Tracking the top Centre

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

DHA
CC Veteran

Tracking the top Centre

Post by DHA »

Bo - Ass 0 Goals 0 +/- (-2) - 1 Game played
EP - Ass 1 Goals 1 +/- 2 - 1 Game played

Bo will draw the tougher assignments but he has Boeser, EP is slowly manufacturing a NHL career for Goldy and allowing Erricksson to figure out his o game again.

I’m just curious to see if EP as Rookie could take the #1 spot before the year is up, and would that be with Boeser?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Tracking the top Centre

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I think within a calendar year Petterson will be the best player on this team. Leave him at centre and live with the mistakes and lack of success in the faceoff circle. I am curious as to why Vaxjo never played him much in the middle. He was obviously great on the wing as well but that’s a bigger ice surface with not near as much hitting or traffic. I also don’t think they’re in the the business of developing players for NHL teams.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:56 am I think within a calendar year Petterson will be the best player on this team.
I can see that happenning in a month or less.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Cornuck wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:29 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:56 am I think within a calendar year Petterson will be the best player on this team.
I can see that happenning in a month or less.
You might be right. I was just being generous to Horvst and Boeser. This kid is on another level. So intelligent and he’s just a puck hound out there.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

It’s really difficult drawing comparisons to Pettersson but the kids IQ is through the roof. Can’t help but think of “potentially” the Swedish Gretzky. I do see a little Pavel Datsyuk in him but I agree that he will be the face of the team in short order, the best player on the team. Can’t wait til Hughes gets here, those two will be insane together.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Grab the other Hughes and you can pretty much bid Bo off to the highest bidder.

Maybe that's why nobody got a "C" ;)

Relax everyone, relax. Just a cheeky post.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

If Boeser gets his Boeser back, I mean really back, he and Pettersson on the same line should be able to apply puck to inside of net thru any 3in. gap.
"evolution"
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Hank wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:42 pm Grab the other Hughes and you can pretty much bid Bo off to the highest bidder.

Bo is the type of center that every team needs in the playoffs. If the Canucks get the other Hughes, Pettersson can always slide to the wing.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

We need the other hughes man. Watching that kid dance...u can see hes unreal. Cross between mcdavid, matthews and pat kane.
If you need air...call it in
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Hank wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:42 pm Grab the other Hughes and you can pretty much bid Bo off to the highest bidder.

I’d keep all 3.

Pettersson
Hughes
Horvat

That’s probably good for 220 points just from the center position. Lol.

Sutter goes anywhere for a bag of pucks.

Keep Beagle as a faceoff mentor and 4th line/PK guy.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

I'm really liking our look down the middle right now:

1) BoHo (skilled 2-way centre)
2) Pettersson (potential all-star centre)
3) Sutter (good 2-way centre)
4) Beagle (good checking faceoff man)

Notable: Gaudette developing in farm and coming (another potential skilled 2-way centre)

I was most concerned with Pettersson at the start of the season because he mainly played wing in Sweden last year. I wasn't sure he can handle shifting to centre in the NHL this quickly, but he has looked fine (knock on wood). With the other 3 centres that Greener has, he can use Pettersson smartly by giving him mostly offensive zone starts and limit his defensive zone starts. KInd of like what AV did with CoHo to help him produce and up his value.

Now if only some of our young D-men and goalies would develop into star players, we'll be laughing for a long time. I don't really care about wingers as much, just about any scrub will do. Key to a championship team: be strong down the middle (Centre-ice, D-men and goaltending) imo.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Petterson will have more success as a center, less work along the boards, and he’s shown he’s a relentless back checker with probably the best stick on the team
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Just thought that it should be publically stated that not only is Pettersson now the top centre on the Canucks. He is the greatest all time centre to ever play for the Canucks.

Evidence is as follows:
1. He has the highest scoring percentage of all time among Canuck centres.
2. He has the best shot of any centre in team history and unbelievable puck skills.
3 He was able to turn assclowns like Goldobin and Eriksson into serviceable players, something Hank (the previously best centre) was unable to do.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Cherry Picker wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:27 pm Just thought that it should be publically stated that not only is Pettersson now the top centre on the Canucks. He is the greatest all time centre to ever play for the Canucks.

Evidence is as follows:
2. He has the best shot of any centre in team history and unbelievable puck skills.
3 He was able to turn assclowns like Goldobin and Eriksson into serviceable players, something Hank (the previously best centre) was unable to do.
Can you set the bar any lower :D
Also, in defense of Hank, he was able to make a ton of shit look good when he was in his prime, and would have killed to have a skilled winger like Gobby instead of Klatt, Pyatt, King, etc.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Tciso wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:38 pm
Cherry Picker wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:27 pm Just thought that it should be publically stated that not only is Pettersson now the top centre on the Canucks. He is the greatest all time centre to ever play for the Canucks.

Evidence is as follows:
Can you set the bar any lower :D
Also, in defense of Hank, he was able to make a ton of shit look good when he was in his prime, and would have killed to have a skilled winger like Gobby instead of Klatt, Pyatt, King, etc.
I call BS. He had Linden Vey!
Pettersson would have turned Vey into an all-star.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.