2019 UFA

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: 2019 UFA

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

If nothing else we dressed the place up a little. Hargraves got railroaded by Hollywood Burrows and a couple other bonesmokers over there.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:57 pm Do you feel I’m in the 10% of posters that are behaving?
Of course, Blobby - I haven't had to [mod edit] or delete one of your posts for weeks! :D
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:16 pm He's "managing the cap" splendidly, which means YOU are "Wrongo Luongo"
Speaking of the 600lb gorilla in the cap space.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:48 pm

Which is why I never mention my extensive academic credentials! :lol:

Or your extensive waistline.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

canucks trade for karlsson, sign him before he reaches 2019 UFA.
ehh stoodis
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:39 am

Bubbles didn’t you tell us that at one point you were 5’-11” 250 lbs?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:49 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:39 am

Bubbles didn’t you tell us that at one point you were 5’-11” 250 lbs?
242 was the heaviest I got to. Right now I’m 6ft (not 5ft 11) somewhere in the 220s. I need to dump 15 lbs
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Stop it. Everyone who is 5’-11” always round off to 6’

5’-11” 242 lbs? Dude, what the hell!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:07 am Stop it. Everyone who is 5’-11” always round off to 6’

Yeah it was bad. I like beer too much. As I said I’m a bit lighter now but I’d like to get down to 210.

How heavy are you? I guess those chicken thighs keep your weight down
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:15 am
RoyalDude wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:07 am Stop it. Everyone who is 5’-11” always round off to 6’

Yeah it was bad. I like beer too much. As I said I’m a bit lighter now but I’d like to get down to 210.

I agree with the beer's BMac, I love beer to much too. It's the nectar of the gods.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:43 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:15 am

I agree with the beer's BMac, I love beer to much too. It's the nectar of the gods.
Dude must be hungover today. Got rip roaring drunk on the DTES and stumbling around Hastings Street all hours of the night. Shadow boxing and shouting at the hookers and doing the rock walk.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Bwahahaha!!!!

The rock walk though :lol:
If you need air...call it in
Skintag Necklace
CC Rookie

Post by Skintag Necklace »

Wayne Simmonds to play with Elias Pettersson please
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Besides the regular July 1st UFA, there is the college UFA's, like NCAA UFA defencemen.

This year one should keep tabs on Jimmy Schuldt (superb LD) + Robby Jackson (Hab's Poehling's line mate and best scorer).

Schuldt is 23 yrs, 6'1 - 205 lbs LD, can score a lot, plays physical edge/feisty - loves to send out punishing hits, tons of blocked shots and he enjoys having a solid +/-.

from last year.
While Schuldt himself doesn't seem to care too much about his point total, the offensive side to his game is where he excels the most. He patrols the offensive blue line with confidence and has a rocket of a shot, one that has been constantly fed by his teammates.

The defenceman has recorded an average of more than three shots per game this season, which places him fourth in the NCAA for defenceman, and has him trail only Mikey Eyssimont in this category on St. Cloud’s roster.

He is a grade-A weapon on the Huskies' power play, scoring eight of his 10 goals with the man advantage. His team recognizes his talent on the point and often tries to maximize movement at the top of the zone to find a lane for him to fire in.
He has a very quick release on his slapshot, but it doesn't prevent him from generating some real power behind it. This combination of speed and strength would already be deadly, but Schuldt is also accurate, and has beaten many goalies cleanly this season.

There lies his biggest NHL upside. His sharpshooting abilities from the blue line means that he should be able to put up some points in the big league, even in an environment where time and space is reduced.

St. Cloud's captain isn't only a big shooter. He is an integral part of the team's defence, and someone who cares most about his plus/minus at the end of the night and is a big shot blocker.

He plays the game with an edge, enjoying physical play, and rarely turns down an opportunity for a hit.

https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/2018 ... pment-camp
Robbie Jackson is a small dude 5'9 but he's fast and skilled.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

So I felt like wasting some time over at CapFriendly today.....

Leivo $1.75M - Pettersson - Boeser $7.5M
Baertschi - Horvat - Virtanen
Eriksson - Gaudette - Spooner
Roussel - Beagle - Sutter
MacEwen

Edler $4.5M - Karlsson $11M
Juolevi $863K - Tanev
Hughes $2M - Gudbranson
Stecher
Biega

Markstrom
Demko $1.75M

I gave Boeser $7.5M x 5 years.....he might come cheaper?
Leivo got a 2 year extension.
Edler $4.5 x 5.
Karlsson $11M x 7.
Hughes cap hit could be lower than that $2M, but I'm factoring in a few bonuses.
Demko gets a 2 year deal, which is par for the course for young backups who are hoping to push for a starting role.

Total cap hit of $78.536M. You could still re-sign Hutton and push Juolevi and Hughes to fight for spots (competition is healthy after all) as there is no guarantee that either of them are ready for the NHL game yet.

That's with Schaller buried and still costing, and not moving out anyone like Stecher or Sutter.

Mostly I was just trying to prove that offering Karlsson the big dollars is very doable for Vancouver right now as the cap will continue to climb, and Sutter and Eriksson combine for over $10M of cap space that can be replaced for about 60% of the cost as contract renewals come due for Pettersson, Virtanen, and others.