Francesco Ballard

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Francesco Ballard

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I have a feeling this Klown is the reincarnate of Harold Ballard.

He’s given the boot to some decent people and now seems to be running a puppet show with Paul Bearer as the lead. This shit will play itself out in the next 12-24 months.

Too bad he got the team over Gaglardi and Beedie.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Lancer
CC Legend

Re: Francesco Ballard

Post by Lancer »

Yeah, I’m not getting good vibes from the Aquabros either - Frankie in particular. The difference is that Ballard was a cheapskate dinosaur. Frankie and his crew aren’t afraid to dig into their deep pockets and are open to new ideas (although more like distracted squirrels than anything else). Frankie’s problem is he’s an impatient fan who acts like managing a team is not that different from EA game.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Think it's bad now?

Wait till the Seattle whatevers arrive!

BP- 230/120
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Gaglardi and Beedie were big Nonis and Burke fans. They would have kept Nonis as GM and Burke would have been hired as President of Hockey Operations.

Gaglardi and Beedie were much more patient and hands off and would have also shown deep pockets.

Who knows what 3-5 more years of Burke and Nonis would have done to the team. Would we have won the Cup in 2011?

Present owners only redeeming grace is their deep pockets, willingness to spend money on every aspect of operations from Utica to Vancouver. And this is a big deal. Kudos for that.

But they are way too full of themselves and way too involved. Their money. Their team. Their call.
The only HW the Canucks need
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

We have the worst owners in the NHL, period. Next to what’s his nuts in Ottawa.

“Daddy, can you buy the Canucks so I can be an NHL GM”

Let’s face it with these owners, GMs have a life cycle of 3-5 years, the further this goes on, the less desirable this organization becomes to work for. UFA players are already showing us that. Forcing our GMs to overpay to land any.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Money wise, they are great owners.

Interference wise, they are at the level of Harold Ballard.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

theman wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:06 am Money wise, they are great owners.

Interference wise, they are at the level of Harold Ballard.
Both without a "cup". Yikes, That's gotta hurt.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:10 pm Francesco Ballard

I have a feeling this Klown is the reincarnate of Harold Ballard.
The only "Klown" here is you dear friend!

Ballard was a miserly evil super-ego control freak who thrived on the spotlight.

(does that sound anything like Aquaman, who meddles at a relatively moderate rate... and behind the scenes)

Ballard loved going to war publicly with icons in in Leaves Nation.

http://www.fiveminutesforfighting.com/2 ... lainy.html

Unlike superfan Aqua, Ballard couldn't care less if his team was at the bottom of the standings

... the only "bottom" he cared about was the bottom line.

Ballard was a demon sent by the Hockey Gods to destroy Leaves Nation (their karma).

Frankie is a saint compared to Harry.

Lol, worst thread ever...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lancer wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:35 pm Yeah, I’m not getting good vibes from the Aquabros either - Frankie in particular. The difference is that Ballard was a cheapskate dinosaur. Frankie and his crew aren’t afraid to dig into their deep pockets and are open to new ideas (although more like distracted squirrels than anything else). Frankie’s problem is he’s an impatient fan who acts like managing a team is not that different from EA game.
Yeah I guess Ballard was a cheap cunt wasn’t he? Aquilini isn’t cheap but he’s a meddlesome prick. Benning is little more than a stooge being played by the puppeteer owner. A yes man who will bend over backwards for the owner in order to keep his gig.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:29 pm
Lancer wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:35 pm Yeah, I’m not getting good vibes from the Aquabros either - Frankie in particular. The difference is that Ballard was a cheapskate dinosaur. Frankie and his crew aren’t afraid to dig into their deep pockets and are open to new ideas (although more like distracted squirrels than anything else). Frankie’s problem is he’s an impatient fan who acts like managing a team is not that different from EA game.
Yeah I guess Ballard was a cheap cunt wasn’t he? Aquilini isn’t cheap but he’s a meddlesome prick. Benning is little more than a stooge being played by the puppeteer owner. A yes man who will bend over backwards for the owner in order to keep his gig.
I think that's bullshit.
Benning doesn't strike me as the kind of individual who will not stick up for his principals just to keep a moderate paying job.
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I could give two shits if you think it’s bullshit.

Being a GM in the NHL isn’t a moderate paying job. Wake up
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

C'mon Blobby - 1-2 million is chump change in Mick's world.

But honestly, I don't see the point of this thread, except to vent on the inner workings of the team (which most of us are guessing at). And then extending it to bash the GM.

carry on...
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:33 pm I could give two shits if you think it’s bullshit.

Being a GM in the NHL isn’t a moderate paying job. Wake up
No; not in comparison to jobs in general but I doubt if he's above mid-pack for NHL GM's wages.

I seriously wish that there wasn't the inherent mystery so ingrained with the abrupt way Linden left.
It seems a little, um,

tense.
"evolution"
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

I've heard it speculated that some think the patriarch of the family, big Daddy Aqua-man still has a lot of power and say in their enterprises, no different with the Canucks. The bros just do what he says/wants and Francesco takes the heat if things go badly. It this is true, then old man Aqua would be the Harold Ballard. *hehe*
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Cornuck wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:49 pm C'mon Blobby - 1-2 million is chump change in Mick's world.

But honestly, I don't see the point of this thread, except to vent on the inner workings of the team (which most of us are guessing at). And then extending it to bash the GM.

carry on...
LOL, if the Aquas were only as transparent.

Todd, that would be Luigi. The Aqua Boys are just his puppets.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!