Injury Update 2018-19

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Re: Injury Update 2018-19

Post by Carl Yagro »

Jeezus, take care of yourself Doc. You too Mëds. Health is really the most important thing.

We need a CC members injury update thread in the Bar & Grill.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Hiding it from the doctor's one thing. It's keeping it from the wife that's difficult. That said, I haven't yet resorted to stashing it.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

More wounded here than on the Canucks.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:42 pm
Mëds wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:16 pm Getting old sucks.
Tell me about it, I had surgery yesterday to remove a massive kidney stone (9.7 millimeters X 8.3!).

Kidney had completely shut down, surgery went well and I'm on the road to a full recovery.

But yeah, what a drag it is getting old.
Explains you being full of piss and vinegar.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I gave up weed about 5 years ago and have rarely drank in the past two years. The occasional bottle of wine with the wife at dinner, maybe once every couple of months. A beer with friends at about the same frequency. Annual conference in Vancouver always includes at least one night of drinking that leads to a sleepless night of gut wrenching gas. Same with a a G&T bender this past July when a ol friend visited. Funny, he brought a 1/2 dozen craft beers for me and there are still 4 on my counter.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hank wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:38 pm Jeezus, take care of yourself Doc. You too Mëds. Health is really the most important thing.

We need a CC members injury update thread in the Bar & Grill.
lol cc members injury update good one.

But yeah no doubt and today is every females fave day - #InternationalMensDay! :thumbs: take care of yourselves ya assholes. :mrgreen:
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Nilsson -- Taking optional skate today
Boeser -- skated pre-practice today.
Beagle -- back mid december
Sutter -- no update (couldn't find any info)
Baertschi -- still not skating
Edler -- taking optional skate today

looks like we are finally on the mend a bit!
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

On the bright side, I'd rather have the health luck seasons when the team is ready to contend, so getting these injury ridden seasons during the rebuild is good for the young bucks to get some ice time.

Also why it's good to have a fully stocked AHL farm team filled with good prospects to call up every season.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

SKYO wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:33 am On the bright side, I'd rather have the health luck seasons when the team is ready to contend, so getting these injury ridden seasons during the rebuild is good for the young bucks to get some ice time.
Don't we ALWAYS seem to have an injury ridden season? Why should our contending years be any different? :/
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Cornuck wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:54 am
SKYO wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:33 am On the bright side, I'd rather have the health luck seasons when the team is ready to contend, so getting these injury ridden seasons during the rebuild is good for the young bucks to get some ice time.
Don't we ALWAYS seem to have an injury ridden season? Why should our contending years be any different? :/
Almost every Championship team in pro sports has mentioned they got a little bit of luck here and there, and one of them is certainly health.

The only thing the Canucks do is try to fight with the league with traveling schedules + maybe have their trainers have the players focus on their core to help prevent groin injuries.

Even pens players recognize that for other teams regarding travel.
Penguins defenceman Kris Letang certainly seemed to understand that.

“At the end of the day, I’m pretty sure Winnipeg travels a lot more than us,” Letang said. “If we have more back to backs it’s one thing, but I’m glad we’re not going east coast-west coast, back and forth all the time. There’s win and lose in different situations.”
Maybe Green can take less practices to reduce fatigue or something idk for when they go on the road.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Cornuck wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:54 am
For the last 3 seasons, including this one, yes it's been pretty bad. Prior to that we are mostly average.

(select Van from the panel on the left)

http://nhlinjuryviz.blogspot.com/2017/0 ... chart.html
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Nice graph.

But it doesn't take into account how many are hurt at the same time, or the individuals and thier worth to the team. (Us losing Edler is a bigger deal than Tampa losing Garrison).
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Cap hit is a good proxy for a players' worth to the team. I can't think of any other stat that could improve on that.

As for players being injured at the same time, I think it's a reasonable assumption that the timing of injuries is more or less a random event and therefore it's a wash when we're comparing all teams over the course of a season.

In any case, it's clear that the Canucks are not the worst in the league for injuries, year after year.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/n ... to-marlies
Sven Baertschi has only just begun skating since suffering a concussion over a month ago.

Centres Jay Beagle and Brandon Sutter are also out and not expected to return before December.

Baertschi had been notably absent from Canucks activities but was spotted after Saturday’s game with other injured players, a sign he may be on the verge of beginning the path back to the lineup. Given how the return-to-play protocol works, it’s going to be at least a week until he could be ready to play, and most likely longer.
____
Try to focus on someday.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/vancou ... -302083642
Edler will not play Monday. He said he's on schedule with his four-to-six week timetable, skating today was the next step in his recovery and he plans to travel with the Canucks to California this week.
This Wednesday would be 4 weeks for Edler, so he may play during the upcoming road trip.