2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Uncle dans leg
CC Legend

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by Uncle dans leg » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:07 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:24 pm

#reeferisblobsgimpandfluffer
Does that make Blob Zed? Or the other guy
nobody focks...with the jesus

RoyalDude
CC Legend

Post by RoyalDude » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:10 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:07 pm
RoyalDude wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:24 pm

#reeferisblobsgimpandfluffer
Does that make Blob Zed? Or the other guy
Blob is 5'-11' 250 lbs. He is cracked out on doing curls for gurls, loves Nickleback and slow pitch baseball, so try to imagine hulk hogan arms on a Louie Anderson body. Disgusting. If you see guy at the Golden Spike in Coshitlam sporting the Billy Ray Cyrus homemade redneck muscle shirt (cut the sleeves and neck out to make room for the large guns and double chin) that is most likely Bubbles. He will have celtic rope tattoo's running up his neck Haney style, smoking a vape, wearing sweat pants customed into shorts and high tops and an unmanscaped hairy farm for a body.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Uncle dans leg
CC Legend

Post by Uncle dans leg » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:44 pm

:lol:

Fuck Blob. You need an intervention
nobody focks...with the jesus

Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:49 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:44 pm
:lol:

Fuck Blob. You need an intervention
Yeah that’s a pretty good hatchet job by Abe Vigoda.

He’s probably got a dozen beer in his gut and he’s opened the bottle of Canadian Club his cousin gave him for Christmas.

Too baked to respond at this point :lol:
“SUTTER IS AS GOOD AS COUTURIER”

Meds
CC Legend

Post by Meds » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:51 am

I feel like we need a new thread.....

Blobcat vs Dude

Like Spy vs Spy only better. :lol:

SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:58 pm

Anyone else liking RW Kaapo Kakko more after the World Juniors?
6'2 - 190lbs, probably be 6'2-200lbs for the NHL.

5'10 - 168lbs Jack Hughes seems a bit small and fragile, got injured in the tourny, unless he steps it up to Patrick Kane levels, Kakko might be a rock solid choice - possibly.
KAKKO:
A quick-thinking winger, Kakko never seems to be in a rush. He reads the game exceptionally well and finds himself a step ahead while the play is still developing. He is confident with the puck and capable of handling it in small spaces. With decent size for a player of his age, Kakko protects the puck well and uses his high hockey IQ to make smart offensive plays.

He plays a mature game and is already strong enough to compete with men in the Finnish Liiga.

Kakko excels offensively and beats opponents with smarts and skill both on and off the puck. (Matias Strozyk, 2018)

..quality hands.. able to keep the puck under control when physically challenged.. works in all areas to help his team get possession, Draftin Europe 2018

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/3 ... aapo-kakko
&
Jamie Thomas - Jets tv guy:

Was chatting with Patrik Laine today about the World Juniors and Kaapo Kakko. Laine trained with Kakko last summer in Finland and they share the same agent. Laine said he wouldn’t be surprised if Kakko ended up going first overall in #NHLDraft
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

theman
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by theman » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:14 pm

Obviously we take the best player available but adding a top winger in the Laine mold would be perfect for our top 6. That would give us two solid attacking lines. Still hoping that we can move Sutter or Edler/Tanev for another first round pick. Don't think we have any other tradeable assets that would bring back that kind of return.

RoyalDude
CC Legend

Post by RoyalDude » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:26 am

I was quite impressed with Kaako and not so much with Hughes. But it ain’t happening, the lowest I see us picking is 8th.

Krebs has passed that bum Kirby Dach in the WHL scoring leader board. Dach is going through a very long and concerning scoring slump. Krebs was miles back from him at one point. Cozens is on fire as well

I like this Krebs
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

theman
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by theman » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:02 am

RoyalDude wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:26 am
I was quite impressed with Kaako and not so much with Hughes. But it ain’t happening, the lowest I see us picking is 8th.

Krebs has passed that bum Kirby Dach in the WHL scoring leader board. Dach is going through a very long and concerning scoring slump. Krebs was miles back from him at one point. Cozens is on fire as well

I like this Krebs
Hopefully we will get a Philly lotto luck and end up with the 2nd or 1st OA pick, just don't pick a NP. I think we will be picking around 10 too.

Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:16 am

theman wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:14 pm
Obviously we take the best player available but adding a top winger in the Laine mold would be perfect for our top 6. That would give us two solid attacking lines. Still hoping that we can move Sutter or Edler/Tanev for another first round pick. Don't think we have any other tradeable assets that would bring back that kind of return.
Kakko is more Landerskog than Laine, which is a good thing as he's a better all around player. Laine is a great goal scorer but his overall game is lacking, while Kakko is not the goal scorer Laine is but has a much better overall game. I'd take either but almost think a Landeskog type would be better for where the team is at right now, given Brock is the goal scorer.

