Injury Update 2018-19

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

dangler
MVP
MVP

Re: Injury Update.

Post by dangler »

Hockey Widow wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:47 pm Regarding Baertschi there is strong concern that he could be out a long time. He has a history of concussions and he is not responding well at this point. But concussion recovery is a funny thing. He could suddenly have a good week then the next thing you know he is skating and on his way back. Remember Mitchell, in his contract year, didn’t return. Too much at stake.
So whom decides when its safe for him to play?
He's just signed a 3 year $10 Million contract,at what point would the Canucks be able to move on if he's not willing to return due to risk of re-injury?
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:25 am
Richardstroker69 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:52 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:23 am
Richardstroker69 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:57 am What side is tyramkin playing in Russia? That left side is pretty jammed up if he’s gonna play his natural position.
It is?
Don’t you like Hutton? Joulevi, and Hughes are making the jump next year, edler really wants to re sign. If tyramkin is firm on wanting to come back I guess you could see what Hutton will fetch at the deadline.
Hutton has played pretty well. So has Gudbranson but both stunk for the past two seasons. I’m going to need to see bigger sample sizes from both of these players.

Apparently Juolevi is getting lit up defensively in Utica
To be fair to joulevi the whole team is being lit up defensively.
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

If Tryamkin wants to return this year, won't be have to clear waivers because he played overseas?

If so, someone is picking him up.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hockey Widow wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:47 pm Regarding Baertschi there is strong concern that he could be out a long time.

There is some talk that he could contemplate a return to Europe next year but that perhaps is his frustration. Each concussion for him has been progressively worse and easier to get. As things stand right now I’d considered him gone for awhile.

But I have heard, not injury related, that Trymankin’s agent is looking at the possibility of Trymankin returning as soon as the KHL season is done. He is exploring the possibility of Trymankin getting released and if the Canucks would make room for him at the end of the season, a 2-3 year deal burning a year this season. He’s not happy right now and his agent is trying to use that to get him a mutual termination of his contract. Could be just rumours planted to get someone’s attention as Benning has expressed interest but hasn’t as of yet been actively involved in making it happen.
IF Tryamkin and his agent are genuine about his return after his KHL season is done, the Canucks should look at all avenues of moving Edler while his value is high riding off a top-tier season last season plus his stellar performance at the World's tournament, he'd make any contender team that much more dangerous.

--

Burke going off about the Canucks brutal schedule.
Burke on the #Canucks brutal road schedule : "It's outrageous to me, it's the wear and tear on the players is the #1 thing, it's not fair to the players. I can't believe the players have not yelled and screamed about it."
Somehow, some way I think having Seattle get a NHL franchise will help the schedule for the west coast teams.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

When did Burke become nice to Vancouver? When Linden left?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Marky injured? Bachman in tonight?
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

vic wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:14 am If Tryamkin wants to return this year, won't be have to clear waivers because he played overseas?

Is this how it works even if we have the players rights?
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:41 pm
vic wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:14 am If Tryamkin wants to return this year, won't be have to clear waivers because he played overseas?

Doesn't sound like it applies in this case ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waivers_(NHL)
Return waivers

Players who play ice hockey outside North America during a regular season and who are not on loan from or whose playing rights are not already owned by an NHL club (that is, the player is not already on a team's 90-player reserve list such as a qualified restricted free agent or a draft pick) must also be placed on waivers if they are signed to play in the NHL. If the player is picked up by another NHL club on waivers, the player must be placed on waivers again before a further trade or loan can take place.[6]
... as Tryamkin is on the Canucks reserve list.

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/canucks/reserve-list
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Yeah I can’t see Baertschi walking away from 10 million bones
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

5thhorseman wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:11 pm

Return waivers

Players who play ice hockey outside North America during a regular season and who are not on loan from or whose playing rights are not already owned by an NHL club (that is, the player is not already on a team's 90-player reserve list such as a qualified restricted free agent or a draft pick) must also be placed on waivers if they are signed to play in the NHL. If the player is picked up by another NHL club on waivers, the player must be placed on waivers again before a further trade or loan can take place.[6]

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/dmitry-zhukenov

Thanks, I think your right.
I had forgotten about this other dude. Doesn't look too good for him. :(
"evolution"
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:29 pm Yeah I can’t see Baertschi walking away from 10 million bones
As far as I can tell, NHL salaries are guaranteed. So if Bear goes on LTIR, he'll continue to be paid until the end of his contract.

The difficulty would come if the Canucks believe he is over his injury, while Bear is reluctant to return to action. The opposite of the Malhotra situation I guess.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Oct. 24th was a deadly game for us.
https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/can ... dy-injury/
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

micky107 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:40 pm https://www.capfriendly.com/players/dmitry-zhukenov

Thanks, I think your right.
I had forgotten about this other dude. Doesn't look too good for him. :(
Yes 5th is right, recall O'Reilly didn't need waivers after Avs matched the offersheet

... and that he would've had to go through waivers if they hadn't matched.

It's happened with a few others, Soderberg being one.

Having said all that, I would be shocked if we saw Tree this season.
____
Try to focus on someday.
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

5thhorseman wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:11 pm

Return waivers

Nice! Thanks for the research!

#BringBackTheTree
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

micky107 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:58 pm Oct. 24th was a deadly game for us.
https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/can ... dy-injury/
I was at that game, they lost Tanev that day too.