2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Patrick - 38 games - 5 goals 6 assisist
Pettersson - 38 games - 22 goals 20 assists

Patrick has missed 7 games this year, Pettersson has missed 8 games

Patrick played 73 games last year

SKYO its time you stop making excuses for the 2nd overall pick. Remember, he put up way better numbers than Dach in the WHL. Patrick dominated the WHL

That being said if he is available where the Canucks will be drafting - somewhere in the middle of the 1st round we should consider but the alarm bells should be raging if he falls that far
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

.500 records do not have teams drafting in the middle of the first round
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:16 am .500 records do not have teams drafting in the middle of the first round
If the season ended now we’d be drafting 11th

We are 2 points out of the final wild card spot. The WC is not as strong as EC, especially the pacific division

We no longer have played copious amount of games more than our WC competition

Our schedule is favourable over the last half, more home games, a lot of against beatable teams and a less hectic schedule

I’d hold your horses on that thought, Hoss :mex:
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

If you go by points pctg which is more accurate, the Canucks have as much a chance as ending up 7 th worst as 11 th worst. There are six teams with worse records and Vancouver is one of four teams one game under .500.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:27 am If you go by points pctg which is more accurate, the Canucks have as much a chance as ending up 7 th worst as 11 th worst. There are six teams with worse records and Vancouver is one of four teams one game under .500.
You’re a foolish gambler, Blob. When you consider all the facts as I pointed in my previous post and not just a snippet such as your previous post, one will surmise that the Canucks are in a favourable position in catching that final wildcard spot. The days of a top 5 pick as you so eloquently have been prognosticating since the season began are OVER!! :mex:
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Honest question Dude. Would you rather see the Canucks get squashed in four games after squeezing in with 85 points and picking 17th, or ending up with 76-78 points and picking 5Th ?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Nobody knows how far EP can take the team. Hes definitely the engine that could land at minimum a playoff spot...maybe farther.

Hes in the crosby mcdavid class of elite player that can carry a team all the way if the stars align just so. You build championship teams with pieces like this
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:45 am Nobody knows how far EP can take the team. Hes definitely the engine that could land at minimum a playoff spot...maybe farther.

Hes in the crosby mcdavid class of elite player that can carry a team all the way if the stars align just so. You build championship teams with pieces like this
I don’t disagree with that. He is a franchise player. I just think they need more skill and high end talent for a rebuild that is two years in. Juolevi is certainly no sure thing. Virtanen has tailed off big time but still looks like a useful piece imho. Hughes is tiny and who knows how his game will translate. I love his skating and his vision but I think he will struggle defensively when he does get here.

At the end of the day I’m not hoping they lose, but four games and out and picking 17 or 18 is not something I want to see either.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob. It’s not a good draft unless you are drafting top 3 in which I think you can agree that the Canucks will not be drafting top 3. It’s s massive cliff bigger than the Chief in Squamish to the next tier after Hughes and Kakko, even SKYO can attest to that. The rest of the class is a mish mash, don’t matter if you are picking 5th of 15th it’s not a good draft class
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Nope. It’s a good draft. The gap between 5 and 15-18 is huge. Try again.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:14 am Nope. It’s a good draft. The gap between 5 and 15-18 is huge. Try again.
OK you keep telling yourself that. Even Button revealed last week that the scouts are all telling him that it’s not a great draft.

Do I think good players won’t come out of this draft beyond the usual top 5? No. But in classes like this you can typically find good players later in the first round that end up being better than players drafted higher than them due the lack of players standing out as obvious top 10 players after Hughes and Kakko. You’ll be able to find your Larkins later in the first round and while there’s a strong chance of seeing Dal Colles go too 5

Make the playoffs, winning culture!!!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

And Mckenzie and others have said it’s a very good draft. You and Berry picker said the 2017 draft was garbage over and over and over again. You two hadn’t a clue what you were talking about.m

Getting skullfucked in four games does nothing to contribute to a.winning culture
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

We aren’t picking top 10.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

RD. wait...are you comparing Superstar Petey to Dach?? :lol: :lol:
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

SKYO wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:19 am RD. wait...are you comparing Superstar Petey to Dach?? :lol: :lol:
What are you on about Old School? You hitting the canned heat again? Sorry Chief, but there will be no more Bobby Clarke’s and Bryan Trottiers coming out of the prairies anymore. If you are not new school yet then I don’t know what can be done for you