It would have significant impact in the room, so if we’re still sitting in that 9-11 hole I’d be fine with him letting the players decide.

No buying.
I concur good sir, I think with Edler wanting another full NTC and Benning not wanting to do that, Edler might just say ok I'll waive my current NTC and agree to a trade so he can get his long term contract with a NTC elsewhere, the time is ripe for a move, the team could use more picks + prospects.
As things currently sit, I would be fine too. Would love to get the package that a Edler/Tanev and Sutter could bring back but with all of them hurt don't see it happening. Still think we will see a garbage for garbage trade tomorrow though.

SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

theman wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:57 pm
SKYO wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:

No buying.
As things currently sit, I would be fine too. Would love to get the package that a Edler/Tanev and Sutter could bring back but with all of them hurt don't see it happening. Still think we will see a garbage for garbage trade tomorrow though.
Yeah making a big roster trade might be easier after the season is done.

This contract issue with Edler though is what's intriguing at the moment, can't see em letting him go via UFA.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

theman
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by theman »

SKYO wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:04 pm
theman wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:57 pm
SKYO wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:

No buying.
Yeah making a big roster trade might be easier after the season is done.

This contract issue with Edler though is what's intriguing at the moment, can't see em letting him go via UFA.
Unfortunately, I am in the camp that believes Benning will fold to his demands and re-sign him. I am not against re-signing him but it has to be the right contract.

DHA
CC Veteran

Post by DHA »

Lets just hope Benning can work with Edlers agent to give him a strong free agency offer if he allows us to trade him now.

Another first round pick would be soooo nice.

SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

It's not impossible for a player to be traded at TDD and then return July 1st.

5 examples.

https://thehockeynews.com/news/article/ ... ree-agency

Most notable is Keith Tkachuk — St. Louis traded him to the Thrashers, then he re-signed with Blues.

SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

might as well put this here aha

*Lebrun:
First round pick and prospect Brendan Guhle going to Anaheim for Brandon Montour is my understanding

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:41 pm
It's not impossible for a player to be traded at TDD and then return July 1st.

5 examples.

https://thehockeynews.com/news/article/ ... ree-agency

Most notable is Keith Tkachuk — St. Louis traded him to the Thrashers, then he re-signed with Blues.
So it happens 5 out of 300 times... gotta love those odds! :)

Yeahno, I keep hearing Edler is not interested in dat dere...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Who thinks something is brewing with Ottawa around Ceci and guddy. I could see Ottawa valuing guddy for his lockerroom presence with what will be a young team next year. I could see Ceci being a buy low target that if is played 3rd pairing minutes might find his game.