Dude is right though, no way we get him unless we fluke out and win the lottery. The team will be in that 8-12 range so it's possible but not very likely.

SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:16 am

theman wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:02 am
RoyalDude wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:26 am

I like this Krebs
Hopefully we will get a Philly lotto luck and end up with the 2nd or 1st OA pick, just don't pick a NP. I think we will be picking around 10 too.
And the Winnipeg Jets lotto luck went from 6th to 2nd overall in 2016.

If land 8th odds, that a 6% chance at winning one of the top 3 picks aha.

-18.5%
-13.5%
-11.5%
-9.5%
-8.5%
-7.5%
-6.5%
-6.0%
-5%
-3.5%

In any case I'd be happy with a top 10 pick, typically you find a legit top 6 forward or top 4 D in that range, have to have superb scouting with some luck to sniff out hidden talent after that.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

RoyalDude
CC Legend

Post by RoyalDude » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:07 pm

Skyo why is Dach’s game sucking right now? What’s the Intel? Is he a faller?

SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:17 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:07 pm
Skyo why is Dach’s game sucking right now? What’s the Intel? Is he a faller?
Saskatoon Media Group, Les Lazaruk says Dach is out with a lower body injury (day-to-day).

hf-Stive Morgan said: "He was seen wearing a brace and noticeably limping, a leg injury of some sort."

**check out Jett Woo blasting big boy Dach aha. :o
https://twitter.com/ryanbiech/status/10 ... 7349479425 Woo gonna cause some problems for forwards in the NHL one of these days, he hits like Jacob Trouba.

But Dach likely be good to go for the Top Prospects game they say.

http://sherwin-williamstopprospects.ca/ ... pects-game

I want to see how Cozens, Krebs, Dach, Suzuki, Byram, Foote, Robertson and some of these Russians do.

SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:42 am

If the Canucks land a mid-range pick in the 1st, we might consider- Overager, late bloomer (skipped twice in last two drafts) Brett Leason c/winger, righty, massive dude 6'5-200lbs, he's almost averaging 2pts a game in the WHL, is out producing Cody Glass who is the same age as Leason, Brett born 29 days after, has 66pts in 34 games thus far and was superb in the WJC with 3g,2a in 5gp was one of the hardest workers on Team Canada. & he can join the AHL Comets next year aha.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/2 ... ett-leason

An awesome read on how & why teams skipped over him for two drafts, and how he worked his butt off to get faster/stronger, ultimately to get drafted!
https://montrealgazette.com/sports/hock ... -year-old/
The scouting report on Brett Leason reads as follows: “He’s a big guy who’s going to put up points. He’s going to be a power play guy. He’s got good hands. He can skate now and he can score. He’s persistent.

This kid just didn’t give up,” said North American Central Scouting’s Mark Seidel. “That’s one of the reasons why we’ve got him in the first round. He’s willing to do anything to get better.

Leason went to the gym and aimed to get faster and stronger by adding much-needed muscle to his stork-like legs.

I just really worked on strengthening my legs,” he said. “That’s given me the ability to gain an extra step this year. I just feel like I’ve really picked up on my skating. I’m more powerful, quicker stronger and faster in all areas of the game. That’s what has really allowed me to take off and take the next step this year.”

“He had good hands, but he gets there now and he’s able to get there because of his skating,” said Hunter, who has coached against Leason in the WHL for the past three years. “And that’s what brought him on the scene. We saw him in the Russia series and we watched his skating real close. Can he drive around a guy? Can he jump on loose pucks? Because the way I want to play, it’s about speed and can he keep up?

“And he can. He’s trending towards being in the NHL one day for sure.”
One notable player who did this was Tanner Pearson, skipped over in two drafts, then selected 1st round by the Kings.

Kinda funny story his pops a famed university football QB, got him to work in landscaping in the summer, and Brett said fuck this bs - I'm hitting the gym hardcore to make the pros lol.
https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/j ... all-father

Park big Leason in front of net with Petey and Boeser on the sides, Hughes on point.

Another good mid-range pick #10-#15ish is LW sniper Arthur Kaliyev, 6'2-190lbs, shoot first-pass later type, has some dangle skills. 62pts in 41games, 31 goals, in Hlinka tourny-5gp,3g,3a,6pts, he's 7th in pts in the OHL as a 17 yr old, he's born in the US, but is Russian.

http://www.mynhldraft.com/2019-nhl-draf ... ur-Kaliyev

RoyalDude
CC Legend

Post by RoyalDude » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:01 am

SKYO, Dach went 15 games scoring only 1 goal 2 assists, this injury you’re blaming his shit play on is recent