2019 UFA

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: 2019 UFA

Post by Strangelove »

Ronning's Ghost wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:32 pm
Strangelove wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:46 pm
Ronning's Ghost wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:31 pm By the way, why did the font change?
Wait... what?
I don't know my font names, but for as long as I can remember, the main board has been in what looks like Ariel, and the drafts for posts have been in...something else (can't find a match in MS Word). Now the main board is in the same font as the drafts. No change for you? I view in Chrome.
No change for me Cliff (main board and draft fonts have always been identical) and I also use chrome.
____
Try to focus on someday.
realdoc1
AHL Prospect

Post by realdoc1 »

Hey Doc, when you say Cliffy I really hope you mean Clavin because the one you seem to keep referring to seems to know little about drafting (potential) nhl calibre players or their development. That is, about as much as the real(?) Cliff Clavin.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

realdoc1 wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:43 pm Hey Doc, when you say Cliffy I really hope you mean Clavin because the one you seem to keep referring to seems to know little about drafting (potential) nhl calibre players or their development. That is, about as much as the real(?) Cliff Clavin.
:D

Nice to see you again, hey check your private messages.

BTW your thread went sideways after you left, it's here now, or what's left of it:

http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 98#p309898
____
Try to focus on someday.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Whoa! realdoc(sock)1 finally "reappears" and promptly torches RG :lol:
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

realsock1 wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:43 pm Hey Doc, when you say Cliffy I really hope you mean Clavin because the one you seem to keep referring to seems to know little about drafting (potential) nhl calibre players or their development. That is, about as much as the real(?) Cliff Clavin.
Nice to meet you meat puppet .... sorry I meant sock puppet 8-) :mex:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Corner does not abide with socks, the poster in question is the real deal.
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:17 pm The Corner does not abide with socks, the poster in question is the real deal.
Sure
realdoc1
AHL Prospect

Post by realdoc1 »

I apologize to everyone who was coming to this thread expecting to read or hear something about 2019 UFA's. It is not my desire to derail this thread as so many others in the past have done. Thank you Blobbie, Blobert or whatever your moniker is and Reefer for being the next 2 to post. Because you were the next two on my list.

If there are others who derail threads more often than you two then I don't know who they are. I have a strong sense that I was watching Vancouver Canuck hockey long before either of you were born. From the WHL Canucks in the old forum, to the Coliseum to where they are now. I am not, nor ever will be anyone's puppet. My thoughts and my words are my own. Compared to most of the posters on this site my academic references are impeccable. I have many more publications in peer reviewed academic journals than I will probably ever have posts on this site.

Several years ago my (very own) wife made an astute observation about me. When I thought about it I realized she was absolutely dead on when she said: "He (meaning me) does not suffer the fool." Well guess what I see this all too often on this site. I can probably give you a list of many students whom I have taught who would attest to that. In spite of that, most would agree that it was my insistence on excellence that pu t them where they are now. Per has said it very nicely when he said: in all you do give 100% (except if you're giving blood).

At my age I have learned that there are very many other important things in life which are not sports related. Sadly, for me, I am still tied to my olde Vancouver Canucks. And no one wants them to succeed moe than I do. So when I saw GMJB come in and do such a masterful job of restocking empty cupboards, I got mildly enthused. He has produced something out of nothing and if the owner's will leave him alone (not a given I admit) the sky is the limit.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

realdoc1 layin it in to reefer and blob - the dynamic duo.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:06 pm realdoc1 layin it in to reefer and blob - the dynamic duo.
Yeah realsock packs quite a punch. :roll:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

SKYO wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:06 pm realdoc1 layin it in to reefer and blob - the dynamic duo.
Sure
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:17 pm The Corner does not abide with socks, the poster in question is the real deal.
But is he the real doc?
If you need air...call it in
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

realdoc1 wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:00 pm I apologize to everyone who was coming to this thread expecting to read or hear something about 2019 UFA's. It is not my desire to derail this thread as so many others in the past have done. Thank you Blobbie, Blobert or whatever your moniker is and Reefer for being the next 2 to post. Because you were the next two on my list.

If there are others who derail threads more often than you two then I don't know who they are. I have a strong sense that I was watching Vancouver Canuck hockey long before either of you were born. From the WHL Canucks in the old forum, to the Coliseum to where they are now. I am not, nor ever will be anyone's puppet. My thoughts and my words are my own. Compared to most of the posters on this site my academic references are impeccable. I have many more publications in peer reviewed academic journals than I will probably ever have posts on this site.

Several years ago my (very own) wife made an astute observation about me. When I thought about it I realized she was absolutely dead on when she said: "He (meaning me) does not suffer the fool." Well guess what I see this all too often on this site. I can probably give you a list of many students whom I have taught who would attest to that. In spite of that, most would agree that it was my insistence on excellence that pu t them where they are now. Per has said it very nicely when he said: in all you do give 100% (except if you're giving blood).

At my age I have learned that there are very many other important things in life which are not sports related. Sadly, for me, I am still tied to my olde Vancouver Canucks. And no one wants them to succeed moe than I do. So when I saw GMJB come in and do such a masterful job of restocking empty cupboards, I got mildly enthused. He has produced something out of nothing and if the owner's will leave him alone (not a given I admit) the sky is the limit.
Now I wanna know where you teach and what subject.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Psychiatrics in an abbotsford private practice?

JK lol
If you need air...call it in