Injury Update 2018-19

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Injury Update 2018-19

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Wids, (or other insider), do you have an update on some of the injuries and expected return dates for players?
Nilsson
Boeser
Beagle
Sutter
Baertschi
Edler

... I know I could scour the internet and figure most of it out, but I haven't heard really anything other than Nilsson is skating...
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Injury Update.

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Yeah the sooner they get back the better, don’t want to see these players anymore:

Motte - good guy but zero creativity
Archibald - AHL’er
Leipsic - zippy do nothing water bug
Del Zotto or Pouliot or Stecher either one of these be gone for Edler
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:22 am Wids, (or other insider), do you have an update on some of the injuries and expected return dates for players?
Nilsson - hurt
Boeser - hurt
Beagle - hurt
Sutter - hurt
Baertschi - hurt
Edler - hurt

... I know I could scour the internet and figure most of it out, but I haven't heard really anything other than Nilsson is skating...
done
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Thanks Top.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I think everyone beside Nilsson is week to week. Supposed to hear something about Edler later today
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

thanks blobbie
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I haven’t heard much of anything, other than what’s been posted here already. Regarding Baertschi there is strong concern that he could be out a long time. He has a history of concussions and he is not responding well at this point. But concussion recovery is a funny thing. He could suddenly have a good week then the next thing you know he is skating and on his way back. Remember Mitchell, in his contract year, didn’t return. Too much at stake.

There is some talk that he could contemplate a return to Europe next year but that perhaps is his frustration. Each concussion for him has been progressively worse and easier to get. As things stand right now I’d considered him gone for awhile.

I’ve heard nothing on Boeser. Everyone else seems pretty well on target based upon original prognosis.

But I have heard, not injury related, that Trymankin’s agent is looking at the possibility of Trymankin returning as soon as the KHL season is done. He is exploring the possibility of Trymankin getting released and if the Canucks would make room for him at the end of the season, a 2-3 year deal burning a year this season. He’s not happy right now and his agent is trying to use that to get him a mutual termination of his contract. Could be just rumours planted to get someone’s attention as Benning has expressed interest but hasn’t as of yet been actively involved in making it happen.
The only HW the Canucks need
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

What side is tyramkin playing in Russia? That left side is pretty jammed up if he’s gonna play his natural position.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:57 am What side is tyramkin playing in Russia? That left side is pretty jammed up if he’s gonna play his natural position.
It is?
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:23 am
Richardstroker69 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:57 am What side is tyramkin playing in Russia? That left side is pretty jammed up if he’s gonna play his natural position.
It is?
Don’t you like Hutton? Joulevi, and Hughes are making the jump next year, edler really wants to re sign. If tyramkin is firm on wanting to come back I guess you could see what Hutton will fetch at the deadline.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Hockey Widow wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:47 pm I haven’t heard much of anything, other than what’s been posted here already. Regarding Baertschi there is strong concern that he could be out a long time. He has a history of concussions and he is not responding well at this point. But concussion recovery is a funny thing. He could suddenly have a good week then the next thing you know he is skating and on his way back. Remember Mitchell, in his contract year, didn’t return. Too much at stake.

There is some talk that he could contemplate a return to Europe next year but that perhaps is his frustration. Each concussion for him has been progressively worse and easier to get. As things stand right now I’d considered him gone for awhile.

I’ve heard nothing on Boeser. Everyone else seems pretty well on target based upon original prognosis.

But I have heard, not injury related, that Trymankin’s agent is looking at the possibility of Trymankin returning as soon as the KHL season is done. He is exploring the possibility of Trymankin getting released and if the Canucks would make room for him at the end of the season, a 2-3 year deal burning a year this season. He’s not happy right now and his agent is trying to use that to get him a mutual termination of his contract. Could be just rumours planted to get someone’s attention as Benning has expressed interest but hasn’t as of yet been actively involved in making it happen.
As much as I like Tryamkin, I am a little bit concerned about his character. As soon as he does not like something (ice time, pots, this and that), he bolts. I am not sure what kind of teammate that is.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Jovocop wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:55 am
Hockey Widow wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:47 pm I haven’t heard much of anything, other than what’s been posted here already. Regarding Baertschi there is strong concern that he could be out a long time. He has a history of concussions and he is not responding well at this point. But concussion recovery is a funny thing. He could suddenly have a good week then the next thing you know he is skating and on his way back. Remember Mitchell, in his contract year, didn’t return. Too much at stake.

As much as I like Tryamkin, I am a little bit concerned about his character. As soon as he does not like something (ice time, pots, this and that), he bolts. I am not sure what kind of teammate that is.
That’s true, if he’s super entitled than probably best to trade him, but his deployment was bullshit with willy, and the shit that goes on in the khl shouldn’t negatively affect our opinion on him. I’d be more afraid of he gets over here and he gets homesick again (or his wife does) and back he goes. His wingspan and ability to pivot like a much smaller agile man would make zone entries horrible for the opposing team.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

And; What of a contract? How could he possibly get offered anything other than a one year--SHOW ME, DAMN IT!, deal.
If it could work, great, but can't help thinking the problems that were, would be still.
Not to mention, playing in a lesser caliber league. Don't mean to be a DD but, ?????
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:52 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:23 am
It is?
Don’t you like Hutton? Joulevi, and Hughes are making the jump next year, edler really wants to re sign. If tyramkin is firm on wanting to come back I guess you could see what Hutton will fetch at the deadline.
Hutton has played pretty well. So has Gudbranson but both stunk for the past two seasons. I’m going to need to see bigger sample sizes from both of these players.

Apparently Juolevi is getting lit up defensively in Utica