2019 UFA

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: 2019 UFA

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:20 am
realdoc1 wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:00 pm I apologize to everyone who was coming to this thread expecting to read or hear something about 2019 UFA's. It is not my desire to derail this thread as so many others in the past have done. Thank you Blobbie, Blobert or whatever your moniker is and Reefer for being the next 2 to post. Because you were the next two on my list.

If there are others who derail threads more often than you two then I don't know who they are. I have a strong sense that I was watching Vancouver Canuck hockey long before either of you were born. From the WHL Canucks in the old forum, to the Coliseum to where they are now. I am not, nor ever will be anyone's puppet. My thoughts and my words are my own. Compared to most of the posters on this site my academic references are impeccable. I have many more publications in peer reviewed academic journals than I will probably ever have posts on this site.

Several years ago my (very own) wife made an astute observation about me. When I thought about it I realized she was absolutely dead on when she said: "He (meaning me) does not suffer the fool." Well guess what I see this all too often on this site. I can probably give you a list of many students whom I have taught who would attest to that. In spite of that, most would agree that it was my insistence on excellence that pu t them where they are now. Per has said it very nicely when he said: in all you do give 100% (except if you're giving blood).

At my age I have learned that there are very many other important things in life which are not sports related. Sadly, for me, I am still tied to my olde Vancouver Canucks. And no one wants them to succeed moe than I do. So when I saw GMJB come in and do such a masterful job of restocking empty cupboards, I got mildly enthused. He has produced something out of nothing and if the owner's will leave him alone (not a given I admit) the sky is the limit.
Now I wanna know where you teach and what subject.
Pre school
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

realdoc1 wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:00 pm Compared to most of the posters on this site my academic references are impeccable. I have many more publications in peer reviewed academic journals than I will probably ever have posts on this site... "He (meaning me) does not suffer the fool." Well guess what I see this all too often on this site. I can probably give you a list of many students whom I have taught who would attest to that. In spite of that, most would agree that it was my insistence on excellence that pu t them where they are now.
A man of such extensive academic preparation and intellectual rigor would no doubt be sensitive to the dangers of argumentum ad verecundiam. That is, assuming one buys the premise that an accomplished academic would brag about such things on a hockey message board in the first place.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Ronning's Ghost wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:26 am
realdoc1 wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:00 pm Compared to most of the posters on this site my academic references are impeccable. I have many more publications in peer reviewed academic journals than I will probably ever have posts on this site... "He (meaning me) does not suffer the fool." Well guess what I see this all too often on this site. I can probably give you a list of many students whom I have taught who would attest to that. In spite of that, most would agree that it was my insistence on excellence that pu t them where they are now.
A man of such extensive academic preparation and intellectual rigor would no doubt be sensitive to the dangers of argumentum ad verecundiam. That is, assuming one buys the premise that an accomplished academic would brag about such things on a hockey message board in the first place.
"evolution"
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

A puppet has to do what his master makes him do.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Dont think this one is a puppet this time...although i wouldn't put it past the Docster to weave a pretty convincing web if he wanted to
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

... he said as he once again strutted around the the forum displaying his extensive vocabulary as a peacock does it's feathers. :D

"Argument from authority" eh? :sly:

Y'know they love/overuse/misuse that phrase over at HF constantly and now and I feel compelled to ask The Question.

Are you Ronning On Empty (he's a peacock) from the aforementioned site?

I'm not the only one who has wondered about this.

(yes I know you said you only heard of that site recently but DAMN Ronning + similar posting style)

Speaking of accusing cyberfolk of being other cyberfolk, listen to me closely cyberfolk: Realdoc is the genuine article!

We should get that cleared up now while offtopicking is still somewhat allowable in the off-season...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:56 pm ... he said as he once again strutted around the the forum displaying his extensive vocabulary as a peacock does it's feathers. :D
And a little ad hominem for comparison and contrast -- no doubt for purely instructional purposes. I agree, it's a good warm-up exercise to get these out of the way as we prepare for the regular season. Such a thoughtful MOD.
Strangelove wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:56 pm Are you Ronning On Empty (he's a peacock) from the aforementioned site?
No, but Ronning on Empty is a more clever name, and I do wish I had thought of it.

Royal Dude once PM'd me (I hope I'm not breaking any confidences here, and if so, I do apologize) to thank me for backing him up over there. I checked to see if there was a poster with a similar screen name and found Ronning on Empty. Discerning posters will note that The Dude and I are usually on opposites sides of analyses of Canucks' management direction here on the only Canucks hockey message board that matters.
Strangelove wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:56 pm Speaking of accusing cyberfolk of being other cyberfolk, listen to me closely cyberfolk: Realdoc is the genuine article!
It's not clear to me why anyone would expect that academic credentials would be path to credibility on this board, anyway. We all know that Mike Gillis is now a university professor, and no one here is impressed with his expertise on the subject of "drafting (potential) nhl calibre players or their development".
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:17 pm Dont think this one is a puppet this time...although i wouldn't put it past the Docster to weave a pretty convincing web if he wanted to
The background evidence (emails, IP, etc) don't point to a sock - yet. But I wouldn't put it past another member making the sock to troll Doc-SL.
Either way, at this point, the posted is adding content, not derailing threads and generally behaving better than 90% of the regulars, so I don't see a problem - yet.
#monitering
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Ronning's Ghost wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:32 pm It's not clear to me why anyone would expect that academic credentials would be path to credibility on this board
Which is why I never mention my extensive academic credentials! :lol:

I was just rattling your cage Cliffy, I believed you when you said you hadn't heard of HF until recently.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Cornuck wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:38 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:17 pm Dont think this one is a puppet this time...although i wouldn't put it past the Docster to weave a pretty convincing web if he wanted to
The background evidence (emails, IP, etc) don't point to a sock
And it's a solid Email address, not something like say rtsderwnmslkgy@hotmail.com. :)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

I can’t remember if Ronning on empty is an idiot or not. I know there are a couple of guys on hf that are still sane, sting101 comes to mind and fan, but I feel sorry for those guys trying to deal with the constant bombardment from pauser and that loser Canafan.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The background evidence (emails, IP, etc) don't point to a sock - yet. But I wouldn't put it past another member making the sock to troll Doc-SL.
Either way, at this point, the posted is adding content, not derailing threads and generally behaving better than 90% of the regulars, so I don't see a problem - yet.
#monitering
Do you feel I’m in the 10% of posters that are behaving?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Canafan is one of the most obsessed Benning Haters it’s beyond weird. Nobody posts more than he does and every single post is relating to his discussed with Benning. His extreme hate has devoured his soul

Has Butt Gillis returned. He disappeared around the time ChefBoiRDcreated the Butto Gillisio Patata Gnocchi recipe in honour and respect for his Potatometrics creation

My Patata Gnocchi was what got Chef permanently banned. He’s a near and dear friend of the HF mods I believe, they did not like me mocking his Potatometrics
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:57 pm
#monitering
Do you feel I’m in the 10% of posters that are behaving?
Of course you are blob
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:09 pm Canafan is one of the most obsessed Benning Haters it’s beyond weird. Nobody posts more than he does and every single post is relating to his discussed with Benning. His extreme hate has devoured his soul

Has Butt Gillis returned. He disappeared around the time ChefBoiRDcreated the Butto Gillisio Patata Gnocchi recipe in honour and respect for his Potatometrics creation

My Patata Gnocchi was what got Chef permanently banned. He’s a near and dear friend of the HF mods I believe, they did not like me mocking his Potatometrics
Lol you had a great run on hfboards as did blob.