2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Canucks are 1 point back of the final wild card spot! 1-2 years is here! With our recent record which is fantastic, the team almost completely healthy, goaltending has been lights out, it is not out of the realm for this team to make post season! Which means we will be drafting in that 16 to 20 zone, with the recent rankings who do we want our draft gurus Benning and Brackett to zero in on?

My targets:

RHD-men - Soderstrom or Seider
LW - Kalyev

These 3 fill a need
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Kaapo would be nice. For once I’d like to see the team move up instead of back. With an almost certain finish in the 20s, wouldn’t it be nice to move up from 8th or 9th to 2nd or 3rd? This franchise is due
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:45 pm Kaapo would be nice. For once I’d like to see the team move up instead of back. With an almost certain finish in the 20s, wouldn’t it be nice to move up from 8th or 9th to 2nd or 3rd? This franchise is due
:lol: not happening
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

Kakko looked very impressive against the Swedes yesterday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

RoyalDude wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:23 pm
SKYO wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:15 am
RoyalDude wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:00 pm Dach has played like shit the last 10 games. I believe he has 1 point in that stretch.
Could be a slight injury?
No word on an injury. Not a good sign to have completely gone cold the way he has. Look at similar style WHL player Nolan Patrick who put up great numbers even in the season prior to his draft year season and then look at how Patrick is struggling in the NHL. Hell I’d say that even Michael Rasmussen is a better player than Patrick is right now but that could change. Anyhow not so sure how much worth the not so dynamic big power forward centres have in today’s game anymore.

I do like Dylan Cozens who is on fire right now but he plays a more energy style game than Dach who plays a slowed down calmer game.
Could help Dach drop a bit to us. :D
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

SKYO wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:22 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:23 pm
SKYO wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:15 am
RoyalDude wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:00 pm Dach has played like shit the last 10 games. I believe he has 1 point in that stretch.
Could be a slight injury?
No word on an injury. Not a good sign to have completely gone cold the way he has. Look at similar style WHL player Nolan Patrick who put up great numbers even in the season prior to his draft year season and then look at how Patrick is struggling in the NHL. Hell I’d say that even Michael Rasmussen is a better player than Patrick is right now but that could change. Anyhow not so sure how much worth the not so dynamic big power forward centres have in today’s game anymore.

I do like Dylan Cozens who is on fire right now but he plays a more energy style game than Dach who plays a slowed down calmer game.
Could help Dach drop a bit to us. :D
SKYO. Let someone else draft the next coming of Chad Kilger.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Canucks move past Edmonton to within 1 point back of Dallas for the final wild card spot in the Western Conference. Season ends now we end up with the 14th best odds in winning the lottery. Draft Soderstrom - Right handed D-man. Swedes do well in Van, or draft someone out of the USHL or NCAA. The Canucks have been hitting it there lately:

Boeser
Hughes
Gaudette
Madden
Lockwood
Rathbone
Thiessen
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Yeah! 0.500

Yipeeeeeeeeeeee!
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:16 am The Canucks move past Edmonton to within 1 point back of Dallas for the final wild card spot in the Western Conference. Season ends now we end up with the 14th best odds in winning the lottery. Draft Soderstrom - Right handed D-man. Swedes do well in Van, or draft someone out of the USHL or NCAA. The Canucks have been hitting it there lately:

Boeser
Hughes
Gaudette
Madden
Lockwood
Rathbone
Thiessen
I think your math is suspect. Do these other teams eventually get to play those three or four games in hand?

Ratbones wasn’t drafted out of the USHL and neither was Thiessen
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Canucks are 7-2-1 in their last 10 games and showing no signs of stopping. Playoff Bound!!!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:49 am
RoyalDude wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:16 am The Canucks move past Edmonton to within 1 point back of Dallas for the final wild card spot in the Western Conference. Season ends now we end up with the 14th best odds in winning the lottery. Draft Soderstrom - Right handed D-man. Swedes do well in Van, or draft someone out of the USHL or NCAA. The Canucks have been hitting it there lately:

Boeser
Hughes
Gaudette
Madden
Lockwood
Rathbone
Thiessen
I think your math is suspect. Do these other teams eventually get to play those three or four games in hand?

Rathbone USHS and now playing NCAA, close enough!! Theissen out of MJHL now USHL heading to NCAA next season close enough!!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Boeser
Hughes
Gaudette
Madden
Lockwood
Rathbone
Thiessen

Of the 5 teams in contention for the 2 final WC wildcard spots only vancouver (7-2-1) and Edmonton (5-4-1) have a winning record. Anaheim is playing .500 hockey (Toppers favourite). Dallas 1 point ahead of us is 4-6 over last 10 games and Minny is 3-6-1 over last 10 games. The next behind Minny (St.Lou) is too far back point wise so don’t matter how many games they have in hand. So factoring in that the canucks have the best record of the 5 teams in contention for the final two wild card spots I’d say the math looks very good in our favour. You can’t stop the Canuck freight train, Bubbles!!! 1-2 years is here! Draft RHD Soderstrom!!
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

RoyalDude wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:22 am

Boeser
Hughes
Gaudette
Madden
Lockwood
Rathbone
Thiessen

Of the 5 teams in contention for the 2 final WC wildcard spots only vancouver (7-2-1) and Edmonton (5-4-1) have a winning record. Anaheim is playing .500 hockey (Toppers favourite). Dallas 1 point ahead of us is 4-6 over last 10 games and Minny is 3-6-1 over last 10 games. The next behind Minny (St.Lou) is too far back point wise so don’t matter how many games they have in hand. So factoring in that the canucks have the best record of the 5 teams in contention for the final two wild card spots I’d say the math looks very good in our favour. You can’t stop the Canuck freight train, Bubbles!!! 1-2 years is here! Draft RHD Soderstrom!!
The Canucks are playing 0.500 hockey
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

.500 is the holy grail for many on this board
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Topper wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:32 am
RoyalDude wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:22 am

Boeser
Hughes
Gaudette
Madden
Lockwood
Rathbone
Thiessen

The Canucks are playing 0.500 hockey
Yeah, you play in that sandbox, Topper.

Trending
Trending
Trending

Last 10 games!!!