Apparent contradiction?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Apparent contradiction?

Post by Cherry Picker »

Hockey Widow wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:44 pm Does this clear the mud?

Benning isn't ruling the prospect of a deserving kid grabbing a roster spot.

"If one of them comes in and is like Brock Boeser was last year and we think it's best for him to be playing in the league, then we'll make room," he added. "We're going to have six to eight guys down in the American League that we think are going to be part of our future. We have to make sure they develop properly, are physically strong enough and mentally tough enough, and when they are ready, we are going to give them an opportunity."
I think Pettersson will be with the team all year, but another spot on the roster for kids to yo-yo up and down would be ideal. Let the media and the kids know ahead of time they will have only five games, then whichever kid is playing best in Utica gets called up for only five games. There should be no surprises or disappointment when the player is sent down after the five games. Try to rotate Gaudette, Dahlen, Lind, Palmu, Gadjovich, etc, whoever is playing well. If the Canucks are competitive they can make a decision to keep someone up permanently based on their play. If they are out of the playoffs keep the rotation going all season, so everyone gets a taste, and open up more spots near the trade deadline by trading away veterans.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Yeah, it's really looking like Petterson is the only rookie that "may" stick unless he clearly cannot handle the rigors of the NHL. Maybe Demko? But this management is stubborn and seemingly set with exciting the shit our of this market with your Gagners, Schallers, Beagles, Roussel, Mottes, Bouchards, Leipsics, Del Zotto's, Biega's, Hutton's, Sutters, Gaunces, Eriksson's, Granlunds, Baertshi's and so forth

Baertschi, Horvat, Boeser
Eriksson, Sutter, Petterson
Gagner, Beagle, Virtanen
Granlund, Gaunce, Roussel

Schaller
Leipsic
Motte
Bouchard
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

RoyalDude wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:38 pm Yeah, it's really looking like Petterson is the only rookie that "may" stick unless he clearly cannot handle the rigors of the NHL. Maybe Demko? But this management is stubborn and seemingly set with exciting the shit our of this market with your Gagners, Schallers, Beagles, Roussel, Mottes, Bouchards, Leipsics, Del Zotto's, Biega's, Hutton's, Sutters, Gaunces, Eriksson's, Granlunds, Baertshi's and so forth

Baertschi, Horvat, Boeser
Eriksson, Sutter, Petterson
Gagner, Beagle, Virtanen
Granlund, Gaunce, Roussel

Schaller
Leipsic
Motte
Bouchard
Oh WOW Dude: You have Bouchard ahead of Gaudette. Did you know that?

Personally, I think Gaudette will end up starting here.
We'll see.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Just, just, just;
https://thecanuckway.com/2018/09/02/van ... -big-role/

Listen to reason.
Don't underestimate this guy.
"evolution"
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

micky107 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:55 pm Just, just, just;

Listen to reason.
If he shows up and is ready what a boon for the team
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I don’t see Demko staying in the NHL right now. I mean of course he could blow people away at camp but I think the plan is is to start the Swedish duo. But if either guy falters I could see Demko get the call. It would be great for him and his development to get some games this year. With DiPietro going back to junior they’ll try to squeeze more from Demko.

Let’s not forget that one of our Swedish goalies is coming off a superb and successful WC. We know they both won’t be back next year so there isn’t a rush to keep Demko right now. But I reiterate, it would benefit him greatly to get some NHL games, in the least, this year.
The only HW the Canucks need
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

micky107 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:55 pm Just, just, just;

Listen to reason.
I don't underestimate Gaudette,but anyone who thinks Pettersson is going to not only make the NHL, but play Center right out of the gate when he played wing almost all of last season,makes me doubt their opinion.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

I didn't say at the expense of.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

This guy messed up, now he's scrambling to save his rep.
https://twitter.com/trevorknapp16?ref_s ... 2723898368

Can apologize all he wants.
Just shows how willing some dweebs are to throw someone under the bus for a little notoriety.

Mama--gonna take little boy's toy away from him.
Whaa.
"evolution"