2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
micky107
CC Legend
Posts: 4997
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by micky107 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:35 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:40 am
It is what it is. Like you said draft bpa and if need be trade from a position of strength down the road.
About 2 years, maybe 3, Two new defense men, that we don't yet know, will have to find their way here that are under 25 and "can" play top 4.
Sounds like rhetorical nonsense but It's kinda gotta happen in order to be stable for 6 to 8 years.
"evolution"

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 12051
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by RoyalDude » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:11 am

Hey Booze you think the Canucks are still picking top 5/top 6 in 2019? Not seeing it, Booze. Elias won’t have any part of that. We are currently 2nd in the the entire NHL, lol!
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 11538
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:18 am

RoyalDude wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:11 am
Hey Booze you think the Canucks are still picking top 5/top 6 in 2019? Not seeing it, Booze. Elias won’t have any part of that. We are currently 2nd in the the entire NHL, lol!
Somewhere in the top 10. Canucks have played three or four more games than most teams. They are a Matt Nieto and Brandon Saad open net away from being 7-8. The goal differential is -3. They are 4-0 in OT/SO. They are 5-6 in games decided in regulation. Might want to pump the brakes a bit Tiger.

As I’ve said time and again. I like the speed, the effort and finally for the first time in more than ten years they are giving multiple young guys an opportunity.
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 12051
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by RoyalDude » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:23 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:18 am
RoyalDude wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:11 am
Hey Booze you think the Canucks are still picking top 5/top 6 in 2019? Not seeing it, Booze. Elias won’t have any part of that. We are currently 2nd in the the entire NHL, lol!
Somewhere in the top 10. Canucks have played three or four more games than most teams. They are a Matt Nieto and Brandon Saad open net away from being 7-8. The goal differential is -3. They are 4-0 in OT/SO. They are 5-6 in games decided in regulation. Might want to pump the brakes a bit Tiger.

As I’ve said time and again. I like the speed, the effort and finally for the first time in more than ten years they are giving multiple young guys an opportunity.
Top 10, very unlikely, it’s looking more like - 12 to 18 range for me. Not even the ridiculous amounts of injuries is affecting this team, Greener has them dialed in, Pettersson is basically saying on the ice “you’re either with me or against me, let’s fucking win like I did in the SHL last season.”
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend
Posts: 5220
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by Uncle dans leg » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:25 am

Tigers been pumping the hand brake a little too hard thats why hes laid out
nobody forks...with the jesus

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 12051
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by RoyalDude » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:30 am

The Swedish Gretzky will have this team pushing for the playoffs all season, the kid is a winner wherever he goes. Lose your top 2019 pick dreams while you can Blobbee! Plus, Benning has proved that he don’t need a top 10 pick to find gems in the draft
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 11538
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:31 am

RoyalDude wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:23 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:18 am
RoyalDude wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:11 am
Hey Booze you think the Canucks are still picking top 5/top 6 in 2019? Not seeing it, Booze. Elias won’t have any part of that. We are currently 2nd in the the entire NHL, lol!
Somewhere in the top 10. Canucks have played three or four more games than most teams. They are a Matt Nieto and Brandon Saad open net away from being 7-8. The goal differential is -3. They are 4-0 in OT/SO. They are 5-6 in games decided in regulation. Might want to pump the brakes a bit Tiger.

As I’ve said time and again. I like the speed, the effort and finally for the first time in more than ten years they are giving multiple young guys an opportunity.
Top 10, very unlikely, it’s looking more like - 12 to 18 range for me. Not even the ridiculous amounts of injuries is affecting this team, Greener has them dialed in, Pettersson is basically saying on the ice “you’re either with me or against me, let’s fucking win like I did in the SHL last season.”
Lol you wanted Greens head on a stick two weeks ago.
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 11538
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:32 am

RoyalDude wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:30 am
The Swedish Gretzky will have this team pushing for the playoffs all season, the kid is a winner wherever he goes. Lose your top 2019 pick dreams while you can Blobbee! Plus, Benning has proved that he don’t need a top 10 pick to find gems in the draft
Yes Boeser is one gem picked out of the top 10 in an incredible draft
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 12051
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by RoyalDude » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:49 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:32 am
RoyalDude wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:30 am
The Swedish Gretzky will have this team pushing for the playoffs all season, the kid is a winner wherever he goes. Lose your top 2019 pick dreams while you can Blobbee! Plus, Benning has proved that he don’t need a top 10 pick to find gems in the draft
Yes Boeser is one gem picked out of the top 10 in an incredible draft
Are these players who all went ahead of Boeser incredible?

Strome
Hanafin
Zacha
Crouse
Gurianov
Zboril
Zenyshyn
Svechnikov
Ek
White
Samsonov

Would you rather have these 6 players who went right after Boeser:

Konecny
Roslovic
Juulsen
Larsson
Beauvillier
Carlson
Merekley
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 11538
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:51 am

Lol what is all that drivel? It was a fantastic draft. I like Boeser so I don’t know why I have to justify that. I was the guy preaching patience when a bunch of people were on a witch hunt and wanted him benched earlier in the year. He’s a top ten guy easily in a re draft.

BTW gems is plural
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 12051
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by RoyalDude » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:55 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:51 am
Lol what is all that drivel? It was a fantastic draft. I like Boeser so I don’t know why I have to justify that. I was the guy preaching patience when a bunch of people were on a witch hunt and wanted him benched earlier in the year. He’s a top ten guy easily in a re draft.

BTW gems is plural
End of the day, franchise saving draft pick getting Boeser at 23. Pure brilliance on Brnnings part when everybody wanted him to draft Horvats cousin. Don’t even get me started on the geniusness of drafting Pettersson when everyone was screaming “Glass”! “Vilardi”!
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 11538
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:59 am

Not sure about franchise saving but certainly job saving for Ignitowski as we speak.

Ummmm YOU were among the hoard screaming for Vilardi and Glass. They both could end up being very good players. Glass is having a great year in the Dub and Vilardi scored at 1.8 ppg last year. Only thing of concern with Vilardi is his back.
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
Reefer2
MVP
MVP
Posts: 3990
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by Reefer2 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:34 am

Sometimes I feel like I’m in a bad episode of dejavu.

Or the twilight zone where the same day happens over and over again.

Or a 2018 version of ground hog day

User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend
Posts: 5220
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by Uncle dans leg » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:39 am

Is that the groundhog day where you get cuckold humiliated then defend her honour to random pseudonyms on the internet?
nobody forks...with the jesus

User avatar
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 2266
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:14 pm

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by Todd Bersnoozi » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:57 am

RoyalDude wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:30 am
The Swedish Gretzky will have this team pushing for the playoffs all season, the kid is a winner wherever he goes. Lose your top 2019 pick dreams while you can Blobbee! Plus, Benning has proved that he don’t need a top 10 pick to find gems in the draft
Swedish Gretzky, good one. Man, last few years it felt like we missed out on some generational talent like McJesus, Matthews, Laine, etc, but it's really starting to look like JB found one 5th overall in Elias Pettersson. I don't think we've ever had an elite superstar centre. I guess Hank was pretty close, but only for about a 3 year period. We did have Bure, Nasi and Bert, but they were wingers. I think a team really needs a star centre to win a Cup (way more important than a winger). If* things keep progressing like this for our young players, we could be really deep down the middle.

1) Pettersson: the Swedish Gretzky
2) BoHo: future captain, Toews like 2-way game
3) Gaudette: Kesler lite.
4) Sutter/Beags: faceoff, defensive, PK specialists

Right now, Gaudette's the biggest question mark. He's just too green and we don't really know what we have in* him yet. If he can become a Kesler type player, man, this team will be a Cup contender for many, many years.
Last edited by Todd Bersnoozi on Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply