2018 Young Stars Tourny Pentiction

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: 2018 Young Stars Tourny Pentiction

Post by Strangelove »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:03 am
RoyalDude wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:38 am The HF Benning Hate Crew members are in complete code blue damage control trying cool everybody’s enthusiastic jets. Canafan is leading the charge as usual. The BHC is in for a world of hurt with what’s a brewing on Canuck farm.
I loved zombotron’s, who says he’s posted over here, mod warning in the first post of game 2 that anybody questioning negativity was gonna get banned. They have seriously lost the plot over there.

Years ago, in fact from the very beginning, I questioned the mentality of:

"OMG Benning will be a horrible GM because he's not a polished speaker!"

"The rebuild will fail because of Benning OMG all aboard the hate train!!"

"Let's question every move and slander the fuck out our GM!!!"

I asked the obvious questions:

If Benning is successful, how will you ever overcome your pride

... and admit you panicked and you were dead wrong?

(knowing no one will ever forget the stench of your dirty diapers)

If Benning fails, will being able to say "told ya so"

... outweigh the pain of the team you love being a wreck for a decade?

So yeah, how are you ever going to become a content fan again

... after riding that train?

But sadly, hysteria can't be reasoned with...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Hockey Widow wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:05 am
Uncle dans leg wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:47 am Not sure the Sedins ever had great shots Wids...just accurate
Well there you go, they are better than the twins already. :mrgreen:

The twins could snipe really good. Not Boeser snipe, not Naslund pre elbow injury snipe, but snipe good.
The big advantage Pettersseon and Dahlin have over the Sedins is they don't have to play together to be effective. In fact I would like to see them playing on different lines . Petterssen centering Gaudette and Viftanen. Bo centering Boesser and Dahlin.
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Tiger wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:09 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:05 am
Uncle dans leg wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:47 am Not sure the Sedins ever had great shots Wids...just accurate
Well there you go, they are better than the twins already. :mrgreen:

The twins could snipe really good. Not Boeser snipe, not Naslund pre elbow injury snipe, but snipe good.
The big advantage Pettersseon and Dahlin have over the Sedins is they don't have to play together to be effective. In fact I would like to see them playing on different lines . Petterssen centering Gaudette and Viftanen. Bo centering Boesser and Dahlin.
Sadly, Dahlin is playing for Buffalo. 😕
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:24 am
RoyalDude wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:38 am The HF Benning Hate Crew members are in complete code blue damage control trying cool everybody’s enthusiastic jets. Canafan is leading the charge as usual. The BHC is in for a world of hurt with what’s a brewing on Canuck farm.
I loved zombotron’s, who says he’s posted over here, mod warning in the first post of game 2 that anybody questioning negativity was gonna get banned. They have seriously lost the plot over there.

Years ago, in fact from the very beginning, I questioned the mentality of:

"OMG Benning will be a horrible GM because he's not a polished speaker!"

"The rebuild will fail because of Benning OMG all aboard the hate train!!"

"Let's question every move and slander the fuck out our GM!!!"

I asked the obvious questions:

If Benning is successful, how will you ever overcome your pride

... and admit you panicked and you were dead wrong?

(knowing no one will ever forget the stench of your dirty diapers)

If Benning fails, will being able to say "told ya so"

... outweigh the pain of the team you love being a wreck for a decade?

So yeah, how are you ever going to become a content fan again

... after riding that train?

But sadly, hysteria can't be reasoned with...
So true, and this is where the guys here who don’t toe the “company line” as much as I do (blob, reefer, IN) differ is that they will be happy when the Canucks are good, I honestly can’t see ms pauser canafan ever being happy with a Jim Benning built team, they’ll have their excuses like it’s all brackett or the current favourite of them well they suck so they should have good picks.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

For the record I do not see JB doing a bad job but at the same time he is not even close to a genius. I look long term and want the team to win a SC while I am alive and young enough to enjoy. If that puts me into some "category" then so be it.

This has been argued to death so many times, do we need to do it again?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Reefer2 wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:27 pm For the record I do not see JB doing a bad job but at the same time he is not even close to a genius. I look long term and want the team to win a SC while I am alive and young enough to enjoy. If that puts me into some "category" then so be it.
You are forever in the Urine Crew "category" due to all the pissing & moaning you did before Dick got here.
Reefer2 wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:27 pm This has been argued to death so many times, do we need to do it again?
#neverforget :twisted:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Yeah, it's quite obvious that the HF Mods are buddy buds with the Benning Hate Crew, otherwise known as the Gillis Stronghold. Does Canafan have a life beyond HF? How could he?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Wow - go away for a few weeks and the Benning crew is all back going nuts because of a couple of prospect games! Let's at least wait and see what happens in camp, then in exhibition, and maybe even the regular season before we annoint ol' Jimbo shall we? I don't read HF so can't comment on what's going on there, used to be a bunch of teenagers following a few regulars like sheep so it seems not much has changed.

This said, definitely positive signs coming out of last weekend, the kids looked good against other kids. There will be some growing pains and likely another crappy season or two but the Titanic seems to be getting turned around. Only took 4 out of the last 5 years of sucking and likely a couple more coming to do it - but I digress.

My favourite surprise was Dahlen, he looked very dangerous on most shifts. Pettersson looked as advertised, and Juolevi looked mostly calm and under control, which I was hoping for. Gadjovic looked like he might be a player and so did Zack MacEwen. Still plenty of work to do for most of these guys and I assume the vast majority will be in Utica given we have to make room for Beagle and Schaller ;)

Positive first steps, let's hope the next few look as easy as these ones did.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

I thought Adam Gaudette had the most complete and NHL ready game.
I don't even think he was going at full tilt.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Diehard1 wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:22 pm Wow - go away for a few weeks and the Benning crew is all back going nuts because of a couple of prospect games!
Did you "go away" on an acid trip... cuz yeah I don't think anyone else sees it that way bro. :D

Diehard1 wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:22 pm This said, definitely positive signs coming out of last weekend, the kids looked good against other kids.
Yeah, pretty much what the Benning crew said...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

For all the drugs I’ve polluted my system with over the years, I’ve never dropped acid. Is it similar to or better than shrooms? I was a big fan of mushrooms back in the day
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:37 pm For all the drugs I’ve polluted my system with over the years, I’ve never dropped acid. Is it similar to or better than shrooms? I was a big fan of mushrooms back in the day
Stick to beer blob
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:55 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:37 pm For all the drugs I’ve polluted my system with over the years, I’ve never dropped acid. Is it similar to or better than shrooms? I was a big fan of mushrooms back in the day
Stick to beer blob
Beer only?

Yeah no DS
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:28 pm
Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:55 pm
Stick to beer blob
Beer only?

Yeah no DS
How about absinthe? Just don't cut off your ear.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Funny thing Blob, I had a good run taking Acid in my early to mid twenties, had loads of fun but never have taken mushrooms. I remember one trip we ended up in Washington state for no good reason, it’s like the car drove us there, we were all just passengers
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau